Caroline Hirons

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why doesn’t she just hold her hands up and say look I was a dick, I was angry?

You can be a strong woman and not be aggressive

Reactions: 9
It was her ranting to her followers on her own page about a man who wasn’t engaging with her .
How she can justify what a fool she made of herself by bringing out the sexism card I don’t know.
She was livid that she’d been dismissed by a person from a hugely successful brand in a private message and couldn’t control her anger.

It’s not about the language, it’s her inability to ignore criticism or tolerate people who don’t value her opinion , her ego took a massive hit and she couldn’t cope.

Reactions: 7
She's very angry. She's around menopause age isn't she? I have to unfollow.
I think that's rather sexist. I doubt it's to do with the menopause ( I have many lovely friends of that age group who behave very well!) I think she's always been grumpy and confrontational and her success makes her feel more entitled to behave the way that she does.

Reactions: 9
She's very angry. She's around menopause age isn't she? I have to unfollow.
Caroline has always been an aggressive character, I don’t think the menopause is to blame , it’s in her nature.

I’m a similar age to Caroline and have been through the menopause , I didn’t become an angry seething mass, not every woman has a difficult transition 😉.

Reactions: 7
Caroline has always been an aggressive character, I don’t think the menopause is to blame , it’s in her nature.

I’m a similar age to Caroline and have been through the menopause , I didn’t become an angry seething mass, not every woman has a difficult transition 😉.
I too am through the menopause and whilst I confess to often feeling like a seething mass about things, firstly I am not sure it is menopause ;) and secondly I actually control myself and in my professional life would not dream of vocalising it as Caroline does. I might rant on to my friends and family, but professionally would always act appropriately. The problem is that Caroline is perpetuating the very problem she raises; by acting in a shouting sweary way she demeans what she has to say because that is what the misogynists pounce on. She could have called it out, but in a way that was far more intelligent and would have had other professionals having her back. None of them have come out to support her though, because she dealt with it so badly.

Reactions: 2
She has scored a own goal and realises it but in Caroline fashion is still blaming everyone but herself. I hope the guy does not lose his job over this and that the snitch feels ashamed.

Last edited:
She has scored a home goal and realises it but in Caroline fashion is still blaming everyone but herself. I hope the guy does not lose his job over this and that the snitch feels ashamed.
I don’t see why he’d lose his job over dismissing the opinion of brand consultant and blogger.

He didn’t engage with her publicly and kept his dignity unless proven otherwise , the fan girl who ran to Caroline was just looking for her approval.

Reactions: 4
I'm peri menopausal and find myself in a seeing rage at times but also manage to control it (for now!) I haven't followed for for the longest time so didn't realise she was angry a lot. She's like a bulldog chewing a wasp, her vibe brings me down, I don't understand why she is so popular.

Reactions: 3
Her aggressive personality isn’t new.

Years ago when I first followed her and did Twitter she’d often comment about using a bat on anyone who crossed her or her kids . She dropped that when she became much more successful. She’s always prided herself in being one not to cross despite her saying she’s not confrontational .

Reactions: 4
I don’t know how she can name any negative reaction to her aggression on sexism. Imagine the backlash if the roles had been reversed and it had been the man reacting that way to a PM from CH, there would have been uproar and he def would have lost his job.

Reactions: 1
@Girl meister 👏👏

She really does believe in her power to make or break a brand. The fact is she’s going to become insignificant, she’s going after big bucks and the products are aimed at women of a certain income and age, CH USP of gobshite teenager does not fit with this demographic. Teenagers and students will find her a fuddy duddy with products too expensive and not fashionable enough.
I’m waiting for the breakdown of her working relationship with Pixi, it’ll come.
I agree. Pixie are strong now and don’t particularly need her anymore.

I am on the edge of anger all the time *middle aged woman*

I’m often angry but it’s a character trait for me and I’m still a way away from menopause age. It’s not super duper fair to women to blame hormones or dismiss with a “ah it’s her period/menopause”. If / when I behave like a head, I own up to it, I don’t blame my uterus for it 😂
CH has always been an angry person, or at least she’s always portrayed this angry persona online. I’d hope that even if her hormones were giving her trouble, she would be able to remain professional. The issue here isn’t her hormones, it’s the fact that she doesn’t conduct herself professionally, and never has. She is just getting worse by the day. I’m really annoyed I used to be a huge fan and supporter.

Has anybody noticed how she started retweeting compliments and thanks from fans when this all started to go down?
Her deflection attempts remind me of the way Trump starts tweeting every time there’s a shitstorm coming so that he can deflect the public's attention.

Reactions: 8
I’m often angry but it’s a character trait for me and I’m still a way away from menopause age. It’s not super duper fair to women to blame hormones or dismiss with a “ah it’s her period/menopause”. If / when I behave like a head, I own up to it, I don’t blame my uterus for it 😂
CH has always been an angry person, or at least she’s always portrayed this angry persona online. I’d hope that even if her hormones were giving her trouble, she would be able to remain professional. The issue here isn’t her hormones, it’s the fact that she doesn’t conduct herself professionally, and never has. She is just getting worse by the day. I’m really annoyed I used to be a huge fan and supporter.

Has anybody noticed how she started retweeting compliments and thanks from fans when this all started to go down?
Her deflection attempts remind me of the way Trump starts tweeting every time there’s a shitstorm coming so that he can deflect the public's attention.
Absolutely, I think she realised that she had majorly messed up and so started engaging with her fans which she does not do a lot.... as I have said before it is telling that none of the other 'influencers' have come out in support. I noticed British Beauty Blogger liked a tweet from someone saying 'who throws away expensive product in response to a drama which is nothing to do with you' in response to the cult showing pictures of them chucking out DE products.

Reactions: 5
Absolutely, I think she realised that she had majorly messed up and so started engaging with her fans which she does not do a lot.... as I have said before it is telling that none of the other 'influencers' have come out in support. I noticed British Beauty Blogger liked a tweet from someone saying 'who throws away expensive product in response to a drama which is nothing to do with you' in response to the cult showing pictures of them chucking out DE products.
It’s on par with the people making videos of themselves burning their Nike shoes and clothes because they didn’t like the political stance of the campaign. Actually this is even stupider.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.