Caroline Hirons #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You don't have to like Caroline but I thought Tattle was about calling out influencers for their shady behaviour, Susan Yara acted illegally and lied to her followers. Caroline is in the same circle as Susan therefore could be tarnished by association even if they dont actually know each other.

Caroline does know James Welsh who I really enjoy watching and I think he is generally unproblematic. Susan brought him and other influencers into the drama with her video which does raise questions about his integrity and opens him up to criticism which is unfair.

Caroline doesn't have a brand with Pixi, she developed one product with them (they collaborate with several influencers every year bringing out limited edition products) however as her product is a best seller so that's why it's been kept on the shelves.
Caroline....is that you?!

I agree. I mean we can all agree the Susan Yara thing is a hot mess and from what we know, unethical as well as a advertising rule breach (in the USA).

If Caroline wants to talk about it, fine. It might be something you include in another video to say I’ve seen the situation and here’s what I think. But launching an ad hoc insta live to rant about the situation which does not affect CH at all does seem pretty opportunistic. Like why does it require so much of her energy to rant and swear? She says it makes the influencer industry look bad. LMAO. Sorry but the industry is already rotten, the Susan Yara thing is just another example of shady behaviour and kick backs, non disclosure, affiliate links etc.

CH came over as judge and jury in that insta live, bragging she’d got receipts and telling the whole yarn. Why not just mention some initial thoughts on the situation and see what happens with the US regulator? I’m tired of all this rage and anger towards everything and everyone. It just smacks of whipping up a mob to go and leave hate on another influencers page, then sit back wide eyed and go OMG can’t believe everyone’s so angry about this. It’s quite deliberate antagonistic behaviour. And again, you dont know what the consequences are. People end their lives over being dragged online. That’s why I’m saying, talk about the situation and your opinion but you can do it in a calm and respectful manner which avoids stirring up a mob of idiots.
Yep!!!

Reactions: 1
It’s entirely possibly to hold two views that 1) Susan Yara has been shady as duck based on what we know and 2) it was unnecessary for CH to go on a massive rant and whip up outrage to her followers, many of whom may go and seek out Susans social channels to leave their own comments.

CH is acting like Estee Laundry. There is no need for cancel and drag culture. What CH is doing is dangerous, and she should behave more responsibly. Yes, comment on the situation if you want but setting up an insta live to rant and rave with the purpose of whipping up outrage and attention isnt right. There are other ways. Let’s be honest, she wants the optics of looking like a saint and the spokesperson of the Beauty influence industry. She chose to speak out because it benefits her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I think CH had to address it. If she didn’t, her US followers (who have more of an idea of who this Susan woman is) would have been wondering why not?
Put it this way, had a UK influencer done this, and CH hadn’t said anything, we would be outraged on tattle.

I think doing a live insta, ranting and raving, wasn’t very professional though.

Reactions: 4
I agree. I mean we can all agree the Susan Yara thing is a hot mess and from what we know, unethical as well as a advertising rule breach (in the USA).

If Caroline wants to talk about it, fine. It might be something you include in another video to say I’ve seen the situation and here’s what I think. But launching an ad hoc insta live to rant about the situation which does not affect CH at all does seem pretty opportunistic. Like why does it require so much of her energy to rant and swear? She says it makes the influencer industry look bad. LMAO. Sorry but the industry is already rotten, the Susan Yara thing is just another example of shady behaviour and kick backs, non disclosure, affiliate links etc.

CH came over as judge and jury in that insta live, bragging she’d got receipts and telling the whole yarn. Why not just mention some initial thoughts on the situation and see what happens with the US regulator? I’m tired of all this rage and anger towards everything and everyone. It just smacks of whipping up a mob to go and leave hate on another influencers page, then sit back wide eyed and go OMG can’t believe everyone’s so angry about this. It’s quite deliberate antagonistic behaviour. And again, you dont know what the consequences are. People end their lives over being dragged online. That’s why I’m saying, talk about the situation and your opinion but you can do it in a calm and respectful manner which avoids stirring up a mob of idiots.
Spot on, well said!

Reactions: 2
Spot on, well said!
Also the few hours worth of warning so that the people watching ran up to almost/over 4,000. She says she doesn’t do those ’tea spill’ reaction videos but this basically was one.

For someone who says they don’t like the drama she sure does get caught up in it a lot!

I’m not saying she should have stayed silent at all, a story slide or two would have sufficed. I don’t know why she plays up to this ‘beauty big mouth’ still.

Reactions: 6
Also the few hours worth of warning so that the people watching ran up to almost/over 4,000. She says she doesn’t do those ’tea spill’ reaction videos but this basically was one.

For someone who says they don’t like the drama she sure does get caught up in it a lot!

I’m not saying she should have stayed silent at all, a story slide or two would have sufficed. I don’t know why she plays up to this ‘beauty big mouth’ still.
The EGO has landed!!! 🦅🦅🦅

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Completely agree. The ‘warning’ hours before ensured everyone logged in to hear the drama. It didn’t feel right.

Also the early comment on here regarding suicide risk - yes people have taken their own lives after online campaigns etc.
How would CH feel if this happened? Awful I bet.
I’m not saying don’t call people out - but there’s a way of doing it. A statement would have sufficed! Not a ranting IGTV that she herself said she would put up on her blog so the YouTube followers of this lady could go and watch. WHY?

Reactions: 5
Completely agree. The ‘warning’ hours before ensured everyone logged in to hear the drama. It didn’t feel right.

Also the early comment on here regarding suicide risk - yes people have taken their own lives after online campaigns etc.
How would CH feel if this happened? Awful I bet.
I’m not saying don’t call people out - but there’s a way of doing it. A statement would have sufficed! Not a ranting IGTV that she herself said she would put up on her blog so the YouTube followers of this lady could go and watch. WHY?
She’s become disillusioned with her own self importance. She’s going to spoil herself. I used to like her in the early days.

Reactions: 7
New to this thread - I’ve heard of people mentioning CH, usually in hushed reverential tones, as if she has the key to perfect skin etc etc. I’ve just, for the first time, watched some of her stories - and I don’t get it! Am I missing something? She just looks like some very ordinary fudge faced hausfrau with circles under her eyes and lines/bags too. Is her look something we are supposed to aspire to? Or is it a case of don’t do as I do, do as I say - because if she’s promoting products and skincare routines, I don’t want to end up looking like her!!!
Fudgefaced hausfrau 😂

• Haha
Caroline’s eyebrows are looking much more groomed , as if they’d been taken care of recently 🤔🤔.

Is she on the TV any time soon ?,she’d not break lockdown , would she😉

Caroline’s eyebrows are looking much more groomed , as if they’d been taken care of recently 🤔🤔.

She’s on This Morning tomorrow hence the eyebrows!!
Regarding her hair, if she’s so close to Josh her hairdresser, I’m sure she could have hit some mixed up.

She’s on This Morning tomorrow hence the eyebrows!!
Regarding her hair, if she’s so close to Josh her hairdresser, I’m sure she could have hit some mixed up.
If she’s had her brows done she’s broken the lockdown rules ; Jim’s high risk after all and has shielded since March 🤔.

She’s terribly uptight about her name being put to this ad regarding douching , it’s hit a nerve, did she lash out at a poster on her Live?

She is a FULLY INTERNATIONALLY TRAINED AND RECOGNISED BEAUTY THERAPIST!!!! remember

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She is a FULLY INTERNATIONALLY TRAINED AND RECOGNISED BEAUTY THERAPIST!!!! remember
duck me 😂 and forgive me; I’d forgotten she’d done ALL THE TRAINiNG from London to Warrington to Liverpool to the USA and the indigenous population of the Cherokee Indians.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
duck me 😂 and forgive me; I’d forgotten she’d done ALL THE TRAINiNG from London to Warrington to Liverpool to the USA and the indigenous population of the Cherokee Indians.
Yes, she is known for HER "therapist swipe" in Timbuktu too

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’m not sure if anyone here listens to The Emma Guns Show podcast, but Caroline was on the most recent episode. She has been on there a few times and they are industry friends. I was really interested to hear this interview because Caroline, although her usual self in that she is opinionated, outspoken etc, seemed very down and depressed. I think the book launch is taking its’ toll on her. Towards the end of the interview, Caroline started ranting about how she is fed up of people prefacing her podcast and video interviews with “bear in mind there might be some strong language” and so on forth. She said that she felt that they were trying to excuse her behaviour and shame her. Emma said some nice things back to her and Caroline got a bit teary.

I find some of Caroline’s views abrasive. I don’t think that any influencer is perfect, but I have started taking better care of my skin because of her. I would never be stupid enough to buy Drunk Elephant just because she recommended it for example. The arrogance of that brand puts me right off!

Reactions: 3
I find some of Caroline’s views abrasive. I don’t think that any influencer is perfect, but I have started taking better care of my skin because of her. I would never be stupid enough to buy Drunk Elephant just because she recommended it for example. The arrogance of that brand puts me right off!
Was she inferring that there shouldn’t be a language warning on podcasts she’s on where she swears? That’s weird, they’re standard?

Was she inferring that there shouldn’t be a language warning on podcasts she’s on where she swears? That’s weird, they’re standard?
No, she said there was a huge difference in her view from language warnings and people patronising and shaming her.

Caroline....is that you?!
Don't be ridiculous. It's one thing to not like her but don't ignore facts, that's haterish behaviour. Pixi is not her brand, she developed one product with Pixi. Susan Yara is literally the co-founder of that brand, completely different.

What we're not going to do is defending illegal and unethical behaviour because we don't like the person that's calling it out.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.