Candice Brathwaite #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
oh 100% true. People don’t want to be called a racist, even if whatever they’re questioning has nothing to do with race. Candice can’t deal with any questioning or criticism. Also regarding her sweeping statement about lesbians 😂😂 I’m not offended, but I really don’t have the best style. I dress for comfort. Silly woman.

It’s a shame because when I first started following her on Insta around 3 years ago, I really liked her. But she’s been very clever about how to gain followers and then she ended up being as shallow as the majority of mummy bloggers. She’s given up her depth, lied and ignored so many truths about herself. She’s also a trouble maker.
To add to this she seems to think she is exempt from being called up on making sweeping statements and gross generalisations about other minorities. Ignorance is (in her eyes and in her situation) her perfectly justifiable excuse. Yet no-one else is allowed the same priviledge. Its “educate youself, read up on it, do better” but also “dont be asking me because i cant be bothered to teach you unless you are going to pay me to talk.” It’s never about the actual cause, its always only about the coin with Candice. That is where her loyalties start and end. Money. She couldn’t give a rats ass about other peoples struggles unless she can monetise it or get attention from it in some way. She’s never the problematic one, always the victim.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
To add to this she seems to think she is exempt from being called up on making sweeping statements and gross generalisations about other minorities. Ignorance is (in her eyes and in her situation) her perfectly justifiable excuse. Yet no-one else is allowed the same priviledge. Its “educate youself, read up on it, do better” but also “dont be asking me because i cant be bothered to teach you unless you are going to pay me to talk.” It’s never about the actual cause, its always only about the coin with Candice. That is where her loyalties start and end. Money. She couldn’t give a rats ass about other peoples struggles unless she can monetise it or get attention from it in some way. She’s never the problematic one, always the victim.
She also trots out the line "you don't get to come into my space and tell me I'm wrong and I can delete you if you do to maintain my good vibe" line. Yes, we all have the right to have who we want in our social media space but you can't treat everyone who has a differing opinion to yours as racist or a troll or a bully.

How bleeping narcissistic to only keep the comments that blow smoke up your arse.

I guarantee all of her white followers are tit scared of her because they don't want to be labelled a racist so they praise and praise and praise her and are grateful if she gives them a scrap of attention.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
*She’s never the problematic one, always the victim*

This is one of the classic signs of a narcissist.

Reactions: 19
She takes herself way too seriously for someone who talks so much, yet says so little. The post therapy chats are akin to anaesthesia.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
100%. I’ve followed her since MOD brought her to my radar and thought I’d get a fresh perspective on being a black mum etc . But I asked her to repost about how to be an ally to Palestinians as I thought activism was her usp. The next post up she says how she isn’t a mouthpiece / microphone for other ppls suffering. Like babe, I asked you to repost something on insta, not dig up dead Palestinian kids. So disappointed. It’s definitely one rule for her and quite another thing for her followers. Complete hypocrisy after spouting about the importance of highlighting and tackling colonialism/ oppression. If it’s not helping to line her pockets or help serve her narrative she doesn’t want to know. She thinks she’s such a bad witch, but karma is the baddest

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
100%. I’ve followed her since MOD brought her to my radar and thought I’d get a fresh perspective on being a black mum etc . But I asked her to repost about how to be an ally to Palestinians as I thought activism was her usp. The next post up she says how she isn’t a mouthpiece / microphone for other ppls suffering. Like babe, I asked you to repost something on insta, not dig up dead Palestinian kids. So disappointed. It’s definitely one rule for her and quite another thing for her followers. Complete hypocrisy after spouting about the importance of highlighting and tackling colonialism/ oppression. If it’s not helping to line her pockets or help serve her narrative she doesn’t want to know. She thinks she’s such a bad witch, but karma is the baddest
I've noticed this with quite a few of the Black instas. They say it is your duty to be an ally and speak loudly for Black people but then they themselves claim that they shouldn't have to speak about every injustice. That's true, but they are very berating of those not "doing the work" that affects them, so why is it ok to keep silent about other injustices associated with racism and colonial power?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Shes stupid, the same system that she says oppresses her for being black is the same system that is making people oppressed across the world

She csn go duck herself

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I've noticed this with quite a few of the Black instas. They say it is your duty to be an ally and speak loudly for Black people but then they themselves claim that they shouldn't have to speak about every injustice. That's true, but they are very berating of those not "doing the work" that affects them, so why is it ok to keep silent about other injustices associated with racism and colonial power?
It must be down to money, don’t want to piss off publishers / media contacts / sponsors by voicing an opinion. But happy to ride on the BLM wave. I guess we’re the wrong shade of brown and not worth even an acknowledgment of a shared struggle. But I’m not the only one whose noticed all these silent ‘activists’...

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It must be down to money, don’t want to piss off publishers / media contacts / sponsors by voicing an opinion. But happy to ride on the BLM wave. I guess we’re the wrong shade of brown and not worth even an acknowledgment of a shared struggle. But I’m not the only one whose noticed all these silent ‘activists’...
The irony is the disdain she has for people who she feels don’t do enough to fight for causes that apply to her. If you have read some books on the matter it is far from enough you should read a library oh and buy HER book and put some money in her back pocket whilst you’re at it. Those tiny handbags don’t pay for themselves yanno! And if you have been watching documentaries, thats still not sufficient, watch more, but not the ones that Rochelle Hulmes does because she isn’t black enough.. But when anyone expects her to even just.. have a voice about someone else’s struggles, or just a posted statement of support or to get a conversation going amongst her followers let alone pick up a book on the subject or protest for it and... yeah no thats way too much to expect from Candy and you are stupid for thinking that she even should how dare you?! Got better things to focus on love!! Her motto should be “have my back but dont you dare expect me to have yours or anyone elses” 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Random outburst…I teach year 2 and I feel like I’m at work marking literacy work when I read her posts.

Her writing is constructed like a child’s, Averbs: tick
Adjectives… now, not just any adjectives get a thesaurus and use more ambitious vocabulary: tick
Descriptive language so the reader feels like they’re there: tick

She thinks she so powerful and poetic but it’s reads like a well rehearsed child’s piece of writing

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Her writing is constructed like a child’s, Averbs: tick
Adjectives… now, not just any adjectives get a thesaurus and use more ambitious vocabulary: tick
Descriptive language so the reader feels like they’re there: tick
She certainly has no natural talent or flair for writing. It’s laboured and frequently cliched, and that’s what you have just described. It’s a shame as her content is somewhat interesting.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She certainly has no natural talent or flair for writing. It’s laboured and frequently cliched, and that’s what you have just described. It’s a shame as her content is somewhat interesting.
That’s it, much more articulate and eloquent than me! Maybe you could be her ghost writer 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I never watch breakfast TV but happened to catch her on Lorraine this morning. I was really surprised by how low energy and dull she seemed? Say what you want about CB but she does usually seem very energetic and sparkhy. Maybe she was tired? It was very odd and stilted.

Reactions: 5
Still harping on about the same crap I see....not making any sense and trying to sound incredibly clever. Boring.

Reactions: 9
Another one of the ‘my dogs small and cute so I don’t practise any recall with him’

Let’s all laugh at the untrained dog who can’t be called back…… 🥱

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Another one of the ‘my dogs small and cute so I don’t practise any recall with him’

Let’s all laugh at the untrained dog who can’t be called back…… 🥱
And if anyone complains about the dog it will be because they can't stand to see a thriving woman like Candice. #haters :sleep:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11