Captain Sir Tom Moore and Hannah Ingram-Moore #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With hindsight I think many of us would have stood up to the hospitals and gone to be with our loved ones at the end but we were following the rules.
You have anger, I have guilt that will never leave me.
Hannah and her family have no idea. šŸ¤¬
I did ignore the rules to visit mine at home before he got admitted as I knew he weren't coming out and I have 0 regrets for that. It's my only small blessing. But they were swanning in and out as they liked whilst everyone else on surrounding Wards were dying alone (CT had a nice private side room too)

• Sad
Reactions: 20
I did ignore the rules to visit mine at home before he got admitted as I knew he weren't coming out and I have 0 regrets for that. It's my only small blessing. But they were swanning in and out as they liked whilst everyone else on surrounding Wards were dying alone (CT had a nice private side room too)
Iā€™m glad you did that. šŸ˜˜
My Dad was admitted to hospital for something else and caught Covid in hospital so we had no chance to see him.
At least I managed to speak to him on the ā€˜phone to say our goodbyes - many didnā€™t even have that - well except for the Ingrams who were having a bedside party! šŸ¤¬
Absolutely appalling the preferential treatment they were given.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
The hospital fiasco was my straw when we weren't allowed in the same bloody hospital, opposite ward, to see our dying relative yet they were in and out, like (and I quote from a nurse friend) a bloody circus.

Will never not be angry by that. Nor the BS response from PALS who fobbed us off and said people were emailing to thank the hosp for his care šŸ« . In hindsight I should've stormed the ward lol
That really really made me angry. I was in a similar situation, end of life relative and only allowed to visit, 1 person at a time for 15 minutes social distancing. It broke my heart not to be able to hold her hand so she knew I was there. Meanwhile Captain Tom died surrounded by his family.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
And Michael bleeping Buble, a total twit!
I feel a bit sorry for Michael Ball (not Buble) because I think he's a decent man, and he genuinely believed in Captain Tom and his family's charitable intentions. He was taken in like millions of other people. I bet he's the one who feels like a twit now.

Reactions: 11
His 100 lap achievement wasn't remarkable
Indeed, lockdown might have been essential but ffs why did so many people lose all sense of reality?
An old man doing laps of his garden for NHS charities would in normal times have probably made a small article in the local press šŸ™„

• Heart
Wonder if people have been queueing out the door of the estate agent to "snap up" the site of Captain Tom's selfless efforts!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Wonder if people have been queueing out the door of the estate agent to "snap up" the site of Captain Tom's selfless efforts!
Iā€™d be interested to know if there are prospective buyers. The house is tainted to me (and slightly out of my price range) and I bet other people feel the same.

Reactions: 7
Indeed, lockdown might have been essential but ffs why did so many people lose all sense of reality?
An old man doing laps of his garden for NHS charities would in normal times have probably made a small article in the local press šŸ™„
No doubt the same kind of people who queued up for Stanley cups. I had to keep my mouth firmly shut on many issues including the Cap'n! šŸ˜ 

Iā€™d be interested to know if there are prospective buyers. The house is tainted to me (and slightly out of my price range) and I bet other people feel the same.
Tainted certainly, could always sell it on AirBnB as haunted by Captain Tom also; in the middle of the night you can see a ghostly zimmer frame levitate around the site of the former spa pool and hear someone softly muttering Barbados and "Fecking Russ Abbot!" at the bottom of the garden.

Actually surprised that Hannah the grifter hasn't thought of that herself?

• Haha
Bulldozer it. Itā€™s the only way to move on. An Aldi or Lidl would be lovely there ā€¦.

• Haha
Tainted certainly, could always sell it on AirBnB as haunted by Captain Tom also; in the middle of the night you can see a ghostly zimmer frame levitate around the site of the former spa pool and hear someone softly muttering Barbados and "Fecking Russ Abbot!" at the bottom of the garden.

She probably has, but now sheā€™s been exposed as a scammer and has pocketed the cash her dad meant to go to the NHS, nobody is interested in The Captain Tom Walk. Shame that.

Reactions: 8

We should all club together and turn it into the Captain Tom Moore theme parkā€¦

Instead of carousel horses you climb aboard a zimmer frame for the ride of your life - 100 rotations. šŸ¤¢

ā€Weā€™re Going To Barbadosā€ karaoke.
Have your photo taken with cardboard cut outs of Russ and Cliff.

The ā€œYouā€™ll Never Walk Aloneā€ escape room. You have to get out before the song ends or youā€™re locked in forever with it on repeat.

Itā€™s what her father wouldā€™ve wantedā€¦ šŸ˜œ

• Haha
Reactions: 25
We should all club together and turn it into the Captain Tom Moore theme parkā€¦

Instead of carousel horses you climb aboard a zimmer frame for the ride of your life - 100 rotations. šŸ¤¢

The ā€œYouā€™ll Never Walk Aloneā€ escape room. You have to get out before the song ends or youā€™re locked in forever with it on repeat.

Actually, that would be so bad it would probably be good šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
Actually, that would be so bad it would probably be good šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Was thinking that tooā€¦.Iā€™d quite enjoy that šŸ˜‚ could also have like instead of whack - a - mole we could have our Hanā€™s picture on a pop up thingy and call it Whack - A Grifter. Itā€™s not what her father would have wanted but WHO GIVES A SHITE šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Went to see Al Murray (Pub Landlord)'s show tonight at the Palladium, and he had a whole sketch involving him having a conversation with "Captain Tom" which he kept interrupting to shout his displeasure at Hannah's part in it all šŸ¤­

• Haha

I'd pay to go there!
Or a theme park for the elderly with WARNING pacemakers are safe on these rides.

have a refreshing Tom Gin at the world war 2 themed bar, walls adorned with framed medals.

Michael Ball or anyone from daytime itv will guest appearance.

• Haha
Reactions: 7