Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mustard

VIP Member
Shoehorning Dr. Turner in everywhere is nepotism by the writer, his wife.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

BigMavis

VIP Member
Loved it, sister Hilda and her lethal rum punch had me cackling and then everyone trying to make it up to bed. Relatable.

Reactions: 16

eyespybs123

Chatty Member
I think that was the first ever episode of CTM that I haven't cried at. Everyone's just far too accepting and the story lines don't go deep. I feel if this had been an episode in the early series, Miss Higgins would have had recurring nightmares/PTSD, there would have been more storyline with the shoplifting- maybe the woman's son being involved in the burglary, far more police and social work involvement, even the baby being taken away😢 And the woman with cervical cancer wouldn't have had such a nice husband who just accept not having babies. All far too feel good and fairytale compared to early series. Really disappointing 😢

Last edited:

Babybail93

VIP Member
I used to love Shelagh, but even she gets on my tits now. With her saviour approach to everything

petitspois

VIP Member
I think they should have Dr Turner break his leg next series and have Timothy stand in. They can bump him off then and Timothy can be the GP but without the God complex.

• Haha

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
I swear to god if Phyllis is the one that dies I’m organising a Tattle outing we’re off to Heidi’s for answers

• Haha

Tea Cosy

together with an anecdote about how he was once gay, I swear dr T has a personal story to tell everyone hahahaha
Yes that's true. Whatever his patients are going through, he's always got his own personal experience to share with them. Remember that episode when the married dad-to-be was caught in a gents toilet and charged with indecent exposure? Dr Turner told Sheila how he'd seen his army comrades have same-sex relations during WW2. He gave some lecture about men who needed physical comfort or who were hiding a secret life. He's seen it all hasn't he, such a worldly man!

• Haha

brandambassador

VIP Member
Just caught up on last night. The 2 meter social distancing is as obvious 🤣 it’s not as bad in any other show!! The leg sweet Christ almighty 😵💫😵💫😳😵💫!
It’s hopping too much trying to be woke & then sticks back to the time.
an unmarried mother to be, hiding her bump & having to get married before baby’s born to keep her singing career…. Then a 360 on let’s help the homeless.
Half expecting a trans gender teen to pop up next week & for Dr Turner to carry out the first 1960s surgery to convert a penis into a vagina!

• Haha

petitspois

VIP Member
Completely agree, they touched on racism a little and were quite sensitive but everybody learned from the experience and they all lived happily ever after.
They tackled grittier issues early on in the series, maybe its because its pre watershed or a "family" show 🤔.
Anyway there is no way that a doctor was listening to a nurse or midwife in that era. None. We never see those attitudes just lovely earnest dr Turner.

And also when I watched it back Trixie is a virgin.
Dr Turner and Shelagh have turned into CBeebies characters these days. The worst you see of them is mild exasperation. Dr Turner must have been the only doctor to be sympathetic to mental health in the 1960s. He should be Sainted.

Reactions: 15

Jumpindesia

VIP Member
Apparently the real life nuns who this show was based off worked in community nursing and drug addicts/homeless/ people in poverty once all the babies were born in hospitals in the 70's & 80's...that could be interesting TV.

hogwartsgraduate

Chatty Member
I couldn't connect with the police woman, can't put my finger on why that was. I'm not sure her attitude and demeanor 'was of the time' maybe, or perhaps it was just the hair style lol!

petitspois

VIP Member
They need to get rid of Heidi Thomas. What used to be gritty and life affirming in it's early seasons is now twee and too right on. The production company need to bring in some new blood.

Oh and send Dr Turner on some sort of retreat for a year.

• Heart

BigMavis

VIP Member
Helen George was getting criticism for being pregnant during filming, it was unprofessional apparently. People are crazy and CTM fans are the craziest 😳

• Wow
  • Haha

BigMavis

VIP Member
Die hard fan of CTM but I agree its gone a bit stale. A character always delivers a monologue with a moral message, feels a bit preachy. Trixie is flirting with husbands. I don't really get the point of the two newbie nuns. We need more Phyllis. My children love MJ, I do not but I let it slide cos she's ancient.
Bring back Chummy etc, they don't really need to stick to the book now, is old Jenny still doing the narration?
I still haven't recovered from Sister Evangelinas death after all these years.

• Heart

Django

VIP Member
Can someone diagnose Dr. Turner's neck problem, it seems to be stuck in an awkward leaning to the left, faux sympathy pose. He looks like a constipated pigeon. It must come from being the husband of the writer but I've just caught up with last night's episode and loved all the babies in prams in the Easter outfits :love:

• Haha