Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The reason is because @NessieNoo92 thought I liked young boys, so I explained that they were wrong and I married someone 11 years older. Hope you understand where the 11 years came from now.

You also said it was illegal and I said it wasn’t. If you and other people don’t like that - petition.the.government. Moaning about it here isn’t going to change anything, is it?
I said it was immoral at best and illegal at worst. Meaning in other western countries it would be illegal. The age of consent is another matter really anyway. A relationship between a couple of 17 year olds? Fine. A relationship between a 17 year old and a 32 year old? Not fine. Do you get it?
We're in the UK, so why is the rest of the world relevant? There's countries where it's even lower. So your comment is completely redundant.

No, I also didn't say it was ok for someone in their 30's to have a relationship, however he was 17, which is LEGAL and also vastly different to someone in their 30's being in a relationship with someone say, 15.

17 year olds are not 'children' these days, stop twisting comments to suit your agenda.
On the contrary, 17 year olds are very much still children these days, probably more so than they've ever been. A 17 year old has to legally still be in education nowadays. So a 17 year old is effectively still a "school child".

It's not about twisting anything, it's pure fact - this was a woman in her 30's having a relationship with a teenager. Nobody is calling out the various other relationships this woman had whilst in her 30's and 40's with men in their 20's. But a 32 year old with a 17 year old (and not a very worldly one at that) is gross.

Dismissing it as "not illegal" isn't helpful either. Look at the problems with pedophilia in Japan. For a long time, until very very recently in fact, pedophilia was not illegal. Does that mean it's ok? The law there now has the age of consent at 15 I believe. Is that ok? That's a dangerous attitude to have.

People need to be allowed to speak up on issues that concern them, without being shot down with "No, that's ok cos it's not illegal" or "No you mustn't say that, cos poor Caroline Flack is dead and we must only speak of her as if she were an angel from now on". I refuse to do that over someone of such questionable character and abusive behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Another way to put 17 in perspective .... they couldn’t even (legally) go out for a drink, the most common first date in London!

I’m 30, so slightly younger than she was then and I cannot imagine hooking up with a guy that age. Even if I thought we had a good connection and was mature for his age, I’d have to accept it wasn’t appropriate then. Age levels out as people get older - if he had been 20 and she 35 if would have raised a few eyebrows but it wouldn’t have been so morally dubious, people do a lot of growing up in those years. In the case of Harry specifically, he was a kid from a village in Cheshire, just moved to London and finished with X factor getting his first taste of fame and attention like a deer in the headlights. 3 years later he was a global superstar, and a man. I don’t know how anyone can’t see that.

Reactions: 3
I said it was immoral at best and illegal at worst. Meaning in other western countries it would be illegal. The age of consent is another matter really anyway. A relationship between a couple of 17 year olds? Fine. A relationship between a 17 year old and a 32 year old? Not fine. Do you get it?
On the contrary, 17 year olds are very much still children these days, probably more so than they've ever been. A 17 year old has to legally still be in education nowadays. So a 17 year old is effectively still a "school child".

It's not about twisting anything, it's pure fact - this was a woman in her 30's having a relationship with a teenager. Nobody is calling out the various other relationships this woman had whilst in her 30's and 40's with men in their 20's. But a 32 year old with a 17 year old (and not a very worldly one at that) is gross.

Dismissing it as "not illegal" isn't helpful either. Look at the problems with pedophilia in Japan. For a long time, until very very recently in fact, pedophilia was not illegal. Does that mean it's ok? The law there now has the age of consent at 15 I believe. Is that ok? That's a dangerous attitude to have.

People need to be allowed to speak up on issues that concern them, without being shot down with "No, that's ok cos it's not illegal" or "No you mustn't say that, cos poor Caroline Flack is dead and we must only speak of her as if she were an angel from now on". I refuse to do that over someone of such questionable character and abusive behaviour.
IT.wasnt. Illegal.

we aren’t in OTHER WESTERN COUNTRIES.
Just let it go.. yes it was morally wrong but constantly trying to say it’s illegal is just FACTUALLY wrong.

also, a few countries the age of consent is LOWER.
“Children as young as 14 are considered able to consent to sex in Germany, Austria, Hungary, Italy and Portugal.” - now that is WRONG, 14 is certainly a child as still in school

if you are going to spout facts at least check them

As mentioned before yes I think it’s weird, but I also don’t believe they were in a relationship and before anyone tries to accuse me of being into younger men as someone did to another poster all of my boyfriends have been older than me, my current one by several years.

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Unless it wasn't a real relationship and it was done to drum up publicity for 4DS and the XFactor and give the press a story to stop they revealing Harry is gay.

Reactions: 4
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51733522

"Caroline Flack: 'No causal link' between police action and Love Island host's death
the watchdog decided there was "no indication of a causal link - directly or indirectly - between the actions or omissions of the police and Caroline Flack's tragic death".

It added in a statement, that officers had arranged for her to see a health professional while she was in custody, and that "relevant policy and procedure was followed to give her further guidance."

Meanwhile, the CPS said its review "found that the case was handled appropriately and in line with [our] published legal guidance".

So CPS and Police watchdog found there was no case to answer, there's a lawyer ( probably for the family) saying it's a ridiculous decision.
The CPS were following government guidelines that say you must prosecute under strong evidence ( ie, video footage) so I'm not surprised.
So now, all that's left is an inquest in August.

Reactions: 2
Simmer down love. 11 years when age appropriate is nothing but you’re missing the point. YES he was of legal age but the point being why would a woman of 31 be interested in a 17 year old ffs - that’s like a schoolteacher having it off with one of their students. Are you saying that’s right as well?
No, that’s also illegal.

I understand it bothers you immensely. I don’t understand why you care so much what I think or why you aren’t doing something more productive with your anger about age/gaps and ages than moaning and bitching on the internet.

• Sick
Reactions: 2
I find it really weird @Coinkeedinkee that you're going on about 17 being a child, when you had a child yourself at a younger age. By the way you're posting I can only assume your view is that the age of consent should be raised, and therefore that you were not fit to make the decision to have sex when you conceived your child?

Anyway, beside the point I do agree that it is frankly bizarre and I do think somewhat inappropriate that a 31/32 year old woman would want to be in a relationship with a teenager. But in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter, at all, at this stage.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Why though? Both are of the age of consent so you have a problem with that but not with the original point?
Because one is illegal and one isn’t. What’s hard to understand about that? I have a problem with people doing things that are illegal.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.