Callie Thorpe - plus sized cringe-fest

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Made me laugh how are the end of that she said "at least I get a cup of tea out of it" .... It's always me, me, me.

Reactions: 3
I find it interesting that she always shares only the healthy foods she eats. Grateful for fruit. I’m sure it’s not just fruit and fresh salads that have led her to get that big.

Surly she’s tucking into more than just fruit and veg during this pandemic. Like the rest of society.

Reactions: 8

I mean I will be honest, I haven’t had time to volunteer as I’ve been working and doing all the shopping for elderly family members. But I haven’t been sat on SM complaining about feeling like a useless piece of shit. It’s been what 7 weeks of lockdown and 9 weeks since her work dried up and she’s just now started looking at volunteering?! Stop whingeing then.

Reactions: 13
They (just walloping a whole load of individuals into a bracket there) talk about chub rub quite a lot. It’s how I am now gratefully aware of various products to use. No mention of the other stuff true, maybe they don’t suffer? I don’t know - is it totally automatic you (one) gets the full package of ailments if you’re overweight? (Genuine question).

Reactions: 1
I really agree with you here! I’m not sure Callie mentions it much but a lot of plus size influencers share tips for chub rub (which my size 12 friends get too when it’s hot!), tips on travel while plus size. I’m a size 22 and I get back pain but usually when I’m stressed but I’m in my 30s so haven’t noticed the joint issues yet but I’m sure it won’t help so I am trying to stay active and healthy.

Reactions: 2
When I’ve been heavily overweight before, which I was after I had my daughter I suffered with really bad back pain. I’m still overweight now but not nearly as heavy as I was. My back plays up a bit but it’s much stronger now because I exercise a lot more.

Callie is most likely at least 9/10 stone over weight and I can’t imagine that her spine, or anyone’s spine is designed to carry that much excessive weight. My doctor put it well to me when I was at my heaviest and said it’s like carrying around a couple of large suitcases with you all the time. It’s going to hurt!

Looked into it then thought nah that’s too much like work, fuck that I’ll just lie in my hammock all day being fed and sprayed with water by Dan

No you don’t necessarily get the whole package, however they’re all quite young and it certainly catches up with you as you get older

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I was really sad to see that Dan wasn't at the top of her list of things to be grateful for. She is so lucky to have someone like him that does everything for her emotionally as well as physically.

Reactions: 7
Begging for a table cloth on her stories. I love when influencers as questions where they could easily google in the hope of a freebie.

Reactions: 10
She used to work at sainsburys. She'd get back in easy if she wanted to 'help' they're calling out for online shoppers, the shift is literally 4 hours long. She can climb back into bed when she's done. Sorted.

Reactions: 8
Begging for a table cloth on her stories. I love when influencers as questions where they could easily google in the hope of a freebie.
I can’t think what she was asking about the other week too, was it an oven or dishwasher or something like that?! Obviously didn’t work as no new appliances have popped up recently

Reactions: 2
Either way I used to really like her sunny attitude and when she seemed really proactive but and was genuinely enthusiastic about stuff she was gifted.

But now she seems so driven by freebies and almost as if it’s taken for granted.

Reactions: 5
With all those freebies she's blagged, if she had any sense, she could package some stuff up for her key worker followers.

Reactions: 4
No I can’t say if a person will get all the ailments but I guess there is a higher percentage that get something. My worry is for my own daughter. These “plus size body positivity ambassadors” (I grouped them again) promote being big and make it look ok. It’s not there are risks. As I said I’m not fat bashing but I worry about their influence.

It’s always seemed a little complicated to me - not providing fat fashion, fat happy safe spaces etc won’t make fat go away, so whilst people have the bodies they have why not tell them about good brands, chub rub solutions, fat exercising etc. But I suppose I am privileged to view the plus size scene simply for fashion reasons (I am boobie rather than fat) - I am not seeking an ambassador who I can decide is telling me it’s glorious and nothing to worry about. Not sure I’ve expressed myself well there.

I can be found wanging on about them not promoting fat a few pages back. I think George, Louise McSharry etc are very frank about the shit you get for being fat. Seems to me like there’s a difference between promotion and saying look, we’re here and we’d like nice clothes please. But as I say, I suppose a lot of it is about the message you’re seeking for yourself?

Reactions: 6