Captain Sir Tom Moore #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tory Captain Tom states how Boris is his favourite Prime Minister and receives a knighthood which Boris had a hand in. Cronyism much? Always thought it was an extravagant honour. What about all the other WWII veterans who've raised money for charity? I had more admiration for 95 year old Harry Read who tandem parachuted back into Normandy in 2019 for the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Tory Captain Tom states how Boris is his favourite Prime Minister and receives a knighthood which Boris had a hand in. Cronyism much? Always thought it was an extravagant honour. What about all the other WWII veterans who've raised money for charity? I had more admiration for 95 year old Harry Read who tandem parachuted back into Normandy in 2019 for the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings.
I know/knew Harry Read and he was one of the most selfless individuals I’ve ever met. His family aren’t leeches either. The “Ingram-Moore’s” could learn a lot!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I feel like a Daily Mail "sad face" interview with Hannah could be on the way, where she bangs the "poor me" drum about all the criticism she's received (she will probably call it trolling) and its impact on her mental health

Reactions: 17
Completely agree with you!

Reactions: 9
I hope Miss Eunice really puts the work in on Hannah’s twee country walk and it ends up like this:

View attachment 1074631
Love it! Btw if you haven't seen Wicked I highly recommend it! lol

Nor forget Harry Leslie Smith D-Day veteran, someone that really cared about the NHS.

Reactions: 16
Well done Hannah for really putting into perspective the minor issues of those who've lost jobs or relatives to Covid, or are or have been seriously ill with that disease.
The way she goes on about her father you’d think he was Jesus or something. Going on about the things he taught. Almost feels culty.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The written statement she gave was more than enough but now she's recording all these pity-party videos. She says the exact same thing in every single one, she's like a broken record! Desperate attempt at damage limitation. I'm surprised she hasn't yet done one with fake crying.

Reactions: 12
I don't care so much about their past tweets (nor who they vote for) really they didn't infiltrate my life back then. Its their pandemic and beyond behaviour that makes me cross and that British public so naively bought into it.
I don't understand why a "saviour" was needed during lockdown, maybe I'm heartless.
Nobody had ever heard of him before the pandemic. He was their Golden Ticket and they went for it big time.

People who donated to this charity were swept along by the WW2 hero narrative. I have the greatest respect for men and women who served in WW2, but to milk that status to death and to blag freebies left right and centre, just didn’t sit well with me.

When you think of all those people who couldn’t work, could barely put food on the table and then you have this greedy family, using their Father as a pawn in the game of avarice.

@Tea Cosy I wonder how many practise attempts in the mirror it took to get her speech just right. 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Just waiting for Hannah to release a statement regarding the Queen's Covid positive test announcement. "My father .......

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Nobody had ever heard of him before the pandemic. He was their Golden Ticket and they went for it big time.

People who donated to this charity were swept along by the WW2 hero narrative. I have the greatest respect for men and women who served in WW2, but to milk that status to death and to blag freebies left right and centre, just didn’t sit well with me.

When you think of all those people who couldn’t work, could barely put food on the table and then you have this greedy family, using their Father as a pawn in the game of avarice.

@Tea Cosy I wonder how many practise attempts in the mirror it took to get her speech just right. 😉
There were also so many Hero's during Covid, I lost count of how many strangers queued up in huge queues to collect prescriptions for us (shielding), they had their own families and yet would collect for complete strangers and drive around delivering. People giving away food because they had enough when really they just had the bare basics but felt better off knowing there were people with nothing. So many things. Im also thinking of a friend who we sent some craft stuff to, stuck at home with a toddler, no money, using the food bank and not having any craft stuff to keep their child entertained. I remember having a food delivery from Sainsbury’s and the man asking us how we were finding shielding, we said fine as we have a garden, he said he had just done a delivery to a shielding family in an upstairs small flat with 4 children and a dog. If only Cap Toms family understood what an amazing luxury it was to have a garden he could walk around in

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.