Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
the whole situation is so so sad, but I can’t stop thinking about her poor dog in the flat with her no longer being alive. The poor thing must have been so frightened

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
But equally he’s still willing to speak highly of her. There was bound to be more to the story.
I have read up on this, it doesn’t make sense in that he didn’t want to press charges or for this to go to trial.
it takes up to 7 times for a women to leave an abusive relationship , it probably takes longer for a man

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’ve recently found out my brother is being physically assaulted by his wife. Today it happened whilst he was holding their 1 year old son. He’s 6 foot and hefty. She’s 5.5 and slim. When she was pregnant she had him by the throat and was awful to him and he’s never ever retaliated because it’s not in him. He’s a gentle giant.

it’s been alleged that Caroline Flack was this type of person. Physically abusiveof the men she was in relationships with. Regardless of drink or drugs she had a dark side that was hidden from her public persona. My SIL (now to be ex) is so sickly sweet to people and when she thinks no one is watching or listening is vile to my brother / her husband. I was taken in by her. Didn’t believe she’d be like that and yet I’ve now heard it and seen it with my own eyes.

if this was the other way round my brother would have been arrested and slaughtered for it. wouldn’t be any sympathy for him.

so why is it now there’s sympathy for her because she’s taken her own life? It’s absolutely tragic and I really feel for her family and close friends. I feel for her partner who will no doubt now feel guilty for the rest of his life.
I don’t think she could have coped with the court case. Clearly something we don’t know has happened and evidence will have been due to come out and the thought of this has got to her. So much so she couldn’t live with it. It wreaks of a guilty attitude. Im sorry if that offends someone but it does to me. Makes me think what couldn’t she face and why.

I hope her parents will find some comfort in that now she is no longer tormented
I have a neighbour who I call the police on, at least once a month as she is always screaming and hurting her partner. The police do nothing, if it was the other way around they would.
Sending love to your family

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Very sad that she thought this was the only option. A journalist friend tells me she had in the last few days been told by her lawyers that she should expect a custodial sentence.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I dont comment on forums normally, however the death of this talented, beautiful and troubled lady is tragic on so many levels. Vilified and unprotected for a mistake, where the likes of Ant and Philip Schofield have been excused and protected for what could be viewed as much worse.

RIP Caroline, deeply shocked and saddened to hear this heart breaking news. Thoughts to her family.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Definitely!!
And let's be honest, if she was a man and was charged with this, she'd lose her a job!
Shouldn't be any different because she's a woman.
If you look up the word 'bleep' in the dictionary I hear there is a photo of Dan Wootton next to it.
I have read a few comments slating Dan Wooton. Come on ! You cannot blame him. He didn't make this happen. He probably is sorry to hear this sad news. He has a job to do like many others but to blame him is ridiculous. Just look at some of the posts on Tattlelife, we would all be guilty of saying something about someone with some people going way overboard with their comments!

Reactions: 10
Read something which has touched a nerve.
Ant from Ant and Dec - caught drunk driving, nearly crashing into a family car, given private therapy & rehab etc. Has welcomed back to TV. Didn’t lose his job.

Caroline - caught up in a domestic violence scandal, banned from Speaking to him, he is trying to contact her through online platforms, struggling emotionally and physically, no support for her & loses her job.

Something doesn’t sit well with me here.
How do we know she didn’t get any support from ITV??

Reactions: 4
No one had a good word to say about her when the attack allegedly happened in December. Which if was true , she was maybe becoming unhinged mentally then !
Very happy smiley presenter on t.v but she was clearly very troubled & now she’s dead everyone will jump on the bandwagon saying how sad it is . Which it is , no one should lose their life like this , it’s awful . But just saying how quick the tables & press turn when a tragedy happens .

• Heart
Reactions: 7
One of my Uncles was frequently attacked by his ex wife. This was in the 1970's and the general
I have read a few comments slating Dan Wooton. Come on ! You cannot blame him. He didn't make this happen. He probably is sorry to hear this sad news. He has a job to do like many others but to blame him is ridiculous. Just look at some of the posts on Tattlelife, we would all be guilty of saying something about someone with some people going way overboard with their comments!
Agreed

But he's still a bleep.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Saddened by this. I really liked her. No one should ever feel that low to contemplate ending things it's just awful.

Reactions: 11
I wondered similar but maybe thought because the trial was in a few weeks, what would come out in that and maybe that's what was worrying her?
I think its this and the possibility of facing prison has been such a worry for her. She posted before about anxiety and worrying and how she was able to pick herself back up but maybe this was too much. The rubbish about the media and trolls causing her to do this is bullshit. The media rips apart many celebrities, they don’t all go down this route.

Reactions: 7
Very sad that she thought this was the only option. A journalist friend tells me she had in the last few days been told by her lawyers that she should expect a custodial sentence.
She won't have got a custodial sentence for that. If it was, it would have been a suspended sentence. She would be looking at a fine/community service at most. There are guidelines for these offences. My mate is a CPS prosecutor.

Reactions: 3
Whatever she did, it's tragic that she felt that there was no other way out of her pain. I didn't like her on Strictly but no one should be in this state. There was something that was driving her internally. My mental health is appalling and I have scars all over my arms but there's always been something hopeful in me that made me endure and never consider suicide. Yes, she lived her life in the public eye but all those headlines around her would only have reflected her despair. How much support she got from her employer and her friends is another matter. All these people now who are saying how much they loved her - did they bother to even message or phone her to support her in getting help with her addictions and problems? You can't necessarily turn to family; you don't want to shock / hurt / disappoint them so you put on a brave face. But then alone in the dark hours of the night it can feel so lonely and hopeless. And, yes, Mental Health support in this country is useless. Money can get you help but actual people supporting you is crucial.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
That makes sense *if* it's not in doubt that she deliberately used the lamp. (Lewis seems to have given two conflicting accounts) Imagine if it had hit his head harder or at a different angle, she could have been looking at murder or manslaughter charges.

Ant acted recklessly, endangering life, but didn't deliberately target an individual.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.