Candice Brathwaite #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
. The strange thing in retrospect- did anyone call Alice our for her comments when originally posted? I know we have WOC on here.
Is that meant to be a joke? “I know we have WOC on here? I don’t even usually comment. But WOC applies to anyone non-white. Doesn’t give additional licence to verify behaviours. I as a BLACK woman don’t even have licence to verify another black woman’s behaviour or treatment. It’s one thing to say you don’t want to open the whole “debate” back up but that’s essentially exactly what you’ve done. For all CB’s flaws, what she did amidst AliceGate was stay silent. No different to Telford, SMS, MP and many others that were likely embroiled. Would you also suggest they were sitting back gleefully counting their cash? Quite a leap

Reactions: 7
Is that meant to be a joke? “I know we have WOC on here? I don’t even usually comment. But WOC applies to anyone non-white. Doesn’t give additional licence to verify behaviours. I as a BLACK woman don’t even have licence to verify another black woman’s behaviour or treatment. It’s one thing to say you don’t want to open the whole “debate” back up but that’s essentially exactly what you’ve done. For all CB’s flaws, what she did amidst AliceGate was stay silent. No different to Telford, SMS, MP and many others that were likely embroiled. Would you also suggest they were sitting back gleefully counting their cash? Quite a leap
I’m sorry I wasn’t able to finish my original post and accidentally pushed send. From Memory CB didn’t stay silent in that she didn’t actively discourage people who were baying for blood. I agree that the others that you have named didn’t either but this post is about CB and not them. I’d happily, say the same thing- in fact I find all of them shallow and two faced when tearing someone apart because their egos are hurt but then calling for peace and love. When I wrote WOC I wanted to follow it up with asking if any WOC ( and I apologise that I wasn’t more specific) were angered or offended or questioned Alice’s comments at the time of original posting? I’ll go so far as to ask did anyone? Perhaps I shouldn’t have singled WOC out in this situation but I (mistakenly?) believed that it is more likely that people who experience racism recognise it before those who don’t. the point really I was trying to make with my reply was that I find CB to be fickle, inflammatory, self serving and is someone who likes drama- and I perceived her post about Caroline as somewhat ‘rich’ as I said. I guess this could be any of the Instagram personalities but once again, this is a post about CB. Truly I don’t wish to offend you, or anyone so if I have I apologise.

Reactions: 12
Long time lurker here but plucked the courage to post at last. I think you may be onto something @whoisthatnow.
When MP posted about CF, someone brought MOD into convo in comments in the context of hounding someone and she replied with something that indicated she was still in touch with MOD. Is that what did it for CB?
That said I’m looking for that CF post on MP’s grid and I can’t see it. I could swear she posted a pic of a message she sent to CF. Has she deleted it?

Reactions: 3
Oh I read that but must have skimmed that bit thank you 😂
i skimmed most of it too ...i couldnt breath reading it in my head so much ranting and words that didnt grammaticallyfit kn tje sentence (maybe im just old and not down on the streets with current words 🤣).
i always imagine those events they all attend to be like a mean girls play ground but CB doesnt strike me as someone who would be a shrinking violet so why not call them out face to face?

Reactions: 4
Long time lurker here but plucked the courage to post at last. I think you may be onto something @whoisthatnow.
When MP posted about CF, someone brought MOD into convo in comments in the context of hounding someone and she replied with something that indicated she was still in touch with MOD. Is that what did it for CB?
That said I’m looking for that CF post on MP’s grid and I can’t see it. I could swear she posted a pic of a message she sent to CF. Has she deleted it?
Yes there was defo a post on MP page and someone asked if anyone had reached out to MOD and MP said she had?!

By the way - why does everyone refer to CB as the Queen? Bit overboard isn't it!!' 😂

Reactions: 2
I had just joined Tattle when the Alice/Clemmie stuff was coming to light initially, about this time last year. As a WOC I personally didn't think it came across as racist, others on the MOD thread didn't flag it nor did moderators. I find Tattle posters/admin to be quite good at challenging/reporting/removing racist comments, along with other abusive comments. I think most of us read the comments before and after along with other comments made by Clemmie and judged it in context.
I can't speak for the every WOC, just as I can't speak for all women, Northerners or mothers.
The focus was on Candice as that was the main argument picked up by all social media. Candice was aware of this. We all remember Machine Gun Kelly's immediate response and subsequent article about the prolonged eighth month attack of racial abuse Clemmie was supposed to have orchestrated...Candice knew this was untrue yet remained silent.
Nobody was being kind to Clemmie, he without sin...they are all guilty of something these influencers yet silence on that front.
It was not just accusing Candice of being greedy, all the flogger mums wanted to move up a level and were positively revelling in the faux misery. The media had named Clemmie as mother of influencers and all the insta mamas knew the queen bee crown was up for grabs!
I don't agree with some of what Alice said but most of it was spot on...especially about FOD!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I had just joined Tattle when the Alice/Clemmie stuff was coming to light initially, about this time last year. As a WOC I personally didn't think it came across as racist, others on the MOD thread didn't flag it nor did moderators. I find Tattle posters/admin to be quite good at challenging/reporting/removing racist comments, along with other abusive comments. I think most of us read the comments before and after along with other comments made by Clemmie and judged it in context.
I can't speak for the every WOC, just as I can't speak for all women, Northerners or mothers.
The focus was on Candice as that was the main argument picked up by all social media. Candice was aware of this. We all remember Machine Gun Kelly's immediate response and subsequent article about the prolonged eighth month attack of racial abuse Clemmie was supposed to have orchestrated...Candice knew this was untrue yet remained silent.
Nobody was being kind to Clemmie, he without sin...they are all guilty of something these influencers yet silence on that front.
It was not just accusing Candice of being greedy, all the flogger mums wanted to move up a level and were positively revelling in the faux misery. The media had named Clemmie as mother of influencers and all the insta mamas knew the queen bee crown was up for grabs!
I don't agree with some of what Alice said but most of it was spot on...especially about FOD!
This is exactly what I was trying to convey- but failed. 😔

Reactions: 8
From Memory CB didn’t stay silent in that she didn’t actively discourage people who were baying for blood. I agree that the others that you have named didn’t either but this post is about CB and not them.
You’re taking issue with the fact she did not actively discourage people baying for Clemmies blood after Clemmie was (let’s use “allegedly” for your sake” ) being racially provocative about her online to the masses under a fake pseudonym? That is the definition of staying silent. And UNLIKE SMS Telford who chose to stay silent, their treatment didn’t incl. racism. To ask WOC if they felt the comments were racist on a thread where we all come here to vent about the woman is skewed and counter productive

Reactions: 1
You’re taking issue with the fact she did not actively discourage people baying for Clemmies blood after Clemmie was (let’s use “allegedly” for your sake” ) being racially provocative about her online to the masses under a fake pseudonym? That is the definition of staying silent. And UNLIKE SMS Telford who chose to stay silent, their treatment didn’t incl. racism. To ask WOC if they felt the comments were racist on a thread where we all come here to vent about the woman is skewed and counter productive
Allegedly... I never said that it was alleged, I pointed out that I’m not totally on board with it. At the end of the day as a white woman I can not comment if it is racist fully ( I of course can make assumptions or point out the obvious, but some things, and perhaps this instance, are more nuanced and only those who have experienced racism can fully comment on what is it isn’t. It’s both subjective and objective). In my reply I asked if ANY posters had called out MOD’s comments as racist. I don’t think, or can’t see how this is counterproductive? Im merely enquiring as I’m too lazy/time poor to go back and investigate. I’m not looking to fight, my purpose for mentioning it was more in the context of CB, not CT or MP and how she operates. She can be both agreed I’ve and passive aggressive, with the passive bit very much in evidence with the posts yesterday. It worked- we’re all here again chatting about her. Like I said, I didn’t mean to offend and I’m sorry if I did.

Reactions: 5
I did think yesterday CB might be referring to Brummy but I can't imagine Nanny San staring anyone down...if Nanny San was there at the event she should have stopped Brummy flashing her pants 😂

Reactions: 1
Candice has basically said many of them are at it. I can well believe it’s a very cliquey and nasty environment to be in.
Easy for me to say, pack it in as its there bread and butter but how could you be arsed putting yourself and your family out there like most of them do.

From memory and I’ve been on the CB threads from the start no one called out CH about her comments and I probably said similar to her back then because that’s my opinion and I stand by it and also in answer to your question about WOC I know there was at least one lady who said she was black saying CB doesn’t speak for all blank women etc and doesn’t agree with the way she goes about things to do with race. I’ll have to try and go back and find the comments if anyone needs absolute proof.

Reactions: 5
Candice has basically said many of them are at it. I can well believe it’s a very cliquey and nasty environment to be in
Agreed. The Instamumhuns are basically living in a playground. They are largely fighting to be top dog, get the freebies and invites. Of course it will be bitchy.

Reactions: 8
That woman messaging calling her auntie etc made me cringeeee, could she be up her vagina any further?

Reactions: 6
She’s just attempted to ruin a small business
I’ve just seen that. And she’s put a post up saying she was wrong but not added it to her stories. So if people look at her stories they will still think she has an issue with the brand.

I understand it’s frustrating when there are communication errors when buying from small brands but why has she done it some publicly? Did she really need to stoop that like to get more likes? 🤯

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.