Callie Thorpe #2 Farmers markets and scrubbing veg. Send me an #actifry, PLEASE, I BEG

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is she for real? Story upon story justifying why she has the credentials to be a travel blogger to then end on ‘please follow so we can get to 10K and have the swipe up function’

Even if I had bought into your ‘credentials’ you ruined it with that single sentence! Once again just trying to earn cash off followers. Not trying to show plus sized women they can travel, not trying to give an honest and transparent review, just trying to force money out of naive followers.

Absolute bleeping moron.

(Excuse my language. She just infuriates me SO MUCH)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Is she for real? Story upon story justifying why she has the credentials to be a travel blogger to then end on ‘please follow so we can get to 10K and have the swipe up function’

Even if I had bought into your ‘credentials’ you ruined it with that single sentence! Once again just trying to earn cash off followers. Not trying to show plus sized women they can travel, not trying to give an honest and transparent review, just trying to force money out of naive followers.

Absolute bleeping moron.

(Excuse my language. She just infuriates me SO MUCH)
Oh, lol, I skipped that last story. How irritating! I feel a tit for my former praise now.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Unless I missed it not one of her recent paid freebie holidays generated any content with regards to any difficulties she experienced as a plus size woman.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
It’s like she really feels that she’s having to justify herself. Maybe in the past she gave honest reviews, but your not telling me that someone who gets gifted a £7k plus trip to Sandals in Jamaica will give their honest review about it, as if they’ll ever say its tit/not worth the money (I’ve been....it’s not worth the money) as that’ll have a knock on effect on anything else she gets offered. You can’t be authentic when your on the beg....I think that’s where it’s started to go wrong for her (amongst other things) Same with all the face creams she’s been flogging, she cannot be giving and honest review on any of them, she’s chopping and changing too much....I actually messaged Beauty Pie and told them they shouldn’t be using influencers who are only after a pound, they’re not doing them any favours.....especially when they swap onto new products within weeks, if not days
Did they respond back to you ? 🤔

Reactions: 1
Did they respond back to you ? 🤔
Nope. Messaged them and commented on their insta. Got a few comments from others saying exactly the same (mentioning others I don’t follow) but they didn’t acknowledge any of us. I think they missed the mark doing that. None of the ones I saw explained the concept at all.

• Angry
Reactions: 4
So can you only get swipe up function if you have 10k followers? And isn’t the swipe up only usually used to flog stuff? So she’s basically saying follow my page so I can do swipe up to make money?

Reactions: 9
So can you only get swipe up function if you have 10k followers? And isn’t the swipe up only usually used to flog stuff? So she’s basically saying follow my page so I can do swipe up to make money?
That’s it in a nutshell.....and to get more free stuff....so on the beg again

She should have left it at please follow us

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I actually thought her stories just now about travel were good, they were like an elevator pitch for her (and Dan&I's) work. This obviously is a difficult time for the travel industry so I'm not convinced that she will get much work off the back of it, but good on her for showing some of the beautiful shots they've taken.

But what this doesn't excuse is the begging for homewares and lifestyle product "recommendations". If Callie wants travel as her niche, I'm fine with that, but I don't also want to see gifted Anthropologie dresses and Miele white goods or whatever.

I don't think anyone should be having their cake and eating it too, especially while so many people are struggling.
Agreed completely!

Also find it weird she thinks investing in a drone, go pro, and camera means it makes sense she gets gifted these holidays as she can provide services for a brand...? We own all of those things too, a lot of people do they’re mass market items not passports to freebies 🥴 We’ve given property owners (a few of them are friends tbh) our footage and/or pictures for free and they’ve been used on their site. If a property wants those assets they’d just pay a photographer to create them, not an influencer, so just found that line of argument really bizarre?

In summary though stop reading here it clearly really bothers you! I don’t dislike her by any means I just dislike the industry & think she’s such a clear example of how it corrupts all? I used to really enjoy her content - and I’m not even plus size - but now she’s sunk to become a gross grabby like the rest of them ☹

• Heart
Dan&I got a bit chunkier too.... Must be all the purple cabbage.

I mean, cauliflower.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Nope. Messaged them and commented on their insta. Got a few comments from others saying exactly the same (mentioning others I don’t follow) but they didn’t acknowledge any of us. I think they missed the mark doing that. None of the ones I saw explained the concept at all.
It's one of those usual things they all receive around the same time, do a post on without actually using the products for a period of time, create a swipe up link so they can profit off the freebie item and then move onto the next latest best thing that is sent to them for free ! It's misleading and tbh I'm surprised there isn't an organisation monitoring their behaviour.

Agreed completely!

Also find it weird she thinks investing in a drone, go pro, and camera means it makes sense she gets gifted these holidays as she can provide services for a brand...? We own all of those things too, a lot of people do they’re mass market items not passports to freebies 🥴 We’ve given property owners (a few of them are friends tbh) our footage and/or pictures for free and they’ve been used on their site. If a property wants those assets they’d just pay a photographer to create them, not an influencer, so just found that line of argument really bizarre?

In summary though stop reading here it clearly really bothers you! I don’t dislike her by any means I just dislike the industry & think she’s such a clear example of how it corrupts all? I used to really enjoy her content - and I’m not even plus size - but now she’s sunk to become a gross grabby like the rest of them ☹
Her behaviour during lockdown has shown her up massively....

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So she pays for things herself? Ok cool? Want to give us a breakdown of that? So we know how long we have to save up for in order to experience what you have? No you can’t because you don’t pay for anything and they give you a special service.

Also it takes time to edit and film?! Errr yer most jobs do that a period of time to complete. My sets of accounts don’t just magically appear done?!

Why do these bloggers fee they have to explain how working works?! We get it, we all do it!

• Heart
Sorry to be pernickety but have you guys noticed that she doesn’t wear her wedding ring anymore? Dan does but she never seems to :-/

Reactions: 3
So because I travel alot, if I posted lots of pics from my trips I too could leave my unrelated job to be paid to go on free holidays?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
said this previously but she was receptionist when I had a meeting at her company

bleeping useless

So because I travel alot, if I posted lots of pics from my trips I too could leave my unrelated job to be paid to go on free holidays?

Reactions: 6
I travel a lot for work. Internationally. I usually have a tiny amount of time to explore the immediate area my hotel is in. Am I a travel blogger too!? duck off Callie.

If she was willing to use her platform as a way to actually engage with the plus size community specifically with a focus on travel, limitations, hardships etc that would be one thing. But she doesn’t — she just wants to explore unbothered with Dan&i and post a filtered picture to IG like every other boring insta hun 😴

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So wait..the free luxury holidays are to let fat people like myself know that I too can go to Jamaica, in a luxury oversea bungalow. witch please! I'm lucky if I can afford squeeze my arse into a Ryanair seat and eat the same all inclusive food for 7 nights and drink free cheap brandies whilst sleeping on a 2 inch bed with one pillow and a cleaner that comes once a week!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15