Caroline Hirons #12 the lousiest QVC I've ever seen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is supposedly a 'personal trainer'. She has no muscle tone for a personal trainer and before anyone accuses me of body shaming, it's not about size, it's about muscle tone
I don't think her body is that great. To me it appears as though she's really overworked her arse (I know it's the fashion these days, unlike my "does my bum look big in this" generation) so it looks out of proportion to her neat little bosom.

Reactions: 4
Omg, she’s just the worst. Loves telling people they’re wrong. As for the sycophantic comment 🤢
There’s loads of her followers in the comments saying don’t do this and but it’s not even that different to the amount of products that she suggests using. In her book she suggests about 11 products if you’re in your 30s and there are 7 morning steps.

And I didn’t really read that article but just skimmed through and it does say you can skip some if you don’t need it. I don’t really get how her followers are thinking she suggests different things. Like someone commented to read johanna gillbros (who I don’t know) who suggests just a cleanser moisturiser and one of the freaks is saying, better yet read the bible but it’s barely different to what’s being suggested in the original post.

And I’m gathering theyre up in arms about the order of things? But surely a bit of moisturiser before retinol isn’t going to render the retinol totally useless? I mean I have no idea but everyone’s just saying it’s wrong and not realllllly offering an alternative- I assume because they don’t really know what is wrong/right.

Do you think she just jumps on those posts to poach some of their followers?

Attachments

Reactions: 2
There’s loads of her followers in the comments saying don’t do this and but it’s not even that different to the amount of products that she suggests using. In her book she suggests about 11 products if you’re in your 30s and there are 7 morning steps.

And I didn’t really read that article but just skimmed through and it does say you can skip some if you don’t need it. I don’t really get how her followers are thinking she suggests different things. Like someone commented to read johanna gillbros (who I don’t know) who suggests just a cleanser moisturiser and one of the freaks is saying, better yet read the bible but it’s barely different to what’s being suggested in the original post.

And I’m gathering theyre up in arms about the order of things? But surely a bit of moisturiser before retinol isn’t going to render the retinol totally useless? I mean I have no idea but everyone’s just saying it’s wrong and not realllllly offering an alternative- I assume because they don’t really know what is wrong/right.

Everytime I see them referring to the bible, I always think the Bible? why? Then I remember they meant the physical copy of all her blogs!

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Moisturiser doesn't render retinol useless- plenty of dermatologists recommend using a moisturiser sandwich when people are getting used to or stepping up the strength of a retinoid, to reduce irritation.

Reactions: 10
I saw the Dermatologist back when I was fully Hironised with an excessive routine that took way too long and was a ballache but you know “Queen Caroline knows best” 🤪

went to see him again earlier this week now I have a much pared back routine that I have worked out for my skin and he told me how great my skin was looking.

So suck it Caroline!

• Heart
Reactions: 18

So I did a google, Gillbros is a Swedish skin scientist apparently. With a PhD (though I haven’t found what in). Her book: Amazon product

Bible competition 😆. Plus Dr Anjali Mahto’s ‘skincare Bible’ and so many others claiming to also be definitive/the only book on skin you need…🙄

Reactions: 2
New level of SPF hysteria. A freak asking if they should wear SPF for a night shift in a hospital....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
New level of SPF hysteria. A freak asking if they should wear SPF for a night shift in a hospital....
I swear they are just desperately trying to find things to post about. Either that or they want to be seen as the most conscientious person about skincare.

The planet is on fire. The hole in the ozone layer is growing. The economy is in the toilet. 31% of the UK’s children are living in poverty. Racism, misogyny and intolerance are on the rise. There is a fecking big pandemic surrounding us. We may be heading into another lockdown….

… A freak asking if they should wear SPF for a night shift in a hospital....
… and this ⬆ is what some people are worried about?!?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
The world falling apart won't stop day to day worries that people have but stressing over sunscreen on a night shift is ridiculous

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I've worked many a night shift on a busy hospital ward and let me tell you, the last thing I'm thinking about when I finish the shift is whether or not I should apply sunscreen!....have I left with the controlled drug keys/ did I fill in the fluid chart/empty the catheter bag/ did the porters collect the. notes /what's for tea tonight?

Reactions: 13
😂
Luckily some are replying about how ridiculous it is.
Sadly others are saying that if she enters the building and leaves IN DARKNESS, then yes she should be OK without, but if any daylight hits her, say from walking from the car to the building she will need her SPF 50. And should apply it when leaving work in the morning. It is like they are all vampires panicking about the watery autumnal sun being on them for two whole minutes. Why don't they all just go around with blankets over their heads to dash from building to building?

• Haha
But what if the blanket slips and exposes a millimetre of skin? Better plaster on the sunscreen just in case!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Another post from a woman in Intensive care re skin care.
Surprised they can use phones in there given the amount of sensitive equipment. Plus I though ICU patient's were very poorly.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.