Candice Brathwaite

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having spent my 20s travelling the country for work and flying multiple times a week, I have NEVER encountered any airport member of staff behave in such a manner and I’ve flown into and out of Luton many times.

Her story doesn’t ring true and if that staff member has reacted to the point of contacting police and them then detaining her that’s something within her behaviour that day that’s triggered it. The story about the cab driver is believable but the airport one isn’t. Maybe that’s why no one stood up for her then?

She’s an aggressive twit and her mouth has caught up with her. End of.
Exactly. Airport security are far too busy to detain some gobby bird for the situation she describes. She must have acted really badly.

Yes - and why has she saved this little gem until now? 🤔

Reactions: 12
I actually don’t doubt CB on this one. Racial profiling is a massive thing. I’ve often thought about how much I can get away with as a relatively small, young, white woman - people don’t suspect me of anything. I can slob about Tesco in an old pair of leggings and a hoodie and nobody bats an eye. If I was a dark skinned lad it would be different.

What I don’t really understand is how some random dude could get an obviously wealthy woman and her elderly, cane using Mother arrested. CB couldn’t talk her way out of that, couldn’t calmly explain herself??

Reactions: 9
By the sounds of it CB was standing airside of the terminal where you aren’t allowed to wait or use your phone. I have no doubt she was standing on her phone which is probably why she was told/asked to move. Her attitude absolutely stinks. Would she have told a black man to “chill bro” ? The guy was literally doing his job. As for the rest of it I don’t believe it. Another one who likes to tell tales.

Reactions: 10
Am also confused about an educated woman needing a sign to tell her that when she got off the bus she had to enter the terminal that she had been dropped off in front of!

There was no physical sign there instead there was a man telling you what to do. He was employed to do this, had he been black would she have done it rather than arguing with him?

Reactions: 7
She’s become so far removed from reality lately that I don’t think she has a clue what’s going on.
Also, all the racial stuff lately has got me wondering is it because she knows when she goes on and on about race (both appropriate and inappropriate) she gets attention and we all know what an attention seeker she is

Reactions: 10
I don't get what she's talking about, no Birkenstocks and cut off safari shorts?
My sister is black, her daughters are black, they wear what they want to wear when they feel like it, and they definitely wear Birkenstocks and cut shorts.

Reactions: 5
She is a really clever business woman - she did the racist rant at the same time as she did a really irrelevant and badly positioned advert on reducing plastic use (just days after admitting she wears a pad every day).

So loads of people share her rant and she gets new views to make her reach look good for the paid advert.

Everything is about money, not reality for Candice. It always has been. She hasn’t tried to pull the wool over our eyes on that one.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Every time she posts a rant or a story about racism she gets all the oh so woke instamums and influencers fawning over her and demanding their followers go read it

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Toby and roo did it this week and Charlotte jacklin does it constantly as well as a dozen others. Always the ‘this is very important you must go and read it’ with a link to one of Candices posts

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Toby and roo did it this week and Charlotte jacklin does it constantly as well as a dozen others. Always the ‘this is very important you must go and read it’ with a link to one of Candices posts
Disappointing they don’t link to Candice’s Jodie Marsh documentary too.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I really struggle with her at the moment. Latest blog post about more people commenting on her use of panty liners everyday rather than BAME maternal health would be a good post but....

It doesn’t ring true. She did the Always post for Money and admitted she wears a liner every day regardless of the environmental impact. Then a few squares later she does a paid post on reducing plastic with cleaning products. Anyone else see the irony?

Then it all comes back to race. I am frustrated and rather than encouraging me to actually want to be more of an ally to her campign she alienates me yet again.

I am horrified at the disparity in haircare. It shouldn’t. Be happening but it isn’t an either it issue. In fact why improve healthcare full stop for anyone of there is no planet to enjoy.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.