Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Foxybrown

Chatty Member
Did they actually say what he died of? I know he died WITH covid but dunno if it WAS covid, wouldn't be surprised if she bumped him off.....he served his purpose, was he worth more dead than alive? 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 4

ATV2021

VIP Member
He didn't even do proper laps of his garden, he was just walking back and forth in a line. Now, I'm not suggesting anyone digs him up, straps his corpse into an electric wheelchair and forces it to complete the promised 100 laps, but it would go some way to restore people's faith in the whole thing.
Well his funeral was at the local crem....

So I'm of the assumption he's dust?

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
Cocky T’s? Do people genuinely use that term?

Its awful. It takes more effort to say and type Cocky T’s than it does to say cocktails. Not every word needs to have some childish shortened version of it
I think they're just taking the piss out of those middle aged huns you see downing prosecco in slug and lettuce at about 5pm

Dustye

Holding on to that fugly handbag with an iron grip in case one of the wait staff try to nick it

• Haha

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
Wonder will the quiet sister who doesn't have much to do with the Foundation (Lucy?) break ranks and speak out. Although when I heard she was a homeopath by profession, I became cynical again!

We’ve got a bloody statue of him at the local hospital…..
Surprised it’s taken so long to be honest….exploitation at it’s finest
FFS. Are there no other deserving figures in the history of the NHS who could have been picked for that statue.

This is the thing - his family have ruined all the good that Tom did and tainted what he achieved. Like you I had nothing against him, in fact I found it quite uplifting reading about him doing his walking because it was a nice distraction from the rubbish that was going on. It was a feel good story that I think the country wanted at the time.
Now you’ve got his daughter and her husband tarnishing it all trying to make a quick buck and it’s not like they are struggling with money to start with - it’s greed.

I swear if the investigation finds that they’ve been committing fraud or siphoning funds it would make a great film. Who would play Hannah? I’m thinking Olivia Coleman - she’s equally as annoying.
Kate Winslet

carriebooboo

VIP Member
After having worked in the NHS for a few years you'd be surprised how many people, staff and patients, are terrible at washing their hands. Most people who claim to be able to do it properly are quickly shamed when you shine their hands under a UV light afterwards.
My friend is a healthcare practitioner, mostly works with consultants. Her hospital brought in an American firm to try to get the consultants to wash their hands properly. She was shocked at how they were rolling their eyes and not taking it seriously. Nothing changed afterwards. Fucking grim. 😬

kittenattack

VIP Member
I totally get why some people liked it so much as to what it represented rather than one person. The flypast and pomp stuff can be alluring.

I don't think it was any big conspiracy to dull the masses, there was a lack of news and they needed something to fill it. A long running story with lots of updates is perfect to focus on.

I do find it odd how once people reach a certain age they're often all seen as the salt of the earth lovley people. I don't know sir captain to make any comments on his character. But the 80+ population can't all be salt of the earth types.
I was a care of the elderly nurse and, trust me, they're definitely not 😆