Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
She wrote: "I have always taken responsibility for what happened that night. Even on the night. But the truth is .... It was an accident.

"I've been having some sort of emotional breakdown for a very long time.

"But I am NOT a domestic abuser. We had an argument and an accident happened. An accident."

None of this sounds like someone "taking responsibility" to be honest. It sounds more like excuses and explaining away a serious incident. It is exactly the kind of platitudes one would expect from an abuser. Unless he tripped over her foot and bumped his head during the argument, or something along those lines?!

I think the advisors were right to tell her not to publish this.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Persephonehasreturned

Suicidal ideation is common in people who suffer with depression and mood disorders. Far more so than people realise.

It is all well and good saying “treat mental health like you would a broken leg” but the reality is wildly different. Mental health issues come with unpleasant and damaging long term side effects for all, a broken leg doesn’t.

Saying treat MH issues like you would a physical issue like a broken leg is about as helpful and insightful as saying “I don’t see colour”, which was popular in the 90’s. Saying you don’t see colour is to ignore lived experiences and cultures. It is ignorant, well meaning but ignorant.

We are much better at listening to each other than we were but the reality is - a huge majority of people in prison have MH issues. Society can fall over itself saying “be kind” about a middle class celebrity who suffered and died because of MH issues but the average person? There is no such understanding and sympathy.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
Thankyou! :)

I truly needed to vent, probably because someone in my family ( male ) is in a relationship with someone now and is affected by abuse.
He has just gone back to his wife for about the 5th time and although we can see the physical and mental effects of stress ( losing weight, low immune system, acting like a zombie) and get the stories about how manipulative she has been ( draining bank accounts, seeing other men but demanding absolute loyalty whilst he looks after the kids, telling him she wants a divorce but he still has to live there etc). There is nothing we can do, especially as he makes excuses for her at this point. She is manipulative, she lets the kids do bad things so he has to discipline them and then tells him she will call social services so they will be taken away. She showers them with gifts and then ignores them.....etc. She has also got him sacked from 3 jobs now by constantly phoning him, forcing him to take time off and even once, steal from work.
She has been violent to one of her teenage children in a public place but she was let off by police when they arrived and her son didn't want to press charges. So god knows what she is like in the home. She has admitted to having various mood disorders, and says she has PTSD. She doesn't get help for the mental health issues...or takes anti-depressants for a couple of months and then stops because she feels better.
Apparently PTSD is a common excuse for domestic abuse, as are drugs and alcohol, when in fact they are just something else the person uses to try and self regulate or even use as an excuse for acting badly ( for years!). In my opinion, some people would rather claim they have PTSD because it shows them as the victim ( not saying some don't have it) but it doesn't excuse you acting violently. It's all very complex, the abusers obviously are damaged in some way but they can cause equal if not more damage to spouses and kids by ignoring their actions.

I can think of a few celebs ( Katie Price, Roxanne Pallet, Flack) who have claimed PTSD was the root of their problems, gone to 'rehab' for 5 minutes and then promised things were different.

Could the questions she wanted answers to be about the CPS going ahead with charges or not letting them see each other? She might have been saying all that to family for months .
I really really hope your brother can get himself out.

And this is another that thing that worries me. The affect it will have on domestic violence against men. Its already a hard subject for men to deal with, given that they are already the "stronger" sex and therefore should be able to stand up to it. But to now have people saying that we she did shouldn't have got that far, that it was an accident and generally glossing over it and turning her into a Saint, really isn't going to help.

The attack seems to have been forgotten as from what I've seen on social media, they are pointing the finger of blame at Love Island, of which it's nothing to do with, at the CPS for prosecuting and the media for hounding her.

You cannot help but ask if the roles had been reversed, would the public still want the cps to drop the case against him?

It's desperatly sad that she ended her own life. But by her own admission, she had mental health problems, she had jealous rages and has self harmed. None of this should be an excuse for her not to have been prosecuted for common assault, unless it was proven she was unstable to stand trial and therefore there would be no benefit.

And to be honest, the constant reference to Samaritans is annoying. Samaritans are a listening service and with my dealings, a pretty usess one at that. My friend committed suicide 9 years ago, he phoned the Samaritans and the man who he was speaking to said, "come on, you are a man. Get yourself down the pub, have a drink and carry on with your life"

I've had another friend whose husband was threatening her constantly and was being dealt with by the Police by way of injunction but would still attempt to kick her front door in and chase her through the streets etc. She phoned Samaritans and the person she spoke to said "maybe if you let him in to talk rather than being rude and ignoring him, you could resolve this"

And I've had to phone them. I hit my own rock bottom and wanted a way out. They asked me how I was feeling and they replied, "are you often prone to dramatics, this why you are alone now as its often tiring for other people to deal with"

So for those reasons I'd never recommend Samaritans.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 29

Basicbasic

VIP Member
Just hope the tide finally turns on that vile piece of pig shit Dan Wootton. He's absolutely disgusting and to think he posted on social media about his anger and heartbreak. Sounds like he made her life hell and sat on evidence which showed a different story.

I volunteer with young people who are feeling suicidal and my worry about his story is there is a very sinister, almost deliberate, glamourisation of death by suicide. All the adoration and press afterwards, the outpouring of love etc etc. I think it's time the press moved on from this story, we all need to learn lessons but I think the press should leave the family to grieve in peace. She was obviously very very troubled.

Frostedwindows

Im doing 'OK' now but I really wasn't before. This has been quite a trigger for me but I've kept on keeping on. Thank you so much for your concern 😘
I know, its not something you just get over its almost a life long management of an illness. We are all here if you ever need someone to talk to. Despite people thinking we are all evil trolls, we are actually a very caring and supportive group. My inbox always open.❤

Stephanie Davis releasing a song and singling about "will you take the easy way out? Or fight through this doubt?" In aid of Caroline and donating to a charity that "PREVENT SUICIDE!!!" tops of how ridiculous this is getting.

View attachment 86619
Buy her single, it'll make a change 😬
She really makes me sick. She is using this to promote herself and her non existent music career. She has taken it upon herself without asking or checking with CF family, and decided to be their spokesperson. She really needs to take a hard look at herself and motives and how this will impact Carrie's family and friends.

• Heart

SpeakEasy

Some of us work really hard not to let the mask slip. Even when I’ve had huge wobbles it’s never been picked up at work.
Agree with this completely. I feel like my life is falling apart, cry myself to sleep most nights and yet at work I am completely in control, run a large team and smash it. It’s literally the only control I feel like I have sometimes and so it’s so important to me

• Sad
Reactions: 28

EmilyChambers

VIP Member
These are the kind of posts I think miss the total point (tweeted by Chris O'Dowd). Home, fashion amd wellness (usually fitness) magazine are toxic but in a different way to entertainment magazines. All the celebs slating these magazine still use them when they have something to sell 🤷‍♀️

Showing people with amazing houses, expensive clothes and great bodies aren't helpful towards mental health at all. They all seem to exist to make people feel inferior to go out and buy shit.

View attachment 85996
My local newsagents has a sign up in there today saying they will no longer be stocking celebrity magazines and will be reviewing their newspaper choices. They already refuse to sell the Sun (I think the Dad is Liverpudlian)

• Sad
  • Wow

Amelia01

It's all really very sad that Caroline chose to take her own life, nobody in the world should feel that low or unhappy to get to a point where they lock themselves in a flat and convince friends they're okay to then harm themselves and pass away.

However, in reponse to some of the comments made all over the internet. Say if there was a law passed that Caroline and Lewis' 'incident' doesn't get put in the public unless she's found guilty, who's to say she wouldn't have committed the tragic circumstances anyway? Perhaps there was evidence that was going to come out and she may have even been embarrassed or ashamed. Maybe even if she didn't even do any wrong, she may have been embarrassed about the public knowing about her self harm, she clearly had mental health issues and struggled with self harming, plus was banned from talking to her love.

So if she had done something she didn't want to be known, imagine if the general public didn't know that there was the trial and 'incident' going on, she may still have killed herself knowing what would come out about her guilty or not, plus people talk and celebs friends aren't exactly to be trusted. I guarantee someone around her would have leaked the info out there to others, anyway. I think the public and the whole thing would have more muddy waters and confusion around it if the original 'incident' wasn't shared.

Even the general public get their name exposed for quite horrendous things when they go on trial and when they later get found not guilty. They may get their named cleared but if you're in the news 'suspected of rape/murder', that won't necessarily stop people staring at you in the street or nudging each other and pointing at you, even when acquitted.

These celebs know that being in the public eye it won't be easy, they will be stalked by paparazzi, have fake friends and people who don't even know them try to make fake stories to sell money, be wound up to expect retaliation like Caroline allegedly having her tyres slashed, people being with you for the wrong reasons, lies made about you in the press, online hate, the list could go on. If you choose to put yourself in the public eye then you should understand that scrutiny goes with your job. I'm not saying death threats are okay towards Caroline or personal evil things, but people have a right to opinion of her as we all do on here about celebs... They push themselves out there and when things are going well they love all the attention and want the whole world to know, look at me! When it all goes wrong it's, the press and British media are cutthroat to us, sign this petition, stop allowing them to print so much hate blah blah.

Also my final point, Caroline must have known she had something not quite right inside of her by now, especially going through a partner's phone and alledging to want to kill herself and slashing herself. You can tell she had her own unfortunate demons going on and most probably with drinks and drugs, her up and down relationships and self esteem. You would think long ago she would have gotten help from a friend or family member or even therapy with all that money. It isn't the first time a partner of hers has alleged she has done something to them violently. That said, it's still very sad she chose to do this instead of seek help and I wish her nothing but to rest in peace. To lock yourself in your flat after convincing friends you're okay and allegedly hang yourself or whatever method is truly awful.

• Sad
Keith lemon promoting #bekind 😳 isnt Bo selecta where his career started? Which was basically him mocking various celebrities based on their imperfections and misdemeanors

The world is fu**ed. I want out
Yep and Caroline Flack herself was involved with Bo Selecta and appeared in it regularly. Let's not forget this was a show that regularly mocked the appearance of Natalie Cassidy (Sonia in Eastenders) who at the time was a teenager and had never done the things Caroline Flack has been accused of. Where was the outrage and calls to be kind then?

• Sad
  • Wow

Bedshrimp

She was clearly very unwell mentally, there were reports that’s her ex Andrew had called an ambulance in the past because he was concerned for her welfare. This was going back a year ago. She would get into manic states and threaten suicide.

The night her boyfriend called the police she was screaming that he was an asshole and that he had ruined her life. This can be heard in the background in the 999 call that he made. This was a fact that the media reported from the court hearing. He probably woke up to the lamp being thrown at him, and his phone and completely freaked out at the blood all over the bed. She had lacerations on the left wrist which the media said was due to glass being thrown but insiders on here have revealed she slashed her wrist. Of course he called the ambulance, he must have been terrified at the state she was in. I’m sorry, but that’s not an accident. Having violent outbursts is not an accident. Screaming, throwing tables over in a violent rage and shouting that your going to kill yourself.

When the police showed up they were both covered in blood. He had blood down his face and she had blood all over her from the lacerations. He was probably trying to stop her from bleeding also.

had it happened before? Did she threaten suicide on a regular basis as a means to control him. I’m not sure what constitutes domestic violence. Perhaps she didn’t mean to hurt him and that’s what she means. She clearly needed help or at least a mental health diagnoses.

she had serious mental heath problems, whether on not she got offered support for this remains to be seen. She should have been reviewed by a psychologist. Maybe she refused any help or treatment?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

OALCCC

Keith lemon promoting #bekind 😳 isnt Bo selecta where his career started? Which was basically him mocking various celebrities based on their imperfections and misdemeanors

The world is fu**ed. I want out

Lechat

VIP Member
There are some really great posts on this thread, thank you for sharing.
I am a bit fed up of people minimising the violence. Yes she was not guilty of anything yet, as her trial had not been held. But she had been charged which suggests a reasonable allegation, and the evidence reported from the magistrates hearing painted a picture of intentional violence towards her boyfriend. However, in the trial we may have seen the facts on which the prosecution was based were not robust - we will now never know.

but I really hate people glossing over it as just an accident or “bet he was giving it as good as her” etc. Yes couples row but violence towards any person is never ok unless in self defence which the law recognises. There was no suggestion of this in CFs case from what we know. Nor that she was unfit to stand trial due to mental illness. Clearly she was troubled but mental illness isn’t a free card to do what you want. Actions have consequences. I can’t just say I’m stressed and anxious about my workload at work and stabbed my boss so that’s ok.
I agree about the Samaritans as well. It’s an important charity but not equipped to handle mental health illnesses that require medication and / or counselling. I think the influencers and celebs posting the number everywhere is so disingenuous. Clearly these people have never had mental health problems otherwise they wouldn’t be suggesting a quick chat to the Samaritans as a fix all.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Lucmg01

Andrew Brady needs to stop now and be quiet ! Grieve her death privately ! Not take it upon himself to now get on his high horse and pass the blame when he isn’t innocent in all this ! He mocked and embarrassed her himself publicly when her arrest first came to light !

Mrsturnerreturns

VIP Member
When you hang yourself you are in a very final, very definitive state of mind which gives you the courage to carry out such a brutal act. It’s extremely far removed from a cry for help.

• Sad

Marcos SP

If a guy went on about accidentally assaulting his girlfriend people wouldn't accept it as gospel and say he's a victim.

Danny C needs to shut the fuck up, she's dead and private messages should stay private. The private message says she's worried about the court case, hardly in the public interest or anything new.

He's making the story about him because he recently texted her.

I have no time for someone that announces they will be leaving Instagram for a month. I don't care. Stick to chasing the egg sweet cheeks.

• Heart

Dirty Joan

She said that the lamp incident was an accident - so give her the benefit of the doubt please. He phoned the police saying he had woken up and she’d tried to kill him. If it was an accident who’s to blame for for her demise........

But they have a police recording of him saying that he said she was trying to kill him - he must be trying to point the finger at others....
i don’t see how whacking someone over the head as they sleep and then continuing to verbally assault them is an accident but each to their own.

• Heart

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Keep private lives private... what Andrew like you did when you accused her of abusing you on your PUBLIC INSTAGRAM. And when you posted the confidential NdA on your PUBLIC INSTAGRAM... seriously fuck off. You breached her privacy yourself
He keeps saying in his blog post 'I call upon' wanting sackings left, right and centre. However, he does admit his own guilt in her suicide and so he bloody should. He's also set up a Justgiving page 'The Caroline Flack memorial fund' for donations to a charity close to her heart for trans kids. Did he ask her families permission first? No of course he didn't.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 26