Callie Thorpe - plus sized cringe-fest

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d be very surprised if she does the right thing with this. I mean come on, they don’t even have a presence with their plus sized range here in the UK but she still endlessly plugs it ‘ah cheers babe. Next time I swing by NYC I’ll pick that dress up’ her followers can do very little with the info but that doesn’t stop her because she gets a pay check at the end of it.

She’s already proven her support to be performative and has angled it to suit her own agenda many times. All that matters to Callie, is Callie.

She’ll be posting another grubby and poorly spelt #ad in a matter of weeks, I’m sure of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m very pleased she posted something. And that she’s sticking to her word. I wonder whether she people messaged her or if she read here.

Reactions: 1
Time will tell if she sticks to her word! Can't help but think that this was a decision based on social pressure rather than a heartfelt one especially knowing how materialistic and grabby she truly is.

Reactions: 4
I might be looking for the worst but ‘handling this behind the scenes’ and ‘having conversations with my managers’ implies (to me) that she tried to find a way to wiggle out of this. Tried to find a way that showed people of colour were lying. Tried to find a way that meant she could carry on working with them.

You can’t post things like ‘I’ll never understand, but I stand’ and then in another breath say ‘but I’m just going to chat to the management and see their perspective on this’ when the only perspective that matters is the person(s) that have been discriminated against. Surely?

Maybe she irritates me that much that’ll I never find her or anything she does genuine.

oh, also interesting how it’s on her stories and will disappear tomorrow...

Reactions: 8
I might be looking for the worst but ‘handling this behind the scenes’ and ‘having conversations with my managers’ implies (to me) that she tried to find a way to wiggle out of this. Tried to find a way that showed people of colour were lying. Tried to find a way that meant she could carry on working with them.

You can’t post things like ‘I’ll never understand, but I stand’ and then in another breath say ‘but I’m just going to chat to the management and see their perspective on this’ when the only perspective that matters is the person(s) that have been discriminated against. Surely?

Maybe she irritates me that much that’ll I never find her or anything she does genuine.

oh, also interesting how it’s on her stories and will disappear tomorrow...
Agreed with the second para. Tbh I agree it is good she’s said something, but all of these bloggers are just in the “saying something” stages aren’t they, BLM is one big PR and box ticking activity. I’d be far more interested to see how they behave going forward tbh - eg it’s inevitable Anthro’s PR come out with some apology and commitment to do better because #capitalism they need to continue init, is that enough to wipe the slate clean and have Callie back working with them? Like what are her true thresholds? Same applies with work in the future, if you’re about this you’ll be adding inclusivity /CSR conditions to your contract, will she? Will she turn down a holiday cos there’s not enough BAME women on their page? We shall see 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 5
What's that saying ...past behaviour is a good indicator of future behaviour? Knowing how little integrity she has it's not looking good huh !!

Reactions: 2
I bet she’s absolutely gutted, especially because it would have been awful for her career to not say anything. I do think it should have been a grid post. And I hope in the future she doesn’t work with them again.
Also, ‘managers’ ?!!!

• Haha
I bet she’s absolutely gutted, especially because it would have been awful for her career to not say anything. I do think it should have been a grid post. And I hope in the future she doesn’t work with them again.
Also, ‘managers’ ?!!!
Managers! lol 😂 no one what that amount of followers has a manager. witch please ( callie ) who the duck do you think you are

• Haha
Okay everyone here’s a photo of my flat, let’s just forget about that business with the brand I love. 🤬🤬 She’s really pissed me off silence then just doing a one frame story that disappeared in 24 hours, then more silence from her. Also there’s still pics on her grid from her freebie trip with anthropology.
Ps Callie, most people open their windows, make their beds and drink water in the morning.

Reactions: 4
Her latest post. If only everyone had a whole day to lie in their hammock, meditate, open your windows and lie down again

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Another one that gets all poetic and thinks that's enough ! Just words Callie, especially as your 'cleaning house' hasn't extended to cleaning up your job ! Her instagram is still full of all the Anthropolgie work trips surely that should have been the first thing she cleaned up, deleted, removed ? All this self reflection is fabulous but when it's not backed up with actions it becomes meaningless! Perhaps less sunbathing in your hammock and more putting your money where your mouth is might be required!

• Angry
Another one that gets all poetic and thinks that's enough ! Just words Callie, especially as your 'cleaning house' hasn't extended to cleaning up your job ! Her instagram is still full of all the Anthropolgie work trips surely that should have been the first thing she cleaned up, deleted, removed ? All this self reflection is fabulous but when it's not backed up with actions it becomes meaningless! Perhaps less sunbathing in your hammock and more putting your money where your mouth is might be required!
I bet you anything it’s because she’s signed a contract with them saying the posts stay up permanently. if she deleted them she would be breaching the contract and possibly have to payback the money she earned.

• Wow
Reactions: 7