Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just chipping in. Most of what I would have wanted to say has already been posted over the past few days, but here's an extra little thought for you.

That "bekind" hashtag is so tit. Can we please remember the tv shows that Caroline Flack herself was associated with? I don't know enough about Love Island to comment, although I am aware two former contestants killed themselves, but what about X Factor? Is that not largely a show where the deluded, vulnerable and outright mentally ill are paraded before the public to mock and laugh at? Caroline Flack hosted both the sister show Xtra Factor and the main X Factor show. Did she consider the feelings of the contestants that were left humiliated upon their appearances on the show, or did she laugh into the camera at them? Did anyone create a hashtag with calls to be kind, even after one contestant killed herself last year? Or was that contestant's questionable audition showed again and again in full, even after she was dead? It's so hypocritical, it makes me sick. It's like you ONLY matter as a person if you're famous and then anything you did wrong gets glossed over when you die and you get elevated to angel status.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
A family friend has BPD. If she comes off her meds, she is completely manic and has been suicidal. Years ago, we got a phone call from her sister as our friend (with BPD) had attacked her out of nowhere. We had to go and pick her sister up as she was absolutely terrified. It was awful. Not sure if Caroline had BPD obv but just reading about the attack triggered this memory.

Getting her down??
She hung herself

How terribly sad. It was interesting that it says the police were “flagged down” and taken in to the flat and that she was already on her back, that would suggest those that found her took her down. I used to work in the police and was always under the impression if someone was found and there was no uncertainty about whether they’re alive or dead then they had to be left as it’s treated as a crime scene. This was certainly the case when my brother found someone in the woods (he was only 15 at the time)
Well I doubt they would want to leave her hanging there and prob got her down to check if she was alive and do cpr.

Reactions: 7
Door frames, loft hatches, bannisters and staircases. The first thing 999 control would tell you would be to cut them down, theres a very small window in some instances where you can start cpr and get them back. Its a grim way to go and its awful to witness.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
This just popped up on my explore page on Instagram. Now, i had to look few a fair few of tylas pics before I even fully remembered who she was and I'm a Love Island fan.

I don't get at all how she can make these statements. Actually speculating if Caroline Flack may have had the same dreams as her. HARDLY!!! Caroline was never a fake hungry contestant on Love Island 🙄 she was a TOP tv presenter.

It honestly has baffled me.
This post of Tyla’s is ridiculous. Nobody made her go on love island. Surely anyone with half a brain cell would consider the impact on their life/career/people’s perception of them BEFORE they go on a hugely popular national tv show.

Reactions: 2
I am still trying to catch up so please shout if I’ve missed anything here or if someone has already raised this on previous pages.
Does anyone else think something odd/sinister may be at play here? I found Amanda Holden’s comments weird...‘I am certain there is more to her story... the truth will out’... ‘May those responsible for this lack of humanity be brave enough to admit their shame...’

Also found the references to her finally speaking out a little strange. I’m not saying she didn’t take her own life. It’s all really tragic. But I suppose what I’m getting at, is, did something happen to her in the industry that she was going to speak out about / reveal? Was she going to out someone for something they did to her?

And in her unreleased statement she said ‘The problem with brushing things under the carpet is .... they are still there and one day someone is going to lift that carpet up and all you are going to feel is shame and embarrassment.’ And that she’d been having an emotional breakdown for a long time...
Might be way off but can’t help but speculate whether this whole thing might be bigger than this one incident...
I’m still catching up too but from what I have read, it seems like her whole life she had been enabled by those surrounding her and did not have to take responsibility for any of her actions. The fact that for the first time she was ‘caught’ and had to take responsibility at the age of 40 i just don’t believe that she had the emotional maturity/capacity to deal with it like a normal 40 year old would.

Reactions: 5
View attachment 85973
We will never know how CF was struggling and with what. She was abusing drugs and drink which was clearly exasperating whatever was going on inside her. Seems like she had no idea the effects of recreational drugs and possibly didn't think she had a problem and therefore didn't reach for rehab.

Only she and LB knows the truth of that night and I wouldn't take his word for it alone. So his injury is on the very top of his head 🤔 interesting to know how it happened like that
How do we know she was abusing drugs ?

Reactions: 4
The police found her and found her laying on her back, she wasn't hanging in the air. Probs did it off of the back of a door or something similar.
I’m taking it when her dad found her he cut her loose..... apparently her mate went out with no keys and couldn’t get back in so called her dad who had a spare set..... imagine finding your daughter like that 😖

also they will have taken samples for a toxicology report which will tell us if she’d taken any drugs or alcohol but that takes around 4-6 weeks to come back. When Mike from love islands came back he was more then 3 times over the limit for alcohol and had a large amount of coccaine in his system

Reactions: 1

I'm uncomfortable with the line some are pushing on here about Caroline being a domestic abuser. I would agree that the 'it was an accident' line of defence should always be refuted IF there is evidence of this being more than a one off incident. As far as I'm aware there has been nothing from her boyfriend/police/cps to imply this.

While I agree that saying you are going to kill yourself can be an emotionally abusive tactic, it can only be described as such if the person has no intent on doing it. In Caroline's case it was a clear symptom of her mental health issues.

Therefore the list of 'abusive' things she is alleged to have done happened on one occasion after she allegedly found out about her boyfriends cheating. This isn't minimising it, it's just stating a fact that from what we know of the facts she MAY be guilty of a one off assault, but there is no indication of a pattern of abuse or that she was an abuser or abusive person in general.

Also someone implied the Instagram post that Caroline wasn't allowed to send out was somehow indicative of being an abuser, I beg to disagree. She clearly stated that she takes responsibility for her actions and she refuses to blame anyone else. Classic abusive behaviour would be the opposite where the abuser denies responsibility and tries to put blame on the victim or anyone but themselves.

I'm not saying the CPS are to blame for pursuing the case and it's a positive thing that they are finally trying to take DV more seriously, but they seem to have their priorities all wrong. The reason why the government quite rightly brought in new laws against DV was because of the thousands of women and children around the country living in fear of violent male partners, having to flee their homes and take refuge in over flowing women's shelters around the country. Two women in the UK are murdered every week by their partners because the police or justice system has failed them.
These are the cases that need prosecuting, but it seems like the CPS wanted to make an example of a high profile female celebrity instead.

I note that Nicky Butt, ex Man Utd player and now Academy manager, was arrested last April for domestic violence against his wife. He was due to appear in court this week but his wife refused to testify against him but, unlike with Caroline's case, the CPS dropped the case instead of proceeding. He merely got cautioned and fined for criminal damage to her phone.

Also noteable how the media coverage for his case was virtually non existent (I didn't even know he was arrested and charged last year).
The press may have a duty to report famous people's court cases but the way the disgusting tabloid press and high profile 'journalists' (like Dan Wooten , Piss Morgan even Eamonn Holmes) vilify, harass, stalk, bully, make up lies and bullshit stories about famous people (nearly always women) is unacceptable and deeply disturbing. Their responses expressing remorse about Caroline's tragic death show them to be total hypocrites. The fact two of these bullying misogynists are employed by ITV just shows that they are a morally bankrupt organisation too.

The tabloid press and high profile social media trolls spewing hatred every day may not be to blame for Caroline's death, it's not as simple as that, but they are one of the many contributing factors and they are a stain on our society.
I also don't believe she was an abuser. I do believe that she probably quite often went mental and flipped out causing her to scream, shout and throw things around. Many years ago when I was abusing substances and hating myself and the world around me I would do the same. Usually in a situation that didn't really call for it but when your mind and body is being battered these are the consequences. It is generally targeted at the partner because he is there at the moment and not directly related, they come and go unlike family. However I never self harmed and never felt suicidal despite a rough upbringing and poor self image. Had my behaviour been publicised I would have been even more ashamed and can't guarantee how that would have affected me. As it was at the time I do whatever I wanted then throw all the friends away and start fresh. No record on social media just memories which was bad enough, especially when bumping into an old face from said life. I did abuse people st the time but only in the moment and I would apologise but I would then walk away. I never continued to abuse them. I never understood what was going on with me and I didn't ever speak about it. I didn't know what to say and I carried on with my life as if all was ok. When I stopped the drugs it all just went away. I have since always battled depression and anxiety and poor self image but I manage it ok mostly. I'm 34 now and very happy but I do have demons from my "previous life" shame, guilt, regret. I see people from that life, usually at my kids school 😭🤦🏻‍♀️ but I don't bat an eyelid face to face. No one yet has even so much as said hiya you alright etc.

We dont know what happened when they got home that night. High on drugs and alcohol (possibly, we don't know for sure yet) at some point she has been through his phone and found texts, we are led to believe at this point he was asleep, so what happens next, she attacks him in bed, he gets up and they fight and argue. She says horrible things and no doubt he was giving as good as he got. She cuts herself and threatens suicide. Things are completely out of hand and he calls the police. The police arrive, CF is manic, theres blood everywhere.

CPS 100% have done the right thing in pursuing the case due to the scene they witnessed. Who knows what CF's side of the story was but in that moment whatever happened was horrific. Be that due to drugs or simply her mental state. At her own admittance she behaved badly. Yes social media and the media played their part in hounding a fragile person and that is awful but it won't ever change. People are opinionated and the internet makes it all too easy for them to jump on the band wagon. However, when you're in the public eye and act in a certain way you will be scrutinised. They need to toughen up, block the haters or shut down their profiles or whatever and not read the papers etc, maybe it's not that easy I dont know. CF could have owned up to her problems and sought help but I gwt the impression she was embarrassed and ashamed about how she was feeling even long before the incident and her misuse of drugs and alcohol exasperated everything. On the outside she is said to have been bubbly, vivacious and full of life, which certainly seemed to be the case in general. But on the inside she was already tormented and then this all got out of hand and she felt she needed to end it. We will never truly know why

I barely knew she existed really before her death but it has touched me. I don't know why. I've never felt suicidal so its not that I relate to her story at all. Its just really struck a cord with me. Shes not the first celebrity to have taken her own life and never before have I felt much more than sympathy when reading other stories. It seems she had a good upbringing and was close to her family, even having a twin! That bond must be so strong.

Rambling on when it's none of my business and doesn't effect my life 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ just feels very strange.

I've never understood suicide and always felt it a very selfish act for all the loved ones. My friends cousin hung himself and his sister found him. She was tormented by it for a long time and now has found her coping mechanism where she has put him on a pedestal. As has everyone else in the family. I don't know how would react but i imagine i would be mostly angry and disappointed once my grief had passed. All in all it's incredibly sad and i have no idea why I'm rambling on and on 🤦🏻‍♀️ sorry if you've had managed to get this far and endure my ramblings. I have a 4 month old baby, I dont see many adults 😂 just read tattle and occasionally comment 🤭

How do we know she was abusing drugs ?
Dont know for certain. I worded that wrongly. Should have said allegedly.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
Reading Caroline say the blood was hers and it was a personal issue is so upsetting. I don’t believe she was a “domestic abuser”, I think it was a horrible situation that got out of control in the heat of the moment. Maybe her boyfriend called the police thinking it might be a wake up call for her to get help.

Whoever sold that picture deserves a miserable life.

Reactions: 13
Odd that Burton is now claiming "it was just a scratch".

In the stories from the time such as this one linked below, he was telling police that she was trying to kill him and repeatedly asking them to come and protect him. His 999 call was played in court at the original hearing, presumably that and photos shown to the court added up to a little more than just a scratch. Now maybe he did overreact in that 999 phone call, who knows, but it would be nice if he'd acknowledge his part in this and why that might have contributed to the CPS decision rather than just criticising them now.

I disagree with posts saying she wasn’t an abuser. Hitting someone over the head while they’re at their most vulnerable and defenceless is abusive. Threatening suicide to your partner abusive. (we also know she did this in a previous relationship, and was apparently abusive to him too) Threatening suicide to the police unless they drop the charges is abusive. Yelling, screaming and calling someone extreme names is abusive. Slitting your wrists when you’re not getting your way is abusive.

she was a very troubled woman but let’s call a spade a spade here. Her behaviour has all the hallmarks of someone who is abusive and manipulative.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
This just popped up on my explore page on Instagram. Now, i had to look few a fair few of tylas pics before I even fully remembered who she was and I'm a Love Island fan.

I don't get at all how she can make these statements. Actually speculating if Caroline Flack may have had the same dreams as her. HARDLY!!! Caroline was never a fake hungry contestant on Love Island 🙄 she was a TOP tv presenter.

The girl that wrote this Tyla Carr was a woman who used target married men and then bribe them into giving her money before she went on love island.

• Wow
Reactions: 3

She didn’t mean to turn her post into something about herself...... yet she continued to do so anyway 🤦🏻‍♀️

I disagree with posts saying she wasn’t an abuser. Hitting someone over the head while they’re at their most vulnerable and defenceless is abusive. Threatening suicide to your partner abusive. (we also know she did this in a previous relationship, and was apparently abusive to him too) Threatening suicide to the police unless they drop the charges is abusive. Yelling, screaming and calling someone extreme names is abusive. Slitting your wrists when you’re not getting your way is abusive.

she was a very troubled woman but let’s call a spade a spade here. Her behaviour has all the hallmarks of someone who is abusive and manipulative.
But we don't know if she actually did hit him with a lamp while asleep, that's what we read

Reactions: 5

Wow!! You're lovely aren't you? Where did you get all this information from then? The press no doubt? none of us know what went on and to just speculate and read what was obviously twisted in the media is wrong. Caroline was clearly struggling with depression and anxiety and feeling she had nowhere to turn, read the statement what she wanted to put out but was advised not to. Just because the cps were gong ahead with a trial does not mean she was guilty of anything, innocent until proven guilty!! She was pushed to suicide, as she saw it as her only way out of the deep black hole of anguish and despair that she was suffering in. Have a heart please!

Reactions: 16
[

I don’t think it’s disrespectful or wrong to discuss the circumstances surrounding her arrest. I think the media have lost the run of themselves as have people online, claiming she was a saint when no she was not. She wasn’t a demon but she wasn’t an angel either. She was human. We are allowed to discuss those facts without being made feel like it’s disrespectful. Yes she’s no longer here and that is sad but she did something awful and we are entitled to discuss that.

Wow!! You're lovely aren't you? Where did you get all this information from then? The press no doubt? none of us know what went on and to just speculate and read what was obviously twisted in the media is wrong. Caroline was clearly struggling with depression and anxiety and feeling she had nowhere to turn, read the statement what she wanted to put out but was advised not to. Just because the cps were gong ahead with a trial does not mean she was guilty of anything, innocent until proven guilty!! She was pushed to suicide, as she saw it as her only way out of the deep black hole of anguish and despair that she was suffering in. Have a heart please!
i got this information from the transcript of the court hearing that took place in December.
And yes I am lovely thank you.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.