Cancer Influencers #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lizzie was talking earlier about a liquid biopsy (I think that’s what she said) that costs £4,000 that if she wants to have it, she would have to self-fund. No guarantees but it may pick up on a new mutation. How awful and desperate they must feel and I agree with you guys, she looks so well it’s hard to believe the heartbreaking situation she’s in.

I am not familiar but Lizzi also posted a RIP for a lady from the ‘Fighting to be Heard Foundation’

Reactions: 7
Lizzie was talking earlier about a liquid biopsy (I think that’s what she said) that costs £4,000 that if she wants to have it, she would have to self-fund. No guarantees but it may pick up on a new mutation. How awful and desperate they must feel and I agree with you guys, she looks so well it’s hard to believe the heartbreaking situation she’s in.

I am not familiar but Lizzi also posted a RIP for a lady from the ‘Fighting to be Heard Foundation’
But if she could get into a trial, it would be free. I know there has to be rules for trials but it seems so cruel.

Reactions: 7
But if she could get into a trial, it would be free. I know there has to be rules for trials but it seems so cruel.
It’s so unfair, I feel like I say this every week but how much tit can one family be given.

Was her heart condition pre-existing or is that as a result of the cancer/treatment?

Reactions: 3
Trials are ruthless. I’m an oncology research nurse and every box has to be ticked and every variant has to fulfill criteria.

Reactions: 9
I don't know how long this has been the case but Lizzie's insta is public again now. So sad seeing her stories. She just seems exasperated. She's doing everything she can but in all honesty, no one seems arsed. Not her oncologist. Not the Marsden. Not the trials. I hope she can find a targeted therapy or that they will allow her to get her heart ablated (not sure what that means tbh). Really hoping for the best for her.
I lost a friend to cancer a few months ago and this is exactly how he was treated, I felt the same as if no one gave a tit. We had to fight on his behalf.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Conversely, my dad had terminal cancer and they gave him a choice for his last set of chemo (of the “you’re well, why don’t you enjoy the time you have?”) and he and my mum had a very much ‘yes of course we’ll take it‘ mindset and I tried to suggest that it might not be worth putting him through it.

It was his choice but I do think he went through with it for my mum and ultimately he died quite an awful, drawn out death, not from the cancer but from an infection that took over his chemo-weakened body.

Chemo isn’t the answer to everything and at some point you have to weigh quality over quantity. I wouldn’t blame anyone who wants to try and extend their life but doctors have to think about the ‘do no harm’ part of their vow.

I hope Lizzie finds what she’s looking for and it all works out, I really do. I also hope whatever happens, she makes her peace with it all. My dad never did and I often think just how pissed off he would be to be dead.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
There is a policy for doctors of doing no harm and sadly, sometimes this includes giving more treatments. NNL was a classic case, there was more lines of treatment she could have, however her body could not tolerate them and it would have caused more harm to administer them to her.. lizzie is different in that atm she is relatively well, however her cancer does not respond to treatment. There will be limits on what can be given simply due to funding but also having had previous treatments. I remember Rachel, BB and Lauren discussing trials on the big C podcast, they said as mad as it sounds, you actually have to be quite well to be able to get onto them. There is So much false hope out there so you have to be careful, people pry on desperate people. Hopefully she can at least get a referral to The Marsden. People saying to her to set up a go fund me, she already has one.

Reactions: 9
No, im sorry i have no sympathy for the woman. Shes had TWO gfm accounts already. She has just swanned off to another exotic holiday with no insurance, which would have cost thousands.. thousand that could have paid for this biopsy "she needs". She so reminds me of nicky, swanning off on expensive holidays and then pleading health issues knowing full well people are going to donate. When will people wake up?? Shes a con artist who is playing the cancer card beautifully and you all fall for it.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
No, im sorry i have no sympathy for the woman. Shes had TWO gfm accounts already. She has just swanned off to another exotic holiday with no insurance, which would have cost thousands.. thousand that could have paid for this biopsy "she needs". She so reminds me of nicky, swanning off on expensive holidays and then pleading health issues knowing full well people are going to donate. When will people wake up?? Shes a con artist who is playing the cancer card beautifully and you all fall for it.
Actually I agree re the GFM, I was just saying she already had one set up. I feel incredibly sad re her cancer/latest news, but yes, asking for money for treatments is one thing, personally I don’t agree with swanning off on numerous holidays and then asking for more.

Reactions: 11
I was actually thinking the same. My heart goes out to her, it really does. Her situation is tit and she really hasn’t had the best of care.
But, come on she knew how sick she was and the potential for the proverbial tit to hit the fan and she’s talked about this biopsy for an age. So instead of spending your GoFundMEeeeee donations (DID NOT REALISE SHE HAS TWO 🤦🏻‍♀️) on holidays, save it and use it for tests and treatments that might give her more time. Sometimes we have to make choices and she’s in a very fortunate, more than most, financial position. Don’t beg play the cancer card for more money, simply because you’ve a large following, it’s just wrong.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I had it in my head the last holiday was gifted for some reason but I looks like it wasn’t. I didn’t know she had GFMs at all let alone ones that were still active - in fact, I’m sure I’ve seen a story of hers before where she’s said it’s a road she doesn’t want to go down (just missed “again” off the end of the sentence it would seem). I absolutely still feel sorry for her and her family’s terrible situation but it does appear to add a layer of manipulation I didn’t know she had in her or didn’t see in her.

The story the other day where she spoke of the liquid biopsy, at the end she added the link to her jewellery store and made a quip about having a biopsy to pay for and I have noticed she’s aff linking a lot more stuff. I just put it down to trying to earn a second wage or raise money for treatment that way but yeah I think she needs to recheck her priorities.

Holidays are great but I’d rather use the money for treatment to be hopefully around longer for my kids. And she’s lucky she got away with two uninsured travels and not need any sort of medical treatment. I really thought she was different to the likes of NNL - maybe this is the reason why she wasn’t happy at people’s reaction to Nicky going away again 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don't disagree with the go fund me for treatments but I do disagree for holidays. She's not going to live a long life so I absolutely understand why she'd want to take trips of a lifetime. But these are trips that most of us can only aspire to, working full time. I feel bad saying that, I think she deserves the world. But maybe not at everyone else's expense

I don't disagree with the go fund me for treatments but I do disagree for holidays. She's not going to live a long life so I absolutely understand why she'd want to take trips of a lifetime. But these are trips that most of us can only aspire to, working full time. I feel bad saying that, I think she deserves the world. But maybe not at everyone else's expense
But can you imagine every stage 4 cancer patient setting up GFMs just because they have a terminal disease. Cancer isn't the only terminal disease out there, should people suffering from other diseases also set up GFM pages with the expectation of people donating so they can go on holiday. And then when they get back, go on stories and play on peoples kindness because they cant get treatment on the NHS. My Mother in law had stage 4 ovarian cancer and she went on a lot of holidays and paid for them herself, i know each situation is different but i just think lizzie manipulates everyone. Every person living with any sort of life limiting disease, whether they have xhildren or not derseves the world. Shes a con!
---
But can you imagine every stage 4 cancer patient setting up GFMs just because they have a terminal disease. Cancer isn't the only terminal disease out there, should people suffering from other diseases also set up GFM pages with the expectation of people donating so they can go on holiday. And then when they get back, go on stories and play on peoples kindness because they cant get treatment on the NHS. My Mother in law had stage 4 ovarian cancer and she went on a lot of holidays and paid for them herself, i know each situation is different but i just think lizzie manipulates everyone. Every person living with any sort of life limiting disease, whether they have xhildren or not derseves the world. Shes a con!

Reactions: 5
Well this changes a lot of things, doesn't it? 😑 Let's be honest - if you've got enough disposable income or savings to just go on far -flung holidays at a drop of a hat, plus risk going with NO medical insurance, then £4,000 for a biopsy towards either helping to potentially find and fund another line of treatment or to extend your life is a drop in the ocean - I know I'd want to do all I can, so with TWO Go Fund Me accounts, its unfathomable that she's not had this before now! She took against a lot of us and subsequently blocked us for the comments and likes made against Nikki and her booking endless holidays, bragging and generally being incredibly unlikeable, but if she's seriously still got those 2 GFM active yet moans about the cost of a potentially life-saving biopsy, then she's not much better than beggy herself as most of that money will be there after she's passed, so what good is it? People don't donate for holidays or to support her husband and children, let's be honest, so use every penny people have donated for any tests/treatment ASAP - that's what it's there for and was set up for! 😑

Reactions: 10
Well this changes a lot of things, doesn't it? 😑 Let's be honest - if you've got enough disposable income or savings to just go on far -flung holidays at a drop of a hat, plus risk going with NO medical insurance, then £4,000 for a biopsy towards either helping to potentially find and fund another line of treatment or to extend your life is a drop in the ocean - I know I'd want to do all I can, so with TWO Go Fund Me accounts, its unfathomable that she's not had this before now! She took against a lot of us and subsequently blocked us for the comments and likes made against Nikki and her booking endless holidays, bragging and generally being incredibly unlikeable, but if she's seriously still got those 2 GFM active yet moans about the cost of a potentially life-saving biopsy, then she's not much better than beggy herself as most of that money will be there after she's passed, so what good is it? People don't donate for holidays or to support her husband and children, let's be honest, so use every penny people have donated for any tests/treatment ASAP - that's what it's there for and was set up for! 😑
Also dont forget she has retired from the police force, she would have had tier 2 payment which would have been a large lump sum, she probably paid off her mortgage and other bills with that. Then she went to vegas who knows where that money came from? Retirement or GFM?? She's been florida, Mauritius and god knows where else. Finacially i bet she is in a good position, she just doesn't see why she should have to lay 4k out. I wouldnt be suprised if she sets up another or if someone does it on her behalf. The GFM link has disappeared from her account now but you can still search it via google.

Reactions: 6
I’m guessing this is why shes taken her Instagram off private then 😕
Oh i didnt know that as I've been following her for a while anyway. But that would make a lot of sense, the more people see her public account the more chance she has of people feeling sorry for her and wanting to throw their money at her. It's all manipulation

Reactions: 2
Lizzi’s situation is truly tragic however I don’t agree with GFMs which continue to be unregulated with zero accountability of showing where exactly that money is spent.

Agree with others highlighting the recent return from Mauritius yet spending 4K on a blood test sticks in her throat? Very odd!

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.