Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sneakyb

If LB did post the photo (I don’t know if he did or not), I wonder if he did so purposely to compromise the trial? Seeing as he wanted the charges dropped, maybe he was trying to have anything declared a mistrial
I always wondered that too, as he was so vocal on Instagram at the start?
He posted it at the start of Jan, his posting of it was the first I saw of it - however CF implies it was sold so perhaps they knew it was coming out?

Be More Pacific

VIP Member
Can someone link to the picture of this “scratch”. I’m also somewhat unsettled at the the obvious minimising of what was clearly a very distressing incident that night. Lewis rang operators pleading for help, that she hit him with a lamp as he slept and that she was going to kill him and apparently Caroline can be heard being verbally abusive in the background. She flipped a table, cut her wrists and had to be physically restrained. She called Lewis and asshole and vile and was said to be “manipulative” towards him. Once cautioned she flipped out again and threatened to kill herself.

This was all told to the court at her hearing in December. Why are people trying to minimise and downplay something that was clearly very viscous and dangerous? It doesn’t sound like an accident to me.

With this considered itv would have been mad not to replace her for this series. It’s just a pity that she didn’t see this through and defend herself in court. We also only saw one picture and one pool of blood on the bed. We don’t know what the rest of the house looked like. And despite Caroline insisting it was her blood, we actually don’t know that for certain, a trial would have determined that as it all would have been tested.

It’s very sad and tragic that she felt this was her only way out but I don’t understand why people are now absolving her from clearly breaking the law and being violent, the consequences of which she clearly couldn’t cope with.

A violent outburst like hers shouldn’t be excused, minimised or simplified because she is no longer here. It sounds like an extremely nasty situation that had every right to end up in front of a judge.

Caroline was clearly an unwell girl with a lot of mental health struggles. I’m sad for her friends and her family but can we please stop with the “it was only a scratch” and “it was just a domestic”, because we are bringing everything anyone who has ever cared about domestic violence and campaigns back years.

Her death can’t be simplified or summed up by a hashtag. Nor can future suicides be prevented by simply being kind. To say that is to simplify the complexity of mental health struggles and make a complex decision seem extremely one dimensional.
C1233C2F-AE14-4C54-9A49-BE8216C31171.jpeg

Brightstar72

VIP Member
I think suggesting police officers have had a financial incentive to release notes to the press is quite a slur.

the magistrates hearing was public and reporters will have published what they heard in the courtroom. There are regulations around this to ensure a fair trial. As far as I can see they have quoted the officers statements.

our justice system is not perfect, but it held publicly. You could have gone that day and sat in the public gallery if you wanted so you could see and hear for yourself what the charge was. Our justice system doesn’t happen behind closed doors thank god. Can you imagine what corruption would happen if it did?
As I’ve already said further up on this thread, I didn’t know reports could be made public before a verdict and I thanked a poster for their explanation ^

As for any perceived slur, it’s happened before, some services have certainly been known to have more leaks than a sieve and a cosy relationship with the press, so not beyond the realms of possibility

Last edited: