Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone remember the photos of Caroline with her friends, shopping around Christmas? I’ve tried to attach a photo but not sure if it will work. She was so good at putting a brave, joyful face on! Although behind the smile you can tell she isn’t herself here. I wonder what those photos were all about really? They look like set up shots but the smiling and laughing was the antithesis of how she was really feeling and significantly, how she wanted the CPS to view her state of mind at that time (in that she wanted the case to be dropped due to her mental health). I remember some people were a bit scathing about the photos at the time because they suggested she wasn’t that bothered and didn’t have any remorse.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 1
So you think drunk driving a car that could kill or maim many people is better behaviour than throwing a phone at someone? He was covered in Caroline’s blood, not his own.

I am not condoning Caroline’s behaviour but proportionately Ant MacPartlin behaved in a much more dangerous fashion and could have caused multiple injuries or deaths.
Oh god no,of course not. Drink driving is abhorrent,the thought of it makes me ill. Just trying to picture if Ant would have been treated the same by the press as Caroline was,if it was an identical scenario.

Reactions: 1
Oh god no,of course not. Drink driving is abhorrent,the thought of it makes me ill. Just trying to picture if Ant would have been treated the same by the press as Caroline was,if it was an identical scenario.
Sorry, I read it wrong. 🙂

It could be a fake account made by one of Caroline's fans... she has no pics up and she's not followed by any of Caroline's friends/family. No proof it's her mum's real account :confused:
That’s what I thought, strange they’ve published that with no proof

Reactions: 2
They must have solid evidence its her or they wouldn't print it. The probably did ask her and she confirmed it imo

Reactions: 7
I remember when the story first broke about the assault her sister was commenting on Caroline’s Instagram posts telling people they didn’t know the full story but not sure if it was a real account? I don’t think this will be her mother’s account either plus it’s not a private account.

I do wonder why her mother blames Lewis plus the Police...Caroline had tried to kill herself before when she was with Andrew. Plus the note she left was about wanting to be reunited with Lewis? She’s wanting to blame others rather than blame the fact her daughter had issues. Even her twin said she couldn’t cope with heartbreak well.

Her mother is putting her on a pedestal.

Reactions: 11
Wow, I know that grief is terrible but a relationship didn't end her life, Caroline did.
It is irrelevant why he sent that photo, and who he sent it to. It's a really crappy thing to do to blame someone for a suicide.

Of course he has moved on, and why shouldn't he? Caroline Flack lived her life in the sidebar of shame, and so is he. I don't see the difference, it's the way these people make their living.

Reactions: 19
It's very sad for her mother, it's hard, no one knows the full story but Caroline did seem to have her demons long before he came along. I don't think it's fair to blame him in anyway for her death. It was obviously just a toxic relationship, which happens, sometimes neither person is wrong, it's just not the right match. Her mother is grieving and blaming a lot of people, the police for prosecuting, the relationship (aka the boyfriend), the media. Caroline chose to live her life in the spotlight, she chose the partners she dated and as for the police and prosecuting, they're damned if they do, damned if they don't. I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot she would have wanted them to press charges. I feel for her though, I'm sure we would all go through similar emotions if it was one of our loved ones, I guess it doesn't help that with the media she can see this new relationship and it must open up the wounds again.

Reactions: 13
Her mum (if it’s her) needs to come off social media and stop talking to the press, it’s not healthy when she’s not in a great state of mind due to grief.

Caroline had her demons and I think she would of ended her life that way anyways at some point in time and that isn’t anyone’s fault and it’s unfair to anyone that people are trying to point blame at other people.

Reactions: 13
I remember when the story first broke about the assault her sister was commenting on Caroline’s Instagram posts telling people they didn’t know the full story but not sure if it was a real account? I don’t think this will be her mother’s account either plus it’s not a private account.

I do wonder why her mother blames Lewis plus the Police...Caroline had tried to kill herself before when she was with Andrew. Plus the note she left was about wanting to be reunited with Lewis? She’s wanting to blame others rather than blame the fact her daughter had issues. Even her twin said she couldn’t cope with heartbreak well.

Her mother is putting her on a pedestal.
Her sister saying people didn’t know the full truth seems like she could have been protecting her? Or that the full truth was she had mental health problems? I’m not sure what demons she had, I’ve read she self harmed and was depressed, plus very emotional since her sister said she didn’t cope well with heartbreak, but not sure what diagnosis that could possibly come under it.
I get that the mum might want to blame Lewis because coming to terms that your child died of non natural causes is very distressing. But my understanding is Lewis called the police because Caroline hit him or attacked him in some way. He had every right to call for assistance if he needed it. It’s not fair to blame him for that.

Reactions: 7
Her sister saying people didn’t know the full truth seems like she could have been protecting her? Or that the full truth was she had mental health problems? I’m not sure what demons she had, I’ve read she self harmed and was depressed, plus very emotional since her sister said she didn’t cope well with heartbreak, but not sure what diagnosis that could possibly come under it.
I get that the mum might want to blame Lewis because coming to terms that your child died of non natural causes is very distressing. But my understanding is Lewis called the police because Caroline hit him or attacked him in some way. He had every right to call for assistance if he needed it. It’s not fair to blame him for that.
Depression is a mental health diagnosis

I know? Sorry I’m not sure what you’re getting at? I meant that her being very emotional due to her break ups could have been another diagnosis but not sure what it would full under:
Oh sorry i see what you meant. I read it as one sentence as in “she self harmed, was depressed.... but I’m not sure what diagnosis that comes under”

Oh sorry i see what you meant. I read it as one sentence as in “she self harmed, was depressed.... but I’m not sure what diagnosis that comes under”
No worries! :)
Sorry sometimes I type as I think and it isn’t that clear, apologies for that

Reactions: 3
They must have solid evidence its her or they wouldn't print it. The probably did ask her and she confirmed it imo
Since when did the media need solid evidence to print stories 😂 they print bullshit all the time

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Since when did the media need solid evidence to print stories 😂 they print bullshit all the time
but if this was proven to be incorrect they would be blasted!
falsely accusing a grieving mother of posting messages like this?
They really must have confirmed it was her before running with this or they would on very dangerous grounds,

this is a bleeping mess, social media have been blamed for her death, yet her mum uses social media to publicly accuse him of “killing” her?

so if he then goes on to kill himself? 🤷‍♀️
Or his new girlfriend is effected?

I know they say hurt people hurt people, I feel for her, but it begs the question have Caroline’s family learned nothing from this if they’re now using social media to hit out at others involved.

fact is Caroline was unwell, no one thing killed her, no one relationship or comment or paparazzi photo or argument or drug or drink, she died because she was unwell and she couldn’t cope with life.
her mum needs to let her daughter rest in peace and get help to cope, Instagram isn’t it.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
One thing I struggle with in this case is the general message that it sends about suicide. I worked with a lot of people in mental health crisis as a nurse, although I would by no means consider myself an expert.

When Thirteen Reasons Why came out a few years ago, and Hannah was pictured using her suicide in part to get 'revenge' on those around her, there was UPROAR. Everyone seemed to be talking about the terrible message this was sending to young people, that suicide was in any way a solution to your problems and that you could use it to take control of the narrative about yourself. There was a girl at my school who killed herself aged about 15, and after an initial sadness the whole case just faded from most people's minds. I remember thinking that the fact everyone was still so focussed on Hannah so long after she had died was completely unrealistic.

That seems to be exactly what has happened with Caroline. By ending her life when she did, she has become a tragic figure and garnered all of the sympathy. Before she died, she was a pariah: a domestic abuser, her career over. Now she is seen as the victim of a predatory court case (whether or not that is true I don't know) and remembered far more for the positive things that she did in the spotlight. Episodes of shows are being dedicated to her, and numerous celebrities have voiced their sympathy. I cannot imagine that if she had lived and been tried for domestic assault that she would have ever come back to the point of being seen so positively in the media.

I worry about the message this sends to vulnerable individuals, that suicide is a 'solution' to your problems and can avoid bringing shame on your family and loved ones. No one seems to be talking about this when it comes to Caroline.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.