Callie Thorpe - plus sized cringe-fest

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It makes me so cross to see her talking about taking a mortgage holiday after everything she has spent. I have taken one for the next three months as I am on maternity leave and my partner has been furloughed. That combined with moving house just before lockdown has mean we are literally struggling to pay the bills. It’s an absolute joke that she is sitting in her hot tub, using her brand new pizza oven and extortionate bike complaining about finances. I actually really liked Callie before Covid came about but it’s really shown what an entitled, privileged, spoilt brat she is.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
It makes me so cross to see her talking about taking a mortgage holiday after everything she has spent. I have taken one for the next three months as I am on maternity leave and my partner has been furloughed. That combined with moving house just before lockdown has mean we are literally struggling to pay the bills. It’s an absolute joke that she is sitting in her hot tub, using her brand new pizza oven and extortionate bike complaining about finances. I actually really liked Callie before Covid came about but it’s really shown what an entitled, privileged, spoilt brat she is.
She's just so out of touch it is unreal. I would be really interested to know her background and where she has come from.

Reactions: 4
She's just so out of touch it is unreal. I would be really interested to know her background and where she has come from.
she didn’t come from much from what she says, I think she’s talked before about basically being raised by her grandparents and I don’t think they had much money.

Reactions: 3
She always seemed so lovely & down to earth, she came from that era of blogging where it was all just rich girls with DSLRs and lots of money to spend on hauls so was a refreshing slither of normality amongst them all?

I did side eye her working with Anthro as I know a lot of her more political mates are against brands that aren’t wholly inclusive / charge “fat tax” but figured she’s trying to elevate her brand so could understand it...

But the really thoughtless tit about money has shown her up tbh. Although maybe she feels comparatively hard up because none of her blogger mates have mortgages to consider, they’re either in gifted properties or living with parents, but hasn’t got the common sense to keep these thoughts to herself???

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I do like Callie but without her sponsored holidays and events to go to she seems utterly lost. One day fixated on homeware and decorating, another day cooking and baking, then cycling, then makeup, then skincare with random swipe ups scattered in between. Confusing for her audience.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Where is the mortgage holiday stuff...I can’t see it!
She’s deleted it. It was on her stories this morning. It was a selfie of her in her office, smiling and doing a ✌🏼 sign and the caption was basically that - that she will be spending the morning researching payment holidays etc.🙄

Reactions: 3
Her mum got up the duff on holiday in turkey by a waiter in a restaurant*

*or something along those lines.
Spain wasn’t it?

she didn’t come from much from what she says, I think she’s talked before about basically being raised by her grandparents and I don’t think they had much money.
She isn’t from the most affluent area in Wales to be fair. Though there are some nice places in the are.

I do like Callie but without her sponsored holidays and events to go to she seems utterly lost. One day fixated on homeware and decorating, another day cooking and baking, then cycling, then makeup, then skincare with random swipe ups scattered in between. Confusing for her audience.
Actually, this is what I was pondering about - is she trying to rebrand herself as a sort of food/cookery or broader (no pun intended) lifestyle blogger, now the travel has dried up?

I really miss the good old days of plus size fashion blogging (with bloggers like Arched Eyebrow, Callie, DV, Fat Girls Like Nice Clothes Too, Monkey Fatshionista). It was so refreshing seeing their outfits and creativity - now it’s just the same, shallow #Gifted #Ad inane stuff. Such a shame.

Reactions: 10
It’s because overweight people get very tired. Jess Millichamp is the same. Always napping because her poor body is tired from working hard carrying all the excess fat.
As others have said, I really don’t think this has anything to do with her weight so that’s a cheap jibe - more just sheer laziness and probably feeling lethargic from boredom as a result of doing nothing!

I am plus size but do not feel the need to nap like a toddler (and am too busy to do so frankly) ;)

If she were a skinny Minnie Instahun saying she went for a nap, I doubt anyone would have mentioned.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
As others have said, I really don’t think this has anything to do with her weight so that’s a cheap jibe - more just sheer laziness and probably feeling lethargic from boredom as a result of doing nothing!

I am plus size but do not feel the need to nap like a toddler (and am too busy to do so frankly) ;)

If she were a skinny Minnie Instahun saying she went for a nap, I doubt anyone would have mentioned.
agreed, I find on days when I’m not productive and I laze around doing nothing I feel more tired than days where I’m busy and I just get on with things. It’s her lack of activity that is most likely making her tired.

I should have said ‘some overweight people’. Didn’t mean to generalise, sorry.

• Heart