Candice Brathwaite

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think M&S would welcome this feedback and the message button on their Instagram account is very accessible.

Reactions: 12
Wtf? So buy all the PJs from M&S , pose with them a day before an ad goes out then make a big song & dance about it not being an Ad? Sneaky way of warming up your audience to “swipe up” the next day and boost those figures . “I cannot and will not” . Dear lord
Not surprised - I called it. She had a relationship with them. It didn’t need to be called an ad but the gift did need to be declared if she got them for free. This gis why no one trusts the Instagram shills

Reactions: 9
Are we meant to believe she bought matching pyjamas, took a load of photos, and then M&s reached out to say "let us pay you for this work you've already done"? I'm so confused by this.
She's normally quite happy to disclose (or brag) when she's working with companies.
She should delete the grid post.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Did she work with them befor or did she literally step into Clemmie boots (+or PJs) off the bench ?

Reactions: 7
Did she work with them befor or did she literally step into Clemmie boots (+or PJs) off the bench ?
I know it’s like Mean Girls with Clemmie as Regina! Candice has it all now - the m&s deal, the Instagram friendS, the new house (Reno maybe) and the Instagram friendly children and husband.

fwiw I did think MOD used racist language when talking about CB and yes she should check her privilege but the hatred in the witch hunt which followed was imo disproportionate.

Reactions: 8
She was gifted an outfit from Sweaty Betty a couple of days ago, my all time fave shop, I messaged them to say I was disappointed that a company like SB whose tag line is all about women supporting women would gift to someone who had pimped women out, the response I got smply said their press team would look into it ! Also messaged M&S but no reply

• Wow
She was gifted an outfit from Sweaty Betty a couple of days ago, my all time fave shop, I messaged them to say I was disappointed that a company like SB whose tag line is all about women supporting women would gift to someone who had pimped women out, the response I got smply said their press team would look into it ! Also messaged M&S but no reply
Hope you directed them here too. To prove to the press team and others that we are not all little fictional goblin like characters who live under an arch like structure that crosses an expanse of water...

That’s CB for we are not trolls.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Wtf? So buy all the PJs from M&S , pose with them a day before an ad goes out then make a big song & dance about it not being an Ad? Sneaky way of warming up your audience to “swipe up” the next day and boost those figures . “I cannot and will not” . Dear lord
She’s being a sneaky bastard here. Did she actually BUY those pyjamas herself? No. They were gifted to her by M&S so it should have been labelled as an ADVERT!!!!!

But... she has obviously been working behind the scenes with M&S for some time so she has an existing relationship with the brand. The CAP code says this must be clearly declared.

M&S: British stalwarts of family apparel working with a Proud Pimp? Not cool.
They also work with RVKLoves, who is an apparent racist, even after they were told
this.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Send your complaints to M&S. I most certainly have.

She’s also broken asa guild lines here I’m sure

Last edited:
Pampers sent a copy and paste reply, but it's important to contact the brands. It's not a hate campaign, it's just not right that someone that sold womens bodies is getting away with spinning it as if she was the victim when she was happy to go on national tv and brag about it.

Dear Maggie,

Thank you for getting in touch and taking the time to provide your feedback which is important to us. We can confirm your comments have been shared with the Pampers Team.

Kind regards,

Joanne

Consumer Relations

Pampers sent a copy and paste reply, but it's important to contact the brands. It's not a hate campaign, it's just not right that someone that sold womens bodies is getting away with spinning it as if she was the victim when she was happy to go on national tv and brag about it.

Dear Maggie,

Thank you for getting in touch and taking the time to provide your feedback which is important to us. We can confirm your comments have been shared with the Pampers Team.

Kind regards,

Joanne

Consumer Relations
Agreed, I’m not comfortable with her trying to sell me these products. I feel really strongly about that.

Have these brands taken the women she pimped out into consideration? Have they thought about how these women might feel seeing her endorsing these brands? How does anyone know all the women Candi pimped out were of legal age? How does anyone know they weren’t trafficked here to do sex work? Nobody knows the real depths of what her past is really like.

A journalist needs to pick up on this and expose the brands endorsing her, as in my opinion they have a duty of care to NOT promote pimps to their consumers!

Reactions: 8
It is so concerning that brands don’t pay proper due diligence to the people advertising for them, acting almost like the face of their company. What Candice says she does in that documentary is so exploitative of sex workers.

Surely if she’s not marked them as a gift, she’s broken ASA rules, and then she’s posted admitting that they were a an undeclared gift?

I suspect M&S we’re going to perhaps back out of a pre agreed paid sponsorship and then changed their mind on the 11th hour. Maybe because she had already posted the image. I think it’s something along those lines because let’s be honest she didn’t make a big song and dance about that M&S post like she would normally over working with a brand like them...

Something dodgy has defo gone down. I hope she’s been reported to the ASA regardless!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.