Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
How very dare you🤣🤣🤣

Good grief. PLT as well. I’m honestly speechless
They’ll do anything to get a sale other than post the clothes they sell on socials their Facebook page is full of photos of pasta & screenshots of stolen tweets of course they’d jump on the Tom bandwagon.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Whatamadworld

Chatty Member
My grandmother said to never speak ill of the dead, but then again she didn’t encourage me or the rest of our family to grift the rest of the world to the tune of millions.

Hannah is despicable but I refuse to believe that her father was the twinkly eyed old giffer that she would have you believe. He served in the army when it was compulsory and left like a rat up a drainpipe as soon as he could in 1945. He then went on to walk a couple of laps of his families grade 2 listed mansion for which he was happy to accept a knighthood for!

Nah, that grifting started from the top down and tomorrow will only be a better day if that family have to sell that house to pay for their flowery smock and beige chino addiction!
I don't know the full backstory on their financial circumstances before the fundraising he did. Does anyone know how they were able to afford that big house of theirs?

Reactions: 2

Sea

VIP Member
I'm imagining the poster of Tropic thunder (look it up I can't load the link)

• Heart

BashmentLady

VIP Member
It's a slightly wonk-ish Podcast but the Third Sector podcast this week is discussing the Captain Tom Foundation. It does discuss it from a slightly nerdy charity point of view but I think it lays out all the issues really well.

I'd almost forgotten some of them given that there are so many!
This is really interesting, thank you!

Diagoras20

Chatty Member
Dominic Bennett is an artist??!! You've got to be kidding! What an awful drawing of Captain Tom. He looks like a zombie or Frankenstein's monster!
If you look at the website it says the artist has a learning disability 🙈😂

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
I think they are these days but when I was young (80s/90s) it didn't seme to be the case. My family were basically consumed by being "proper" at all times...;although I realize that probably is not the norm either!

Oh my!

I am glad this is totally alien in my world. Very, very glad!
Yes getting a Christmas kiss from someone you clean for is hopefully a rare occurrence! Lol

• Haha

shakenshake

Piers Morgan too and didn't Amanda Holden latch onto it at one stage?
typical of Amanda Holden to latch on once she gets a whiff of something like that.
---
I wonder how donations are doing at the Foundation these days. Can't imagine much is rolling in.

I just looked at the Foundation's website and it hasn't been updated in ages, I think? The news section has old news. I don't see anything about recent charitable activities that it has done.

The family really tried to make a feast out of very little ingredients, didn't they? His achievements have been so exaggerated, he was eulogised as a god like figure - so ridiculous
the son hasn’t updated his IG since the queen died, hopefully they will fade into irrelevance in the next year.

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
I bet "Ges" was sobbing with gratitude at those horrific singing families on YouTube as well during lockdown. Honestly!