Caroline Hirons #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She needs to remember what she has already told people Autumn kits weren't going to happen now been planned for months....trying to push products that are for your autumnal skin how much does she thinks your skin changes over seasons plus it'll be out of date by next winter how wasteful.

She bigs herself up so much oh I phoned them and told them I want all your stock of this sod of I could still purchase summer kit products elsewhere.

She has created quite a scary community people putting themselves in debt not telling their other halfs what they have spent.

I have her book and none of the information is new none is ground breaking she got a lucky break but she needs to fade out she's truly toxic

Reactions: 16
Bloody hell, £300 for a skincare kit. Wild.

That person on the freaks group above hit the nail on the head. This is all about whipping people into a frenzy so they have very little time to properly assess whether, one, they actually want it, and two, whether they can actually afford it. I used to be pretty bad for getting lured into the newness of skincare and would have a massive stash that i'd barely use before it expired. This year I've finally calmed down and I'm now only buying things when I need it and I'm repurchasing things that work for me rather than constantly changing things up based on marketing hype.

I've got to admit, I was tempted when I saw they were still on sale at lunch time but the only things i'm interested in is the Antonia Burrell cleansing oil and the Votary serum. I could buy them both for £111 and save myself almost £200. Will see what the brand deals are like first though!
You are absolutely right ... there will be discounts so no need to buy full price... usually the kits are followed by brand discounts or with black friday round the corner all brands will dobthe customary 15 20 %off

Its 24 hrs ..both kits still available. .. she's made too many. .didn't read the market correctly and not as many folks buying ... there's so many potential duds .. the pink toner... dermalogica... KS essence toner hybrid...

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
The saviour/god complex is getting stronger in this one... so glad I left the group and all that hype and brown nosing.

Reactions: 11
What I can’t understand is why she’s put Dermalogica vitamin C serum in there at £125 (😳) when she’s been banging on about how good the Summer Fridays one at £57 is. Actually, I do know, so she can justify asking crazy prices for the kits. But really, who’d spend over £100 on a bloody vit c serum?!

As someone above said, how much profit has she made when she can afford to give £40k to charity. Just goes to show the crazy mark up on skincare.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
What I can’t understand is why she’s put Dermalogica vitamin C serum in there at £125 (😳) when she’s been banging on about how good the Summer Fridays one at £57 is. Actually, I do know, so she can justify asking crazy prices for the kits. But really, who’d spend over £100 on a bloody vit c serum?!

As someone above said, how much profit has she made when she can afford to give £40k to charity. Just goes to show the crazy mark up on skincare.
You watch, she’ll moving home soon. She’s made a mint.

Reactions: 10
I think at this point it must the brands that reach out to her, not her to them. The kits are both a source of income and huge advertisement for them as well. I don't believe that she chooses what's to be included purely based on people's skin needs.

Reactions: 7
She needs to remember what she has already told people Autumn kits weren't going to happen now been planned for months....trying to push products that are for your autumnal skin how much does she thinks your skin changes over seasons plus it'll be out of date by next winter how wasteful.

She bigs herself up so much oh I phoned them and told them I want all your stock of this sod of I could still purchase summer kit products elsewhere.

She has created quite a scary community people putting themselves in debt not telling their other halfs what they have spent.

I have her book and none of the information is new none is ground breaking she got a lucky break but she needs to fade out she's truly toxic
The Autumn kits had been planned for months it was the summer ones she wasn't going to do but her followers on instagram and facebook kept asking her to do them. I think she she had already been in discussions with the brands prior to lockdown and whilst I think the kits were very expensive I get why she also needed to sell them because she needs to pay the brands back, especially the smaller ones who probably need the money to pay salaries and suppliers etc. I think she should just do the bigger kits twice a year, one every three months is too expensive especially at a £300 price point. As people point out it's only good value of you were interested in and will use all or most of the items or want to split up as gifts.

People are speculating how many kits she makes, I think 10,000 the the last three launches. The first kit she made less of and it sold out quickly and her following I believe had grown a lot since then.

Clearly she is making money from the kits but she doesn't keep it all as she has a business partner who presumably shares the profits. I do appreciate that she is also making donations to charity which is guaranteed even if the kits don't sell out.

I think at this point it must the brands that reach out to her, not her to them. The kits are both a source of income and huge advertisement for them as well. I don't believe that she chooses what's to be included purely based on people's skin needs.
I agree that the bigger brands are reaching out to her. Some of the brands she has been a fan of for years and I think will always be in kits such as Kate Somerville, Oskia and Zelens. I think Dermalogica and Strivecten have worked with her to get in the kits (I'm not criticising their products but she never really talked about Dermalogica until this year).

Reactions: 9
I think it will be interesting to see what happens with future kits now that the hype has died down slightly.

I think a few things impacted their ability to sell this time:
- Price point
- Proximity to summer kits (I’ll admit I bought a summer kit, I haven’t used any of the products from that up fully so wouldn’t consider another kit at all until I do)
- The products weren’t as exciting. While there were some nice things, others seemed like duds. As someone mentioned above, why include the Dermalogica Vit C when she’s been banging on about the Summer Friday’s one? Obviously it in part comes down to what the brands want to include, but it doesn’t seem like any of the products that are normally hyped in the freaks group were included this time (possibly because she’s included a lot of them in previous kits?)

Reactions: 11
Oh Christ she’s off!!
And the woman who questioned the price/timing of the kits wasn't being an 'hole' to her
She just said it seemed hypocritical and against things she said before. Why does that woman take valid, constructive criticism so badly?

Reactions: 16
Lots of us have had to change our business plans or models this year. I don’t see why CH couldn’t have turned around to these brands and asked them to include cheaper products instead of a £120 vitamin c serum or a £170 retinol. That is bloody ludicrous. She could have quite easily and given the circumstances, I’m sure these brands would have understood and done it.
I think part of it comes down to the fact that people won’t be able to afford to repurchase these products at full price once they run out either and that’s put people off.

Reactions: 9
Well as mentioned earlier the brand discounts are up ... I've zeroed in n picked Good Genes lactic at 30% discount (thats the max that happens ... usually on skinstore black friday ...... free shipping ...85$ n I'm happy... wanted deviant cleansing balm n oil ...But had to choose. .. ill dobthose in another discount when it happens. .still have 2 3 balms n oils in my stash so no rush !!!

I think it will be interesting to see what happens with future kits now that the hype has died down slightly.

I think a few things impacted their ability to sell this time:
- Price point
- Proximity to summer kits (I’ll admit I bought a summer kit, I haven’t used any of the products from that up fully so wouldn’t consider another kit at all until I do)
- The products weren’t as exciting. While there were some nice things, others seemed like duds. As someone mentioned above, why include the Dermalogica Vit C when she’s been banging on about the Summer Friday’s one? Obviously it in part comes down to what the brands want to include, but it doesn’t seem like any of the products that are normally hyped in the freaks group were included this time (possibly because she’s included a lot of them in previous kits?)
Cause Dermalogica are a big company n can pump out in big numbers at short notice. .. i always remember her stating it was a meh brand n she easnt interested in one of her teview videos ...

Reactions: 8
I had a few items I expected to see in the kit and told myself I’d buy it if they were in there. Summer Fridays vit C was one of those items so the Dermalogica option seemed completely out of the blue. It didn’t help that they decided to do an extra large version which only added to the cost of the kit. None of the items i expected or hoped for were included.

The expense of the retinoid products also put me off. I’m on tretinoin gel and from what I’ve seen on FB, half of her followers now use Dermatica or Skin&Me. So £105 of the kit value isn’t of any value at all.

I didn’t know much about Deviant or Antonia Burrell but those were the two products that actually excited me so I decided to use the two brand offers instead.

£300 on a skincare kit, oh my Christ.

I never, ever buy full-sized premium skincare without first trying a sample (I find lots on ebay). Encouraging anyone to buy that many full-sized products without knowing if they are any good seems like poor advice from someone who claims to be socially conscious.
[/QUOTE]

There was an Emma Hardie mist in the summer kits that caused a lot of allergic reactions. So many red faced photos were posted on FB asking for help after using it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I did scoot to the end of the live and watch her talking to Dr Lens. So disrespectful and cringe. The bit where she said he messages her at 8am on a Sunday morning, and there was something about him begging her for something. It's so embarrassing and "thou protest too much". Also I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but did anyone see her conversation with Ava when she joined the other live? That too was so cringe-inducing and wow, she is so negative about her daughter.

New thread here huns

I did scoot to the end of the live and watch her talking to Dr Lens. So disrespectful and cringe. The bit where she said he messages her at 8am on a Sunday morning, and there was something about him begging her for something. It's so embarrassing and "thou protest too much". Also I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but did anyone see her conversation with Ava when she joined the other live? That too was so cringe-inducing and wow, she is so negative about her daughter.
Someone has got too big for her humongous trainers!! 🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 5

New thread here huns
You need to ask admin to lock this thread now to prevent further posts.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.