Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

J2607

VIP Member
I understand raising awareness but the crying and taking the pill is a bit much.
Their lifestyle I feel is everything that’s wrong with social media. There’s raising awareness and then there’s filming every iota of your life. I cannot fathom lying down in tears on a bed with your partner in your arms, whilst your other arm holds up your phone to film. In fact I can’t imagine filming anything like this at all, then having to edit it and put music in the background. It just all feels so incredibly wrong and contrived.

I wish them the best during this difficult time but I can’t help but think how damaging their 100% online life is for their psyche.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
Unfortunately I had a bad feeling about this pregnancy. I think they should have managed their expectations and not put so much pressure on themselves so early in the journey, already decorating the nursery, choosing "mommy names", calling the baby a "Christmas miracle" etc. when so many things could go wrong.
With these two it really feels like they can't slow down and are always rushing the next big thing in their lives. They got together, got married, bought a ginormous house and renovated it and started trying to get pregnant in what, 2 years? I wish them all the best but I have a feeling it's not gonna end well. It feels like they didn't think through any of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
Every single short video seems to have footage of them crying while going through the miscarriage. As someone who has experienced this I cannot fathom wanting to document and share it repeatedly. It's quite upsetting to see those clips cropping up in every video, even ones where they're sharing good news. I just find this whole trend of filming yourself crying very very strange in general. Maybe I'm projecting but I just can't imagine wanting to exploit mine and my partner's loss for views.

Reactions: 14

juy7nhio

i can't believe they told their entire family at 4 weeks pregnant and started decorating the nursery and buying stuff at 5 weeks. You just don't do that.

Reactions: 13

StrawberryBanana90

Chatty Member
I understand everyone copes with things differently and if it helps her, good for her. It's the posting on social media aspect that I don't get, what does she gain except people DMing her about it and her telling people off for doing so.

Reactions: 12

StrawberryBanana90

Chatty Member
So many influencers hide their kids' faces and say they're protecting their identity but then share the birth vlog/gory details. If you're famous on the internet your kid is automatically tied to you, you can't stick an emoji on their face in public.
I'd respect content creators more if they just go btw I had a kid, anyways here's my normal content with no reference to my child

Reactions: 11

juy7nhio

i don’t know about you guys but I’m a big believer of evil eye and therefore not sharing personal, intimate things that aren’t 1,0000% confirmed. I feel no matter who you are there will always be people with some kind of odd feelings towards you; whether intentional or not. And that energy can be transformed into something damaging for us when we share certain things with them. I hope that makes sense. And with Camila and Julie having such a huge platform there are bound to be people who are projecting that energy onto them. I am not saying it is Camilla and Julie’s fault they have had unsuccessful rounds of ivf or that they lost the baby, not at all and I do feel very sorry for them. It’s really sad. I do feel they should be more careful with how early they announce things though. I understand they want to share their journey but this is so sensitive and you just never know what could happen… why would you take the risk? Again, not blaming them at all - pregnancy loss is never anyone’s fault and what I think can be applied for everything , so just for future C&J .. stop sharing absolutely every little thing. Protect your peace 🥲
That's such BS though, how could some stranger's random thoughts about you impact the biological mechanism of pregnancy

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Ronlonglegs

VIP Member
Sponsored for sperm now ay 🫠 Their life is so contrived, I just cannot warm to them at all.
Correction:

"I've never wanted my own. That is not until I became a content creator and realised I would need a baby to keep our engagement up"

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8

Ronlonglegs

VIP Member
So their ivf journey is quite tone deaf. I get it's sad their first go didn't work but unlike many I've couples they seem to have unlimited funds to try again the next menstrual cycle.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Ronlonglegs

VIP Member
Every single short video seems to have footage of them crying while going through the miscarriage. As someone who has experienced this I cannot fathom wanting to document and share it repeatedly. It's quite upsetting to see those clips cropping up in every video, even ones where they're sharing good news. I just find this whole trend of filming yourself crying very very strange in general. Maybe I'm projecting but I just can't imagine wanting to exploit mine and my partner's loss for views.
No you are right it's such a weird concept to film yourself crying. Makes me so irritated tbh.

The way Julie sets up the camera when she’s crying at a flattering angle seems so disingenuous. Seems like she cares about views more than anything else

• Heart

EvilJigglypuff

VIP Member
Searched their names on here after seeing yet another video on my fyp of them having a “candid” conversation with the camera set up 🙄 I’m sure they’re both very nice and they’re clearly very happy but it’s boring, their content is all the same

Reactions: 6

maisie101x

Agree. I think there’s a difference between being open and sharing your experiences and feelings surrounding them with the goal of supporting others to feel less alone, and recording yourself crying to something so personal and heartbreaking and sharing it with the world over and over again. Its an awful thing but I can’t feel sorry for people when they do it like this , it’s so exploitative and doesn’t even come across genuine anymore.

Tanne1999

VIP Member
They’ve had the baby. Let’s see if they stick to everything they said in pregnancy about not announcing the date, name, face pics etc.

Toffeebythesea

VIP Member
I mean, I told my parents at 4 weeks because we suffer from recurrent miscarriages and I wanted to tell somebody and have their support if the pregnancy failed (which sometimes it did). I think it is good to tell your close support system so they help you regardless of the outcome. But yeah, announcing it to millions of followers and recording every intimate minute of it, I cannot relate to that.

• Heart
This is something I never understand with these.
I agree with not showing children online. But, not at all.
I don't show my children online at all.

I don't think it gives them much privacy when they will, as you say, probably show everything but their face.
Especially when they're well known.
They share everything in detail about conception, pregnancy, I imagine birth too and then probably their life with the baby, day to day life ect.
What privacy does the child have?
Nothing 🤷🏻‍♀️
Exactly, the child has zero privacy and they haven’t even developed properly yet.