Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s a horrible situation. The mother probably feels she needs to find someone to blame.

I think her mother needs to be a bit kinder! Imagine blaming anyone at all for someone taking their own lives! If it’s grief that’s one thing,she needs to blame someone who else if not the police, paramedics, friends, herself?? Their is no blame to place, no one made her kill herself! A series of events that she started led to her killing herself! And I imagine all involved particularly the police officer she so wrongly addressed the blame to feels terrible enough and has replayed this over and over! End of the day her daughter committed an offence she admitted to, so mayb start by admitting that to herself before blaming anyone.
It’s actually fairly common for loved ones of suicide victims to lash out and blame someone.

Reactions: 16
Then may
It’s a horrible situation. The mother probably feels she needs to find someone to blame.
Then start by looking closer to home I know if my child god forbid ever attempted or did take their own lives I would as a mother blame myself for all I should could or would of done!

Ob

It’s actually fairly common for loved ones of suicide victims to lash out and blame someone.
Obviously ! But to do it In such a spiteful public way when she has said this is what led her daughter to kill herself is unforgivable! She would have had plenty of time and advice as to what if anything to say to the officer, and she chose to say what she did to hurt and have upmost impact. On a human being that was after all just doing their job. And who in actual fact was doing what was right and lawful as Caroline even admitted her offence!There is absolutely no excuse for what she said and so so hypercritical imo!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
It was the mums chance to ask questions and make statements to those involved - of course she was going to be emotional. I cant even imagine the pain of losing a child. If she was screaming and roaring constantly, alright calm down, but it was her daughters inquest. She deserves a bit of slack.

Raising it from a caution to a charge was a bit weird, when the inspector said it was due to no admission of guilt.. but CF had repeatedly admitted it.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
She found text and threw his phone at him. He made a calculation, knowing how vulnerable she was and told her, 'you're fucked', rang the police and sent humiliating photos of the scene of her self harming to whoever. No doubt she was hard work, but did she have ANYONE who had her best interests at heart in her life other than family?
Despite it all, she still wanted to be with him. She would accept any old tit, she thought so little of herself. Didn't think she was good enough for anything, not even life.
And even in death, all the gory details are printed for no good reason at all. She'd have been so embarrassed.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
It was the mums chance to ask questions and make statements to those involved - of course she was going to be emotional. I cant even imagine the pain of losing a child. If she was screaming and roaring constantly, alright calm down, but it was her daughters inquest. She deserves a bit of slack.

Raising it from a caution to a charge was a bit weird, when the inspector said it was due to no admission of guilt.. but CF had repeatedly admitted it.
I believe she said she hit him at the scene, so it would have just been a significant statement. She didn't admit it during her interview, that she just flicked him.

Reactions: 2
I believe she said she hit it at the scene, so it would have just been a significant statement. She didn't admit it during her interview, that she just flicked him.
Yeah I read that, but it just seemed the accounts were abit all over the place. Id have figured an admission is valid, at the scene or the station, just confused me as a procedure to charge based on that

If someone is set on ending their life there is nothing anyone can do to stop them. You can’t physically be with someone 24/7 no matter how hard you try and when this person is pushing you away, it’s an impossible situation. If it wasn’t that time, it would have been another. It’s utterly heartbreaking but Caroline and Caroline only caused her death. There are things which may have strongly contributed, but in the end she made the decision to end her life.

I sympathise with her family and friends and understand their grief is causing them to try and find someone to blame. They saw Caroline as a young girl not a troubled 40 year old woman. I don’t think they truly Feel the paramedics failed I just think they are angry and still in early stage of grief

Reactions: 27
Regarding Caroline’s family and specifically her mother - she was a 40 year old woman. Who is to know how much they knew of her struggles with mental health, alcohol, violence?

I know during periods where my mental health isn’t great, when I do things I am ashamed of, I don’t share that with my family. I’d say I have a close family, but often the desire to not have someone’s perception of you change is a massive issue for people struggling with MH.

Her family might have known she could be “a bit fiery”, “loved a wine” “was a bit intense sometimes” etc. They quite easily didn’t know that she was as volatile, fragile and quite frankly dangerous to herself and others she was. The shock of finding out what they thought they knew about their daughter, sister would make the grief worse because they’ll be asking themselves what would be different if they had known, why did she not tell them etc. Caroline’s mother did not behave well placing the blame at people who were doing their job however I think I can understand why. I feel terribly sorry for them as a family.

Reactions: 32
another thing I thought was odd was that the mother was upset that the DI didn't go down and see Caroline when she was in the cells. The DI was not interviewing CF, she had no reason to go down there. If she had gone to see her, it would have been for her own curiosity which surely Caroline's mother would not have wanted either?!

Yeah I read that, but it just seemed the accounts were abit all over the place. Id have figured an admission is valid, at the scene or the station, just confused me as a procedure to charge based on that
No, has to be once arrested, cautioned, given the opportunity to seek legal advice etc. She would have been drunk at the scene when she said it and you have to wait for people to sober up before interviewing.

Reactions: 10
It’s all such a massive shame. I don’t think the police were wrong at all for pursuing a conviction but can see why her mum is lashing out at them. Suicide is such a senseless waste of a life - it’s so hard for the people left behind to ever make any sort of peace with it. It seems very much inevitable that Caroline was going to die that way - I can only imagine how much guilt her friends and family feel (not that they should!).

Reactions: 15
another thing I thought was odd was that the mother was upset that the DI didn't go down and see Caroline when she was in the cells. The DI was not interviewing CF, she had no reason to go down there. If she had gone to see her, it would have been for her own curiosity which surely Caroline's mother would not have wanted either?!

No, has to be once arrested, cautioned, given the opportunity to seek legal advice etc. She would have been drunk at the scene when she said it and you have to wait for people to sober up before interviewing.
Of course, makes sense!

Yeah it did seem like there was a personal connection to the DI, CFs mum had her as her target.

Reactions: 3
She found text and threw his phone at him. He made a calculation, knowing how vulnerable she was and told her, 'you're fucked', rang the police and sent humiliating photos of the scene of her self harming to whoever. No doubt she was hard work, but did she have ANYONE who had her best interests at heart in her life other than family?
Despite it all, she still wanted to be with him. She would accept any old tit, she thought so little of herself. Didn't think she was good enough for anything, not even life.
And even in death, all the gory details are printed for no good reason at all. She'd have been so embarrassed.
She didn't "find a text" though did she? She was going through his phone, while he was asleep. This isn't reasonable behaviour, his phone is private.

She hit him over the head with something, hard enough to leave him with a bleeding wound. Hit him over the head while he was sleeping.

He reported a crime. The quoted text in bold makes me feel sick. He phoned the police and reported that he'd been beaten, whilst sleeping.

She might have been vulnerable but that's not his responsibility and doesn't mean she's above the law. She attacked him, and he reported her. Stop blaming the victim for actions taken by the perpetrator.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Also didn't the policewoman start laughing at the hearing and this was what angered Caroline's mum? This probably led to her lashing out even more.

If someone is set on ending their life there is nothing anyone can do to stop them. You can’t physically be with someone 24/7 no matter how hard you try and when this person is pushing you away, it’s an impossible situation. If it wasn’t that time, it would have been another. It’s utterly heartbreaking but Caroline and Caroline only caused her death. There are things which may have strongly contributed, but in the end she made the decision to end her life.

I sympathise with her family and friends and understand their grief is causing them to try and find someone to blame. They saw Caroline as a young girl not a troubled 40 year old woman. I don’t think they truly Feel the paramedics failed I just think they are angry and still in early stage of grief
Agree with this. Even if they'd stayed with her 24/7 she would have found a way eventually. Something like a trip to the shops together could have led to her jumping in front of a train on the underground as a last resort.

Reactions: 7
The blood was Caroline’s that he shared to someone else, it was a very personal situation Caroline got herself into where she self harmed and he shared that
The blood was not just hers, and she hadn't only self-harmed, there was his blood too, where she had harmed him also. Therefore he had the right to make a record of this assault. He was not to know that it would end up being published.

Reactions: 6
didn't the policewoman start laughing at the hearing and this was what angered Caroline's mum? This probably led to her lashing out even more.
Erm no, not that I've seen reported. Do you have a source?

Reactions: 9
She didn't "find a text" though did she? She was going through his phone, while he was asleep. This isn't reasonable behaviour, his phone is private.

She hit him over the head with something, hard enough to leave him with a bleeding wound. Hit him over the head while he was sleeping.

He reported a crime. The quoted text in bold makes me feel sick. He phoned the police and reported that he'd been beaten, whilst sleeping.

She might have been vulnerable but that's not his responsibility and doesn't mean she's above the law. She attacked him, and he reported her. Stop blaming the victim for actions taken by the perpetrator.
Well yes it's not good to go through someone's phone, but she did find evidence of cheating.
No to the rest. It came out in the inquest and I just summarised it.

He wasn't sleeping, either. She woke him, confronted him and threw the phone. He said 'you're fucked' and the rest is history.
He publicly denied that she attacked him, too.

Smirking not laughing. Not read the article but I saw it earlier
the sun are such c*ntbuckets I wouldn’t trust them if they told me the moon is round. She probably ‘smirked’ because she was just nervous and someone’s shouting at her

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Well yes it's not good to go through someone's phone, but she did find evidence of cheating.
No to the rest. It came out in the inquest and I just summarised it.

He wasn't sleeping, either. She woke him, confronted him and threw the phone. He said 'you're fucked' and the rest is history.
He publicly denied that she attacked him, too.
Are you sure? I seem to remember that it is recorded that she hit him (she says “tapped”) whilst he was asleep. And with enough force to draw blood.

Reactions: 4
Are you sure? I seem to remember that it is recorded that she hit him (she says “tapped”) whilst he was asleep. And with enough force to draw blood.
It's what came out in the inquest. I'm just paraphrasing/repeating it.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.