Caroline Hirons #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Every bugger knows. She only mentions it eight hundred and twenty twelve times a year.

Credit where credit is due, the basis of some of her advice is great. When I first became aware of her 8 years ago, my skin was shocking. Some of what she says is actually good, and my skin has never been better. Sadly, she's also turned into an absolute ding bat who believes her own hype.
I’ve just read on IG a ton of people asking about their book delivery. She is short and rude. Not one ‘thanks for buying it’. Just ‘ contact Amazon and ask them’. She’s plain bloody horrible and ungrateful. That book made her minted.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
New to this thread - I’ve heard of people mentioning CH, usually in hushed reverential tones, as if she has the key to perfect skin etc etc. I’ve just, for the first time, watched some of her stories - and I don’t get it! Am I missing something? She just looks like some very ordinary fudge faced hausfrau with circles under her eyes and lines/bags too. Is her look something we are supposed to aspire to? Or is it a case of don’t do as I do, do as I say - because if she’s promoting products and skincare routines, I don’t want to end up looking like her!!!
I think she has a huge following because people might find her more relatable than some super young and perfect Instagrammer if you see what I mean

Reactions: 8
Does anyone else think the whole book launch is skeevy? Preorders being cancelled at Waterstones and Amazon, all the signed copies seemingly being the ones that got cancelled even though she "spent ages" signing? I get a weird feeling about it

Does anyone else think the whole book launch is skeevy? Preorders being cancelled at Waterstones and Amazon, all the signed copies seemingly being the ones that got cancelled even though she "spent ages" signing? I get a weird feeling about it
What do you think is going on? (I don't mean that rudely- I'm interested.)

What do you think is going on? (I don't mean that rudely- I'm interested.)
I don't know! She just seems to be prone to technical "glitches " with everything, I do think that there is a level of incompetence that's being blamed on the sellers. Whether they haven't volume of books they needed, she hasnt signed as many as were sold or they're logistically more difficult than planned, I don't honestly know. I just wouldnt be confident ordering from her

Reactions: 3
I don't know! She just seems to be prone to technical "glitches " with everything, I do think that there is a level of incompetence that's being blamed on the sellers. Whether they haven't volume of books they needed, she hasnt signed as many as were sold or they're logistically more difficult than planned, I don't honestly know. I just wouldnt be confident ordering from her
I don't think she can be balmed for glitches with third party sellers such as Amazon, Smith's and Waterstones I think in all likelihood demand has outstripped supply with signed copies and it's possible that the printers haven't printed enough copies due to covid and lockdown 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Whilst I don’t like to stick up for CH at least out of the influencer brigade she has written a book in the area she has worked in all her life. I’m not saying she has even half the qualifications she would like us to think she has but she has worked in this area for years. I have benefitted from some of her advice but am old enough and wise enough to pick the bits that suit me and not to slavishly follow everything she says and does. Bods like Anna and Lily have just written books because Gleam got them a deal. They were in their 20s with no real life experiences at all and certainly could not be considered experts in anything other than schilling.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yeah I don't think she has the most competent people working for her. Apparently she and her team spent "half a year" working on those retinol videos. I watched and they were mostly just her talking about the inci lists of products... She should stop employing family members, they're clearly leeching off her.

Reactions: 6
Yeah I don't think she has the most competent people working for her. Apparently she and her team spent "half a year" working on those retinol videos. I watched and they were mostly just her talking about the inci lists of products... She should stop employing family members, they're clearly leeching off her.
Definitely. Total Amateur Hour.

Reactions: 1
I still can't get over the fact that she contradicts herself every two seconds. She says formula is king but then says there's no point buying a product with actives not being in the first 5 ingredients. The gag is, her holy grail product Kate Somerville Deep Tissue Repair has literally got one single peptide dumped towards the bottom of the inci list.

I cringed so hard during her live yesterday, when queen Dija was schooling her on new technologies and products, people in the comment section knew more about them than she did. Yet she's the one got a book coming out called "Skin Care"...

Reactions: 5
Is Caroline even a qualified dermatologist? If not, what is with people giving advice/writing a book on topics they aren't qualified in?

I still can't get over the fact that she contradicts herself every two seconds. She says formula is king but then says there's no point buying a product with actives not being in the first 5 ingredients. The gag is, her holy grail product Kate Somerville Deep Tissue Repair has literally got one single peptide dumped towards the bottom of the inci list.

I cringed so hard during her live yesterday, when queen Dija was schooling her on new technologies and products, people in the comment section knew more about them than she did. Yet she's the one got a book coming out called "Skin Care"...
I think that Dija is brilliant but Caroline is not so much.

I don't think she can be balmed for glitches with third party sellers such as Amazon, Smith's and Waterstones I think in all likelihood demand has outstripped supply with signed copies and it's possible that the printers haven't printed enough copies due to covid and lockdown 🤷‍♀️
She claims that all supplier have lots of stock.

Is Caroline even a qualified dermatologist? If not, what is with people giving advice/writing a book on topics they aren't qualified in?
Not at all.

As per her own website,

Training:
Brands:
  • I am trained in (well) over 100 brands and a globally qualified advanced aesthetician. My career has involved developing bespoke facials and training teams internationally for top brands in the UK, USA and Far East.
  • I have been in retail for 35 years and working as a Consultant to brands in the Beauty Industry for 15 years, advising brands on the route into market, where they should be selling and why. I am not currently consulting for any brands on a full time retainer basis, I occasionally work on a half-day/full day basis.
    To see my full employment history and brands that I’ve worked with click here.
Basically she's done the training to work on a beauty counter and has worked with brands in the skincare space for a long time.

Am I being a bit dumb here...she’s has basically an unlimited supply of skincare. Crazy expensive skincare at that! And has done for years. Yet she has fillers & Botox doesn’t she? I thought the skincare was to prevent needing such things 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I think she couldn’t afford botox and fillers before, or wasn’t getting them for free. Her flat is absolutely tiny and crammed with stuff. I don’t think she’s had much disposable income until quite recently.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.