Call the Midwife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They do like to add a shock death. I'm still not over Barbara tbh
I'll never get over Barbara's death although I think the impact of it on Tom and Phyllis is what really got me about it. As much as I liked her character, Phyllis is the best! Her crying on the steps of Nonnatus House had me 😭

Reactions: 13
I'll never get over Barbara's death although I think the impact of it on Tom and Phyllis is what really got me about it. As much as I liked her character, Phyllis is the best! Her crying on the steps of Nonnatus House had me 😭
And the music that accompanied that scene aswell. Ruined me lol even now when I watch again and know what's coming

Reactions: 2
This weeks was slightly better but am I alone in thinking some of the exterior train scenes looked like somebodys hornby circuit?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
This weeks was slightly better but am I alone in thinking some of the exterior train scenes looked like somebodys hornby circuit?
Yes, I'm sure they used a miniature train set to film the crash, even the scene in poplar were we saw the explosion looked very poor. Obviously used the budget on the dolly in a highchair.

I know someone who worked there - won't give any info on the final episode because I don't think it's fair. I will try and answer any questions that I discovered though.
How did they keep it secret?
Don't spoil it but what did your friend say.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I know someone who worked there - won't give any info on the final episode because I don't think it's fair. I will try and answer any questions that I discovered though.
You can put it in as a spoiler so people only see if they choose to click on it

Reactions: 3
Yes, I'm sure they used a miniature train set to film the crash, even the scene in poplar were we saw the explosion looked very poor. Obviously used the budget on the dolly in a highchair.

How did they keep it secret?
Don't spoil it but what did your friend say.
Cast members don't give plot spoilers away in interviews and I think all interviews were given before the christmas special.

Also the train crash was filmed in October very late into the night but some members of the public did see some of the cast.
Do I need a big box of tissues!
I always have a box at the ready on a Sunday night.
You can put it in as a spoiler so people only see if they choose to click on it
That's how things get leaked and I don't think it's fair. Sorry.

Reactions: 3
Omg just caught up. What an episode!!!!! Just what we needed I was starting to get bored. I wonder if this is the end for sister julienne?! No way will Turner die

Omg just caught up. What an episode!!!!! Just what we needed I was starting to get bored. I wonder if this is the end for sister julienne?! No way will Turner die
BIB
If he does die, don’t worry, his wife will write his resurrection into a future storyline. The Second Coming. 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
If Turner dies then I’ll have respect for the writer, bumping off her husband.
I bet he’ll perform an amazing rescue and be awarded an OBE.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I thought it was good to finally have a dramatic storyline as I felt it was getting a bit stale. It ended on a cliffhanger, it's being spread over two episodes and the next episode will be the series finale - things which will make us all wonder how it will play out on Sunday night.

Anxiously waiting until Sunday and it cannot come quick enough. I've never been this invested in the program since Shelagh was still Sister Bernadette and I was anxiously waiting if she and Doctor Turner got together. I'm thinking it might be the end of Sister Julienne as I don't see them killing off Doctor Turner- though I'd be surprised and interested to see what it does to the family. I'm thinking that they might do a surprise death, I'm hoping that it is not Phylis or I will join the mob that goes to BBC studios.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.