Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
I might be wrong as I was born in the 90’s and can only really go off programmes and stories I’ve heard but I couldn’t help compare the attitudes of his family & Doctor Turner to what was shown in It’s a Sin. Considering it was still illegal back then are we really supposed to believe they’d be so understanding and compassionate in the sixties.

Reactions: 15

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
Less of the Turners and more miwives/nuns. If also like it to be less twee and politically correct. If like to see more gritty storylines and a better reflection of attitudes of the times. Everyone is too accepting and liberal!

Reactions: 15

Aussie

VIP Member
Trixie & the Widow are certainly going to get together in the Xmas episode. And can I just say I bloody love Nurse Crane

• Heart
Reactions: 14

petitspois

VIP Member
You would think the writer would be embarrassed, shoving the man miracle that is Dr Turner into the main story of every single episode but, no, he pops up everywhere.

Remember that ten year review show that was on last year? he presented it as if he actually WAS Dr Turner.

• Haha
  • Heart

ATV2021

VIP Member
I call Phylis being secretly preggers and giving birth in the middle of Nonatus House 🤣

• Haha

brandambassador

VIP Member
My prediction is that Dr Turner got a blow to the head and he wakes up with an idea to cure covid 19 as he can also see into the future xx 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

Lizzie Mintdrop

VIP Member
I think one of the really big problems with the show is shoehorning Dr Turner into every storyline, he had no business being the police surgeon last week. It definitely takes away from the show, wasting time with him being in every episode, so we don't get as deep into the storyline and there's less character development because precious minutes are diverted to him, saving the world one novel medical treatment at a time.

Also, the wokeness is a huge problem, I just don't think midwives or Drs were so understanding or sympathetic. I thought the explanation of scabies was really patronising in Sunday's episode, they don't credit the audience with much intelligence.

I'm finding it to be patronising, surely the audience can understand that people weren't so open minded and understanding over 50 years ago and if we don't know what an infection is we can google it.

I agree, that covid distancing rules are affecting it, especially with Lucille and Cyril, could they not do what some of the soaps have done and have the cast isolate so that they could have some closeness between the newly weds. I completely understand and accept that we aren't seeing the main cast hold the babies but surely we could see the Lucille and Cyril on the same side of the room.

I still keep tuning in each week it's on for now but if it carries on like it is, I'll switch off

• Heart

Babybail93

VIP Member
Oh fucking hell. After the clips for next week I’m assuming Dr Turner is single handedly going to invent the MMR jab 😒

• Haha

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
The earlier series we’re very gritty and sometimes dark which makes sense as they were a memoir of Nurse Lee. Since they’ve started writing their own stories I agree it has more a ‘heartbeat’ feel to it.
They have a lot more happy endings than they used to. I don't think it's always necessary to wrap a story up neatly with a happy ending. I also enjoy storylines with recurring characters. I'd like to see some of the women appearing in more than one series, having second and third babies.

Tea Cosy

I am still in the CTM fb group and the women there are obsessives. It's quite funny.
Oh my word, that Facebook group! 😖 I had to remove myself from it as I found it unbearable. I've never seen such sycophantic hysterical emotional women. Some posted that they start crying as soon as the theme tune starts and they can't stop until after the programme has finished! When a series ends, they sound almost suicidal!! Any hint of negativity about the programme and there's a pile-on of nastiness to the poster. That's why I'm glad I found Tattle Life as I'm amongst level-headed people where balanced opinions are welcome.

• Haha
  • Wow

BigMavis

VIP Member
Midwives assemble... let's see what medical marvel Dr Turner will discover tonight. I think Trixie speaks for us all....

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Aussie

VIP Member
Poor Lucille & Cyril, I imagine the topic of miscarriages were not talked about back then

• Heart

amelieamelie

Instead of "mature Jenny" narrating at the beginning and end of every episode, it should be mature Dr Turner at this point 😂

• Haha

50sGirl

VIP Member
Omg just caught up. What an episode!!!!! Just what we needed I was starting to get bored. I wonder if this is the end for sister julienne?! No way will Turner die
BIB
If he does die, don’t worry, his wife will write his resurrection into a future storyline. The Second Coming. 😁

• Haha
  • Heart