Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Maybe that’s really why she deleted her social media. Her Facebook was full of her fishing 2-3 a week
Well a woman got done recently, she was doing daily 5km runs!
Also I’m just waiting for someone to see me in the Asda and snitch that I’m “not that ill”.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
She is having some time off whilst she has this treatment. Is that because she needs time off due to the treatment?

I could do it if I have to or really wanted to. Doesn’t mean I’m well enough to use a bus daily. Variable conditions, it’s what you can do most of the time. I manage a night out a few times a year, say 2% of the time.

Also, I get the feeling Carly might be prone to a bit of exaggerating her ill health, call me cynical.

The point is we don’t know where she got this car, it’s not proof of pilfering.

I use the bus daily for work (it's not fun, bloody painful, I've nearly keeled over a few times) but I kind of like food and housing). There is no way on earth I'd be able to manage a night, day or morning fishing, even though I've only ever caught one fish over 2lb - the strength of a pissed off Carp somewhere over *there* <gestures in vague direction of a lake> is something to behold, never mind the getting from the entrance to having a hook dangling over bait in the first place.

Yes, her car could easily be from HR Mobility (plus some extra up front for a nicer one) - but if somebody were to be looking at her claim right now with the fishing, the gardening, the social media activities until the last couple of weeks and everything else (including that she's on biologics now) I don't think she'd have a troublefree renewal. Because she's describing very intensive and physically demanding activities, not just your ordinary doing an online shop, cooking something for tea or going to the doctor's. So I agree that her application will have been gilded somewhat.

No.

Too short. Higher rate mobility PIP isn’t awarded to someone who can spend a night fishing
Plenty of people who could spend a night fishing get higher rate mobility PIP. Depends how accessible the fishing spot is mind, but many are accessible via wheelchair now.

I think Carly may well be getting it, whether or not she’s entitled to it is another matter but she was clearly unwell enough for the DVLA to take her license so I’m inclined to think she likely does qualify.

• Heart

Hold my beans

VIP Member

I didn't realise at the time that this new method of advertising the pile of bread featured such a banging soundtrack
I thought the #costoflivingcrisis was over now? C**** said now benefits have gone up 78p a week, the poors don't need food deliveries 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3

Sweetcouchpotato

Can those more versed in Saltening lore tell me if I imagined it/dreamed it, or did a company post somewhere that they'd removed "contaminated" top soil from her allotment but when tested there was no salt. I was sure I'd read it here but I woke up this morning and asked my husband why Ken Clarke had led a riot on a council estate, only to be told I must have dreamed it so....

• Heart

Lazarus

VIP Member
Friends, the images from Companies House - please can someone help me to understand them?

Is the strike off the same ‘company’ that raised the 250k, or something else she’s involved in?

Aliceboo

I'm so invested in Harlow now thanks to St Carly and I note that the town was quite the political battleground in these elections with both Starmer and Rayner paying visits in person to try to swing it. Unfortunately for them the people of Harlow have voted to stay Tory (just), in spite of the poverty that Carly and Wayne and Donna used to fight.

Ever reliable Your Harlow has the detailed results and Carly and Donna will be delighted to know that Councillor Purse kept her seat (by quite some margin). I guess other residents are quite happy with Councillor Purse and her colleagues, and didn't see any need to bin them off.

View attachment 2912650
It is not quite over. They won by one Councillor. If you are suspended you can still run under that party, especially if its too late to change.

If this guy gets expelled, Harlow will be NOC. Though I'm guessing they will not kick the racist out.

I suppose it depends what she said. She could have a perfectly valid claim for PIP based on impairments to her lower body while being able to do physically demanding activities with her upper body.

The mobility part in particular was obsessed with “can you stand and walk X m” last time I had to help someone with their forms so if she’s claiming she needs to use a wheelchair to get around most of the time, gilded or not, she’d get her 12 points while what she is or isn’t able to do with her upper body or how much energy she has to do those things is entirely irrelevant for the mobility component.

Fishing's a whole body activity. That's my point - it's very demanding in a way that wouldn't convince an assessor that the participant needs HRM and/or HRC.

TheArtisticMouse

Chatty Member
Wonder if there was any mention of allotments/fighting food poverty in their election campaigns? Surprised St C**** didn't launch her own campaign to stand for election really.

Harlow is considered a bellwether town so perhaps not great for people who want actual societal change and actual help for people suffering from CoL crisis.

Reactions: 2