Caroline Hirons #9 No. I did like her in the past, now I think she's an oaf

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The woman raves on about spending your money on the middle bit of your routine and then creates a kit filled with cleansers, moisturisers and masks?! She’s said numerous times over the years that she doesn’t really use masks and that they don’t do anything other than give you some time to yourself. She contradicts herself constantly and it makes her advice less and less appealing.

Reactions: 13
What is the incorrect pricing going to be for this kit. There is always something she inflates to make the RRP look better
The Beauty Pie product is just over £8 if you’re a member and £60 for non-members. Realistically people only buy the product if they are members but she would have used the non-member price.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
She reviewed the Charlotte Tilbury mask a few years ago. Seemed fine. I think it's sheet masks she despises https://www.carolinehirons.com/2016/08/charlotte-tilbury-goddess-skin-clay-mask.html

The CT clay mask currently retails for almost 40 quid. I'll happily spend a fair whack on my favourite products but a clay mask for 40 quid? Robbery!

The kits in general though, meh. Only so much you can say when she's wheeling the same stuff out every three months.

Reactions: 6
Hello, long time lurker here. I bought the autumn kit...got totally caught up in the panicked count down buy. I have sensitive skin and none of it was really suitable. Lesson learnt! Is this list one she published?! I presume not? Interesting Sarah chapman is on the cliff list, I’ve been to her clinic a few times and found the facials worked

Hello, long time lurker here. I bought the autumn kit...got totally caught up in the panicked count down buy. I have sensitive skin and none of it was really suitable. Lesson learnt! Is this list one she published?! I presume not? Interesting Sarah chapman is on the cliff list, I’ve been to her clinic a few times and found the facials worked
It's apparently one her freaks made after listening to her play Shag, Marry, Push off a Cliff with brands.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Yes she seems to have an issue with Sarah Chapman...probably not willing to pay her 🤣

Reactions: 7
The list was made based on a live she did where she rated brands into those 3 categories. Someone in the freaks group drew up the list, but Hirons realised her live was potentially career suicide (or rather someone perhaps told her) so she deleted the video the next day.
But the list lives on... 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
She reviewed the Charlotte Tilbury mask a few years ago. Seemed fine. I think it's sheet masks she despises https://www.carolinehirons.com/2016/08/charlotte-tilbury-goddess-skin-clay-mask.html

The CT clay mask currently retails for almost 40 quid. I'll happily spend a fair whack on my favourite products but a clay mask for 40 quid? Robbery!

The kits in general though, meh. Only so much you can say when she's wheeling the same stuff out every three months.
https://www.carolinehirons.com/2016/05/masks-claymudcharcoal-etc.html Same year she talks about how its a good area to save money in too. Classic CH contradicting herself.

• Haha
So is her cliff stuff, stuff she would never use or recommend?

I mean, how arrogant does one person need to be?!

I know she said Benefit use a lot of silicone which is bad for your skin but The Ordinary use it too?

The woman raves on about spending your money on the middle bit of your routine and then creates a kit filled with cleansers, moisturisers and masks?! She’s said numerous times over the years that she doesn’t really use masks and that they don’t do anything other than give you some time to yourself. She contradicts herself constantly and it makes her advice less and less appealing.
So glad you said that about the masks!!! I knew she said it and I thought I was going mad because she's removed it and changed her stance on SPF too on her blog

She specifically said she only ever bought Cattier clay masks when she was in French pharmacies 🙄.

Reactions: 11
The Beauty Pie product is just over £8 if you’re a member and £60 for non-members. Realistically people only buy the product if they are members but she would have used the non-member price.
Wow you are correct! Claiming it's 60 but them we get it for 28, it's a bargain!

I really wanted the winter kit with delikate, ren balm, summer Fridays vitamin c etc but that didn't work because I am in the EU.
These kits don't seem interesting in the slightest to me :(

Reactions: 7
She specifically said she only ever bought Cattier clay masks when she was in French pharmacies 🙄.
I remember that too @rosemarina a YouTube of hers years ago showing a load of those clay masks you mix up yourself after she’d been on a trip to Paris.

Not that long ago she talked about masks again, I’m sure it was just a few weeks ago. She was saying not to waste your money on masks generally, but clay masks are ok and she only ever get the cheap ones. Like you say, it was specifically those Cattier brand ones. Perhaps they’ve launched in this country, or there’s somewhere you can now buy them over here?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good, inexpensive clay mask for very sensitive, sometimes dry and eczema-y skin? I generally like French pharmacy brands as they suit my skin. Just want something to help clarify nose/chin/jaw area as I don't do acids on the face. I don't get eczema specifically in that area but still dry/sensitive and have to be careful what I use.

Reactions: 1
Wow you are correct! Claiming it's 60 but them we get it for 28, it's a bargain!

I really wanted the winter kit with delikate, ren balm, summer Fridays vitamin c etc but that didn't work because I am in the EU.
These kits don't seem interesting in the slightest to me :(
so really kit value £283 getting it for £160, hardly a must buy saving xx

Reactions: 1
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good, inexpensive clay mask for very sensitive, sometimes dry and eczema-y skin? I generally like French pharmacy brands as they suit my skin. Just want something to help clarify nose/chin/jaw area as I don't do acids on the face. I don't get eczema specifically in that area but still dry/sensitive and have to be careful what I use.
I find this really nice as a once a week clay mask. You can use it as a scrub cleanser if you really wanted to but that would be a bit too harsh for me.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
I'm finding it entertaining how she has free shipping on the kits. Since it was her that said free shipping was a gimmick because companies will just add the price on somewhere else e.g. a product at £25 + £5 shipping or the same product at £30 + free shipping

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.