Candice Brathwaite

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I followed CB off the back of the MMD page, thinking I'd learn something about race and motherhood, trying to do "the work" as a privileged white woman, but I've reached the conclusion that there's nothing to learn there.

I see her comment on the Peanut post that she nearly gave up on MMD because her "personal career began to develop". That career appears to consist of relentless self promotion, asking for free stuff, and making Manolo Blahniks somehow look bad, peppered with the odd sprinkling of racism.

There are brilliant black women and WOC on Instagram who inform and inspire, and I hate that a social-climber and pimp is attempting to align herself with their cause.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Her stories today, claiming to be OBSESSSSED with various luxury items, really grated. Go be obsessed with politics instead. Or your local food bank. Instagram has enough luxury dressing gowns ffs.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Her stories today, claiming to be OBSESSSSED with various luxury items, really grated. Go be obsessed with politics instead. Or your local food bank. Instagram has enough luxury dressing gowns ffs.
Remember the old CB who used to send gifted stuff onto refuges and other disadvantaged women? I can only assume it was sent on as it wasn't to her taste or luxurious enough. I must admit she pulled the wool over my eyes, I thought she was different from the money hungry grifters.

Reactions: 11
Man alive those stories were vulgar 😢 I’ve never seen a grown woman get quite so worked up about a dress....so materialistic and gross

Reactions: 6
THIS!
What irritates me most is her sheer hypocrisy. But she’s so arrogant that she cannot see how ridiculous she sounds. I’m sorry but HOW can you advocate for WOC and argue that people be treated fairly and equally when she has literally made money from selling other women’s bodies. Presumably some of these women were WOC. How does her narrative stand up against her past? And I know we’ve all done things in the past we wish we hadn’t but a woman who was unashamedly a Madam, who made sex cakes, who had a sex blog - how can she now be the voice she claims to be for WOC? How can she be a reliable or credible voice for any woman? How can family brands like Pampers pay this woman?
I’m just stunned that more people haven’t seen through her.
Oh people see through her. Look MOD. Pretend to be best Insta friends with her and ummed and ahhed through a podcast with her yet slagging her off on here . People are scared of her for sure. If you have an opposing opinion she will send the pack after you . So no one dare speak out

Reactions: 9
I sense that none of the insta mums want to take her on so to speak. However if we’ve learned anything from the MOD posting on tattle thing is that the whole thing can get nasty very quickly.

I think with Candice it’s a case of giving her enough of an opportunity to duck herself over good and proper. She will do it, eventually, all the lies, all the narcissism and the grabby greediness. This isn’t her first rodeo. None of her other ploys to get coin through self aggrandising and self promotion worked because the minute it required actual work Candice just pitched another idea and left the old thing behind.

I know she reads here. Just remember Candice the bigger you get the more of fall it will eventually be and there will be a fall.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Man alive those stories were vulgar 😢 I’ve never seen a grown woman get quite so worked up about a dress....so materialistic and gross
So gross! Perhaps she’s so ‘moved and amazed’ because she hasn’t had to sleep with anyone or pimp anyone else out to get the clothes...

I think it’s terrible that she’s continually getting gifted items and brand sponsorships while she has formally worked as a pimp. I have and will continue to complain to the companies that use her about their association with a pimp.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
So gross! Perhaps she’s so ‘moved and amazed’ because she hasn’t had to sleep with anyone or pimp anyone else out to get the clothes...

I think it’s terrible that she’s continually getting gifted items and brand sponsorships while she has formally worked as a pimp. I have and will continue to complain to the companies that use her about their association with a pimp.
Have you received any replies?

Reactions: 2
To be fair, I thought the dress was beautiful and looked amazing on her. I appreciate that I may be in the minority on this one though.

Reactions: 6
To be fair, I thought the dress was beautiful and looked amazing on her. I appreciate that I may be in the minority on this one though.
I completely agree. I looked the designer up and loads of it is beautiful. It just pisses me off that she's encouraging us all to go and buy them. I'd really love to but I can't spend £150 on a dress...

Reactions: 7
They suited her, but getting emotional over some free clothes. witch please.

But that's Candice's whole existence, getting expensive tit for free.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Her latest post 🙄 one can only assume she is talking about tattle.

She writes like a stupid person trying to sound clever. She’s the kind of chick who gets the dictionary out to try and find words in replacement of other words to try and sound like she’s intelligent but everything sounds forced and out of context.

As for people who use tattle being talentless, let’s not go there Candi. You sold your bits to dirty men for designer shoes and handbags. Not sure your talents were above us all then ay?!!

Post text
candicebrathwaite

Well to be honest, really honest, I feel I haven’t written for a while. Sure I’ve let my fingers waltz upon the keyboard but that’s only been to meet the standards set by my critics which are usually so low a mediocre limbo could perhaps suffice. But to hand myself over to my gift so thoroughly that like a child on Christmas morning I’ve allowed myself to be ripped open with only a crazed smile as an audience? Well no I haven’t been there in a minute. Because becoming lackadaisical is a symptom of suffering from bullshit. Gossip and pretence are only hobbies for those who have no other talents. And more often than not those most affected by their by standing are those who should be getting on with being just that - the talent. ⁣

But it’s far too easy to get distracted by the insignificant and insincere. And now I have to deliver some harsh self discipline and remind myself that this is how they want it. ⁣

I must tell you that’s how they want it. ⁣

My dear you’ve come to far to get swept away by moments most nursery children would quickly tire from observing. You are here to do real work. And it is this work they hope they can undo with distractions and deflection. Stay rooted in your transaction with honesty. Once again become familiar with your reason for existing because this is the flame that can set alight to false idols and simaltanously shed light on the plentiful injustices that continue to erode your people. Our people. ⁣

With that said, I think I’m starting to write again and I mean really write. If I want words to wither in my presence, I need to once again commit to practice. Because admittedly my metaphors are a little cantankerous and I’m not as confident as I used to be. But few things withstand pressure like the pen. And my own, bent to suit my experience and scuffed by nothing more than names I will perhaps never remember, will always, always, be mightier than the sword. 📸 @daniellelove.x 👗 @donald_stanley_

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Her latest post 🙄 one can only assume she is talking about tattle.

She writes like a stupid person trying to sound clever. She’s the kind of chick who gets the dictionary out to try and find words in replacement of other words to try and sound like she’s intelligent but everything sounds forced and out of context.

As for people who use tattle being talentless, let’s not go there Candi. You sold your bits to dirty men for designer shoes and handbags. Not sure your talents were above us all then ay?!!
Insufferable waffle. Who reads it without needing to pause 10 times to decipher? Also no #gifted on the top only a tag.

Reactions: 21
Her latest post is dreadful, truly one of the most poorly written things I've read. I hope she's got a good editor/ghost writer for that book.

Reactions: 16
Her editor is gunna need a lot of time and a lot of coffee to get her writing where it needs to be. She writes like a child doing a GCSE exam. The thought is there and she’s almost making a point but not quite, goes off track.

Waffle waffle waffle, pimp pimp pimp.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Remember Candice is the talent, even though she can't write cohesive sentences even when she's really trying and her job is taking selfies.

We're the ones without any talent as we see though her bullshit. Candice Hun I've got a PhD, am a member of a professional body and do a job that helps people and society (unlike yours that encourages consumption). I'm not just taking selfies with washing up liquid 🤪🤪🤪

Her try to be smart posts are word salad, like the salad bar at pizza hut after it's been wrecked by several bus loads of children.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.