Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yet after all of this young people will still aspire to being famous. She has a sister with children who is out of all of the limelight, I know which life I’d choose.

Reactions: 11
I don’t know, I wasn’t there.

There are a lot of ‘why’ questions about the whole thing that none of us know the answers to. That’s my point.
I thought table/benches etc would be fastened to to floor in police stations/interview rooms for safety reasons

I agree that mental illness especially in children is being used too much but it is definitely a real thing when you get older. So much is expected of us. Get a good job, marry, buy a house, have kids etc one of those things doesn’t happen it can shock you to the core. I can’t have kids and I struggle everyday. Also it might be just me but why do I feel the pressure to stay young and have no wrinkles or fat now I am on my 40’s. I need to stay off social media it paints too much of this perfect picture that doesn’t exist.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It’s not possible to turn over a table or chair in the police station they’re all fixed to the floor! (Never beef arrested... work in crime!)
I thought table/benches etc would be fastened to to floor in police stations/interview rooms for safety reasons
The way it read to me in the press it sounded like she flipped a table at home when arrested and then they restrained her on the ground when arresting her. In the flat where the dv took place... could be wrong but that’s what I figured. Again assumption it just read that way to me.

Reactions: 5
I'm not sure where the thinking that it was at the police station.
The prosecutor is quoted as saying it in court (although she does only appear to say ‘in custody’ and people think that means a custody suite which is fair assumption tbh). She also said this:
“But Katie Weiss, prosecuting, replied: 'Mr Burton is a victim, he received significant injury to his head.'”
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nd-Lewis-Burton-arrives-court-appearance.html

Whereas the police statement contradicts her:
“A police spokesperson confirmed the news, sharing a statement with Metro.co.uk: ‘Caroline Flack of Islington was charged on Friday, 13 December with assault by beating.

‘She will appear on bail at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Monday, 23 December. This follows an incident at approximately 05:25hrs on Thursday, 12 December after reports of a man assaulted. He was not seriously injured.’”

So who knows what actually happened with the table or how serious the head injury was? This is why we’ll never get the true story by reading the papers.

Reactions: 3
The way it read to me in the press it sounded like she flipped a table at home when arrested and then they restrained her on the ground when arresting her. In the flat where the dv took place... could be wrong but that’s what I figured. Again assumption it just read that way to me.
That Makes more sense thank you , I’m reading plenty of stuff saying she flipped the table in the police station will we ever know.. I doubt it, sad situation all round

Yeah those are details even the police couldn’t know for sure. Even the boyfriend ,if he was asleep! The order of events that night which the whole trial was going to be about. I think you’ve over stretched your credibility.
Excuse me???

Good god, every bleeping z-list sleb and their dog is jumping on the ‘I knew Caroline and we were really close friends’ bandwagon. Kristina from Strictly now, shooting her mouth off about how Caroline struggled when she was doing the SCD tour. You were friends, eh? And this is how you show your love and loyalty to your friend? Absolutely disgusting how they’re all crawling out from under their rocks to get their 5 minutes of exposure. Seriously stomach churning stuff.

I meant the one being released on the 30th April: Caroline...The Short, Sweet And Tragic Life of Caroline Flack.
Really?! Who’s writing this? Other than a total bleep.

Reactions: 16
Look at what Chris O’Dowd (married to her good friend Dawn Porter) tweeted about why she had to move 😱
Do I even want to 😕 sounds bad.
ETA: I’ve seen it now. That’s awful. The British press are relentless.

I’m not sure about some of this, I’m not discrediting what you or your friend say but I don’t think it’s a case of “not meeting threshold”. A paramedic doesn’t have power to make that decision as they’d need some kind of AMHP/Nurse/Doctor. It sounds likely that they asked her to attend hospital for assessment and treatment and she refused, as she had capacity she is within her right to do so. If it was felt she was a danger to herself then the police should have been called and they could have detained her under a Section 136. She obviously said and did all the right things to convince them otherwise and having a friend with her would have only helped her argument to stay at home, whether the friend wanted it or not.
Police can’t 136 in a private dwelling sadly.

How do you know she hanged herself?
I can’t stop thinking about how her friend and family must feel. If she tried to commit suicide the night before (was that the reason the emergency services were called out?) i don’t think I would feel she was ok to be left at all. I am in no way blaming her poor friend, i just think she must have been bloody convincing.

is the most likely situation that she did self harm in Dec after finding something on his phone?
just all so tragic!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I don't doubt that at one point they slashed her tyres to get a reaction, but there's already harassment laws in place that it should come under.

This Caroline's law is so deeply flawed.

I wish they made a semi intelligent argument about strengthening harassment laws than hair brained ideas.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The prosecutor is quoted as saying it in court (although she does only appear to say ‘in custody’ and people think that means a custody suite which is fair assumption tbh). She also said this:
“But Katie Weiss, prosecuting, replied: 'Mr Burton is a victim, he received significant injury to his head.'”
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nd-Lewis-Burton-arrives-court-appearance.html

Whereas the police statement contradicts her:
“A police spokesperson confirmed the news, sharing a statement with Metro.co.uk: ‘Caroline Flack of Islington was charged on Friday, 13 December with assault by beating.

‘She will appear on bail at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court on Monday, 23 December. This follows an incident at approximately 05:25hrs on Thursday, 12 December after reports of a man assaulted. He was not seriously injured.’”

So who knows what actually happened with the table or how serious the head injury was? This is why we’ll never get the true story by reading the papers.
The problem is with all this, this is reporter in court trying to write down details as fast as they can. It is so easy for details to get muddled and I think that's why there is multiple different sites reporting different things.

The only thing I will say is the day in court his head looked fine. I'm not saying she didn't hit because I'm sure she did. I just don't think it was the way the procescutor describes it. It also goes well with the rumour the police said to drop it and the CPS said no.

• Haha
The problem is with all this, this is reporter in court trying to write down details as fast as they can. It is so easy for details to get muddled and I think that's why there is multiple different sites reporting different things.

The only thing I will say is the day in court his head looked fine. I'm not saying she didn't hit because I'm sure she did. I just don't think it was the way the procescutor describes it. It also goes well with the rumour the police said to drop it and the CPS said no.
You can bleed a lot from a minor head injury.

Reactions: 6
What it’s
I don't doubt that at one point they slashed her tyres to get a reaction, but there's already harassment laws in place that it should come under.

This Caroline's law is so deeply flawed.

I wish they made a semi intelligent argument about strengthening harassment laws than hair brained ideas.
What is probably needed is Leveson part 2 - the finishing act of the inquiry into press behaviour, which should have / would include this sort of thing. But the politicians didn’t call it.

Reactions: 5
I started doing the same yoga and meditation. Meditation is hard for me. I actually start to panic and think bad thoughts. So weird. My doctors says I am healthy (blood tests etc) How do you know you have an auto immune condition. My whole body feels inflamed and my legs ache and hurt all the time. Plus started getting pelvic pain. I think mentally yoga was helping but my body has never hurt so much and I use to run 10km a day with no problems. Do you have any body pain doing yoga?
Blood tests and MRI scans and appointments with a Rheumatologist. A long, complicated process with years and years of medical history to work through. Quite literally a minefield. Yes lots of pain but some days I would not be able to physically get down the stairs without 5 mins of yoga first. If you believe you have inflammation issues then first step is to completely change your diet and see if your physical and mental health issues improve. Mindfulness can be triggering if in the wrong headspace so just focus on breathing exercises until you feel able to try again. Good luck. Probably shouldn’t message about this again as we are totally digressing from the thread 🙈 x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.