Caroline Hirons #11 Is it the X Factor circa 2005 or a skincare group?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see another baby pic has been posted. This is ridiculous. The mods really need to step up.

Reactions: 11
New rule. Please ask a health visitor or doctor about any concerns you may have about a child's skin.
Caroline Hirons skincare freaks cannot verify the credentials of anyone giving health care or skin care advice, therefore it is best to err on the side of caution and not allow these types of post.
Posting pictures of your children or indeed someone else's children is not allowed. There are obvious reasons for this but we prefer to call people with concerns regarding this idiots.

Reactions: 20
You have to wonder about how naive (and by extension, gullible?) these freaks are. They’re posting pictures of their children publicly on the web; do they REALLY have no clue how these pictures could be used? Or do they know but are so driven to get a scrap of attention that they’re willing to overlook the risks?

Plus some of them may be single parents too; could cause problems if the other parent hasn’t consented or even be used against them (“my former partner chose to post a picture online rather than seeking medical advice”).

Reactions: 15
You have to wonder about how naive (and by extension, gullible?) these freaks are. They’re posting pictures of their children publicly on the web; do they REALLY have no clue how these pictures could be used? Or do they know but are so driven to get a scrap of attention that they’re willing to overlook the risks?

Plus some of them may be single parents too; could cause problems if the other parent hasn’t consented or even be used against them (“my former partner chose to post a picture online rather than seeking medical advice”).
Especially yesterday's picture of the poor child's bum cheek. Really uncomfortable with that one

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
"so many of you keep asking"... Sure they are 🙄

Also should This Morning really be having a beautician and professional shiller answering questions on vitiligo and other skin conditions?
No way! Thats a segment for a derm no?
Did they disclose to viewers she isn't one?

Reactions: 9

Caroline is so desperate to appear liberal and cool. The woman has no sense whatsoever- if I was her I wouldn't want to be associated with that kind of stuff in any way, shape or form. Apart from the safeguarding issue, it is also potentially dangerous that someone would turn to skincare group rather than going to a medical practitioner

Reactions: 12
All of those posts should be removed with a kind message that says this is against our guidelines, please speak to your GP or pharmacist about skin concerns in the first instance. Any further posts of this kind will lead to a ban from the group.
But she won’t take responsibility like that

Reactions: 14
No way! Thats a segment for a derm no?
Did they disclose to viewers she isn't one?
There’s a lot of legal disclaimers have to be made, even when doctors do these sort of segments on tv programmes. I hope this was observed on TM.

Reactions: 7
This stuff was done away with on Mumsnet yonks ago, absolutely no pictures of children were allowed. There is also a big disclaimer on medical posts. If they do manage to slip through the cracks they're immediately zapped.
On the subject of begging and highly emotive posts unfortunately it took a scandal before MN actually got their ass into gear on that front.
I have a feeling it will take the same for Caroline to be brought into line, she might end up in the guardian for another reason.

There’s a lot of legal disclaimers have to be made, even when doctors do these sort of segments on tv programmes. I hope this was observed on TM.
Can you imagine if someone like Hyram was doing that segment on TM? He would be subjected to dogs abuse from her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Poor Caroline doesn't know what to be enraged about at the moment so she's going back over old ground. Clue Caroline everyone is livid about a certain MP why not stick your oar in there.

Reactions: 10
Surprised she hasn't waded in to the Matt Hancock stuff. But Scarlet Johansson's rumoured skincare line is an easier target eh?

Just saw a post on the group where someone was offered freebies again, BUT they actually thanked the person but declined and suggested they spend the money on something nice for themselves. Contrast to the usual response where people have pretty much got their preprinted address labels ready! 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I had a feeling a while ago she’d launch a menopause skin kit and sure enough she’s done it.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Knew that was coming. She was dropping heavy hints. She's dropped the clanger today. Will release whats in it tomorrow and sell it Thursday.
Hype Queen cuntychops.

• Haha
Knew that was coming. She was dropping heavy hints. She's dropped the clanger today. Will release whats in it tomorrow and sell it Thursday.
Hype Queen cuntychops.
Wonder how many people who aren't menopausal will buy it?!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Wonder how many people who aren't menopausal will buy it?!
You just know that every freak at least 20 years either side will buy it right? Just in case, for the stash and the skincare fridge. There is going to be a stampede, do not fuq with a menopausal woman, some of them don't take it lightly.

For the record , please don’t listen to CH about menopause.

Think about your symptoms and what’s causing you distress , speak to a Health Professional and do lots of research.

I’ve had a very easy transition ( through a total hysterectomy) and surgical menopause and didn’t take HRT, all’s well 10 years later, I’m now 53.

We’re all different .

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.