Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can’t see much coming from this

+++

CPS launch investigation into Caroline Flack domestic abuse charges: Prosecutors will examine 'show trial' claims following Love Island host's suicide

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...aims-following-Love-Island-hosts-suicide.html
I noticed that the comments are more balanced now, even in that Daily Fail article where they are STILL being moderated. Just after she died, there were many papers only allowing sympathetic comments. If there's no moderation on articles, comments are saying the CPS did the right thing and that if she was a man the CPS would not be criticised like this.

Reactions: 4
I noticed that the comments are more balanced now, even in that Daily Fail article where they are STILL being moderated. Just after she died, there were many papers only allowing sympathetic comments. If there's no moderation on articles, comments are saying the CPS did the right thing and that if she was a man the CPS would not be criticised like this.
For about a week after Caroline died I submitted countless comments - none of which were nasty or suchlike - but just trying to point out the seriousness of the charges against her, and NONE of my comments were printed. It was screeds of people saying how wonderful she was and how she was the victim in all this. But that seems to be changing now, there are more balanced comments being printed.

Reactions: 8
It's very sad and I think going to be a huge future issue but I work with traumatised children and a huge issue with a large majority of them is an absolute refusal to take responsibility for what they've done. One boy was juggling with his baby brother's milk bottle...was told to stop it but refused...of course it ended up landing on the carpeted stairs and milk all over the carpet. Even though he'd been told not to do it and even though he continued to do it and what happened wouldn't have happened had he not been playing with the bottle, he refused to accept he was at fault. That's one tiny example of a nothing incident but add to that children who just won't cooperate with education and can't be reasoned with...what's going to happen when they are adults in the real world?

At the heart of this, Caroline most likely had some kind of trauma in her childhood which affected her mental health and on top of this she just couldn't accept repsonsibility for her actions. It certainly wasn't worth killing herself over but I think it's invevitable that when things reach a certain point that people can't wriggle out of with excuses or whatever then an extreme action like this will be the result.

Reactions: 7
Agree on Harry when he was 17, he looked like a child. Sure he’s a handsome fella now but he was completely baby faced and looked like a child when she was with him.

Wasn’t it this week her trail was meant to start?

Reactions: 6
They delivered a petition to parliament for Carolines law, this stupidity needs to stop. She was someone that the CPS had enough evidence to charge her with a serious crime. It's nothing to do with press intrusion . Caroline was all very happy for the press when it was good, you can't blame the press for reporting negatively after she was arrested for domestic violence and the police caused a right scene when she was arrested. If she was a bloke there would be uproar if anyone was being asked to be kind to him.

The sad legacy of Caroline Flack is bringing back gender equality a few decades and making men less likely to report domestic violence. Nothing good has come out of this thanks to idiots using her death for their own gain.

Reactions: 18
The results of the CPS investigation are likely going to reveal that there was sufficient grounds to prosecute and there might even be a few unsavoury facts about her behaviour that night thrown in to support this. It’s not going to do anything to soothe the “she should have been treated differently because she was a woman”, brigade.

The CPS know what they’re doing.

Reactions: 11
Caroline's Law? Bloody hell. It's absolutely tragic how this has ended, and I feel gutted for her family and friends. It must be awful. But you can't whitewash what happened. She really shouldn't be the face of #bekind and any potential new law. Her name wasn't cleared, she died.
I really hope her family are spared any of the embarrassing footage becoming public, and that the inquest is not too intrusive. Trouble is, when you're blaming the CPS, you're raking it all back up.

Reactions: 14
Their age gap was 14 years. Sorry, that’s not a ‘mother-son age gap’!
Umm..no it wasn't. It was 15 years. And he was 17. 17 ffs. That's still a kid. She was in her 30's. Not her 20's, her 30's. She was old enough to be his mother, no matter how you try to dress it up.

Maybe you think it's ok for people in their 30's to date teenagers. But I don't and nor do many others. It's immoral at best and illegal at worst.

Last edited:
  • Heart
For about a week after Caroline died I submitted countless comments - none of which were nasty or suchlike - but just trying to point out the seriousness of the charges against her, and NONE of my comments were printed. It was screeds of people saying how wonderful she was and how she was the victim in all this. But that seems to be changing now, there are more balanced comments being printed.
Me too. I wasn't saying anything libel - ish, just pointing out what was said in court about recorded evidence and how a non-celebrity male would not be treated this way. I might be going a bit mad here :unsure: but I noticed a story in The Sun yesterday about a woman whose boyfriend beat her up after he had been keeping tabs on her phone and getting paranoid about her cheating and he was jailed. Loads of comments were saying if you were a female celebrity like Caroline Flack you would be let off....it seems to have gone now and The Sun are one of the papers allowing absolutely no comments at all on Flack stories.

As others have said here, a few uncomfortable truths will likely emerge in the inquest and CPS and police complaints investigation I'll bet. You don't get restrained by police for nothing, you don't wreck a room and break stuff by accident.

• Heart
Umm..no it wasn't. It was 15 years. And he was 17. 17 ffs. That's still a kid. She was in her 30's. Not her 20's, her 30's. She was old enough to be his mother, no matter how you try to dress it up.

Maybe you think it's ok for people in their 30's to date teenagers. But I don't and nor do many others. It's immoral at best and illegal at worst.
The age of consent is 16, so no, it's not 'illegal at worst'. So in theory, yes it's fine for people in their 30's to date someone who is 17.

Would you apply the same logic if they were 18? As technically they'd still be a teenager, you just seem to live in the dark ages.

Lastly, 15 year old's may be able to have kids, but it's not a typical mother son age gap, that comment is a real stretch.

• Sick
Reactions: 5

1. 14 or 15, doesn’t matter. The age of consent is 16 so saying anything less than that is a ‘mother-son’ age gap is a stretch.

2. He was 17, yes. He was old enough to have sex with whoever he wanted so there’s nothing illegal about it. Immoral maybe, but not illegal. If you have a problem with people in their 30s having relationships with 16 or 17 year olds, perhaps you should try to get the age of consent raised.

(I didn’t say I think it’s OK btw)

• Sick
Reactions: 2
I think her family shouldn’t allow her to become the face of it all. The people saying the press killed her without any thought of what diagnosis she had is also taking mental health awareness back and minimising whatever issues she clearly had for s long time. She and her team had been minimising her responsibility and her illness for so long by feeding the press stories. The reality may not be glowing but the reality will teach young people a lot more than hiding whatever really went on. She was charged with a crime as a result of her poor mental health. Maybe if she hadn’t been pushed forward like a product by her team maybe she wouldn’t have reached breaking point. I feel this aftermath has been reported terribly having had relatives with bipolar disorder (not saying she had this but she had something that was hidden) and blaming someone else and just flying be kind about is terrible for domestic abuse causes and mental health causes. People could have been ‘being mean’ to my relatives but they were so so ill they wouldn’t have even been aware, mental health emergencies don’t look like a slightly sad person. I wish I could show them all a psych ward.

I find it strange that she was defended for dating Harry Styles. If that was a man in his 30s dating a 17 year old, eyebrows would have seriously been raised. Yes he would have been of legal age but, any woman attracted to someone who is still classed as a child needs to have a serious word with themselves

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The results of the CPS investigation are likely going to reveal that there was sufficient grounds to prosecute and there might even be a few unsavoury facts about her behaviour that night thrown in to support this. It’s not going to do anything to soothe the “she should have been treated differently because she was a woman”, brigade.

Can’t agree there. The CPS is one of the most massively incompetent organisations I’ve ever come across. Wouldn’t trust them to do a damn thing.

Reactions: 1
I find it strange that she was defended for dating Harry Styles. If that was a man in his 30s dating a 17 year old, eyebrows would have seriously been raised. Yes he would have been of legal age but, any woman attracted to someone who is still classed as a child needs to have a serious word with themselves
Do people change that much between being 17 years and 364 days old and the next day when they’re 18? One day they’re ‘a child’ and the next they’re an adult so what was ‘sick’ yesterday is fine now?

• Sick
Can’t agree there. The CPS is one of the most massively incompetent organisations I’ve ever come across. Wouldn’t trust them to do a damn thing.
they may be bad in some cases but this is one where there were 999 calls that recorded her abuse and his fear of being killed, accused didn't stop the violence and was restrained, police body cam footage, an admission of guilt and a scene with broken stuff everywhere. It's not like they tried to charge her based on flimsy evidence.

• Heart
Do people change that much between being 17 years and 364 days old and the next day when they’re 18? One day they’re ‘a child’ and the next they’re an adult so what was ‘sick’ yesterday is fine now?
No, they don't, however why would someone considerably older want to date someone of that age who is inexperienced and immature. I mean if you're into that kind of thing then you do you, whatever floats your boat and all of that but, we also need to remember that Prince Andrew is also in the spotlight at the moment for relations with someone who was of the age of consent - yes, this doesn't seem to be consensual but its the age difference that also has raised eyebrows. But, like I said, if you're into that kind of thing then it must be slim pickings of men in your neck of the woods

• Heart
1. 14 or 15, doesn’t matter. The age of consent is 16 so saying anything less than that is a ‘mother-son’ age gap is a stretch.

2. He was 17, yes. He was old enough to have sex with whoever he wanted so there’s nothing illegal about it. Immoral maybe, but not illegal. If you have a problem with people in their 30s having relationships with 16 or 17 year olds, perhaps you should try to get the age of consent raised.

(I didn’t say I think it’s OK btw)
To both of these comments, the age of consent and the fact that he was 17 or 18 is not the issue. The fact that a woman in her 30s is attracted to, and having a relationship with a teenager is horrible. There is a MASSIVE difference in maturity and life experience between a teenage boy and an adult woman of that age. It seems alien to me to be able to consider it, and I really don't think there's any way to justify that one. You've said yourself you don't think it's right.

And the 'mother-son’ age gap was something you introduced to the conversation. Originally I said that she was old enough to be his mother, pointing out the huge disparity in age and experiences.

Even if it's true that she was a beard for him, it's so uncomfortable. There would have been far more appropriate people to do that for him, had he wanted it. If she was a friend trying to help, there are thousands of ways to do it without making herself his woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

We will never know... The CPS said they would not release to the public their conclusion after the investigation.

The age of consent is 16, so no, it's not 'illegal at worst'. So in theory, yes it's fine for people in their 30's to date someone who is 17.

Would you apply the same logic if they were 18? As technically they'd still be a teenager, you just seem to live in the dark ages.

Lastly, 15 year old's may be able to have kids, but it's not a typical mother son age gap, that comment is a real stretch.
In many countries it IS illegal, the uk just happens to have a lower age of consent than others.

Dark ages? Because I don't think it's ok for someone in their 30's to have a relationship with a teenager? Sounds like it is YOU that lives in the dark ages, if you think that's ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.