Carly Burd Salty Allotment #4 Stop trying to make parsnips happen Carlz

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's an update on the YH piece.

1710782705617.png

That reply about the £250k is terrible. Translation: Won't say what happened to it and Carly will do the bare minimum reporting on how it is spent.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
But what happened to the money before the CIC was set up? How much was actually put into the CIC?
And perhaps someone should ask the lawyers whether any of that money has been used to pay their fees - that might focus their minds a bit.

Reactions: 11
even if they had used Facebook Messenger, they'd have to wait two months for it to make it's way to the top
Just comment on any post on her page and Carlz will check in the Other tab.
---
That's big of Carly, to decide that people can just donate their time and expertise. I hope their landlords, mortgage holders and utility providers are just as generous.
Nobody is getting paid because she has already spent all the money.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
even if they had used Facebook Messenger, they'd have to wait two months for it to make it's way to the top
I wonder where they fit in the system where she prioritises the messages she doesn't read by how urgent they might be.
---
Nobody is getting paid because she has already spent all the money.
The only things Carly refuses to spend the money on is things that would be reasonable expenses, like legal advice or a passport.

Reactions: 6
I believe that yourharlow strongly suspect the money has gone.

I would rather cover my body in jam and dive into a swimming pool filled with fire ants than piss off yourharlow.

He is very highly respected and he believes in getting the story out there. He has the ear and respect of all major agencies in Harlow, including the police and council.

He's always promoting charities and people who need sponsorship for whatever. He's always in schools and various clubs to show what pupils/members are up to. He goes to shows, he gets himself involved in everything so he can report on it.

He's passionate about doing what he does and he's highly respected. I would not want get on his bad side or to stop him saying what needs to be said. He's an all round good person.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

I would rather cover my body in jam and dive into a swimming pool filled with fire ants than piss off yourharlow.

He is very highly respected and he believes in getting the story out there. He has the ear and respect of all major agencies in Harlow, including the police and council.

He's always promoting charities and people who need sponsorship for whatever. He's always in schools and various clubs to show what pupils/members are up to. He goes to shows, he gets himself involved in everything so he can report on it.

He's passionate about doing what he does and he's highly respected. I would not want get on his bad side or to stop him saying what needs to be said. He's an all round good person.
That's reassuring to hear. It isn't normal for a community project to only speak to a local journalist through a solicitor. Hope he gets to the bottom of the story.

Reactions: 14
Whiskers are starting to cover themselves.

View attachment 2822798
Their name is indelibly attached to this now. They are frankly insane for putting out that awful meaningless answer, who would hire them after seeing that gobbledegook where a straightforward confirmation of the whereabouts of the money should be?
---

I still can't get my head around Carly / Team Carly going to war with a local newspaper. They've got his ear and he has massive reach. If they've got a side in their perceived war against the council to put over (properly!) to the everyman of Harlow, there's no better outlet to do it.

It's interesting that they've added those answers to the article. So they must know that comments are open on the piece. It cannot be a simple oversight like I suspected earlier.

Reactions: 8
It's interesting that they've added those answers to the article. So they must know that comments are open on the piece. It cannot be a simple oversight like I suspected earlier.
I would expect in the meantime he has got advice from a media lawyer (not a high street conveyancer) about how he can safely proceed.

Reactions: 9
Carlz will be having to do the Riverdance to get over the failure of Whiskas' legal gagging last week to prevent all future comments on YourHarlow articles regarding her.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Whiskers making the point they’re doing this pro-bono

Your Harlow is playing a blinder
---
I would expect in the meantime he has got advice from a media lawyer (not a high street conveyancer) about how he can safely proceed.
It’s literally facts.
You can’t bring a harassment claim about him printing facts.
None of the commenters are attacking Carlz on the basis of gender, disability etc.

Reactions: 15
Carlz will be having to do the Riverdance to get over the failure of Whiskas' legal gagging last week to prevent all future comments on YourHarlow articles regarding her.
You can bet that Donna has been smashing the Your Harlow complaints button all afternoon

• Haha
Few more comments have gone up on the article. Looks like Whiskers' answer has only served to make people knuckle down and clarify that they want answers on the pre-CIC bit of the timeline.

1710786158009.png

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.