Call The Midwife #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My Mum was almost drowned by her first husband in the 60s but she escaped and got help. The police were called and my mum returned to the house to get some clothes, she was soaking wet, clearly traumatised and the policemen were laughing and joking with her husband on the doorstep, one copper laughing as he said, I bet that shook her up. This was one of many incidents.

Very few people actually wanted to help in those days and even fewer people could help. My mum couldn't get a tenancy as a single mum and wasn't allowed to buy anything on HP because businesses didn't like doing trade with divorced women. I'm glad this has been highlighted here, it often annoys me how they show everyone as enlightened back then, when they weren't. Lots of women suffered needlessly
Total nightmare, but I can sometimes detect the coppers behaviour below the surface, they say all the right things but deep down they are thinking "you probably deserved a hiding you Tart" lookf at that multiple sick rapist who was in the Met for years, he was probably their hero!! Its still a man's world.

Reactions: 10
Total nightmare, but I can sometimes detect the coppers behaviour below the surface, they say all the right things but deep down they are thinking "you probably deserved a hiding you Tart" lookf at that multiple sick rapist who was in the Met for years, he was probably their hero!! Its still a man's world.
Yes, lots of them are perpetrators of DV themselves, and they cover it up for each other. A super complaint was made in March 2020 about it. It's disgusting that the people who are supposed to protect us don't really care about protecting us

Reactions: 5
Yes, lots of them are perpetrators of DV themselves, and they cover it up for each other. A super complaint was made in March 2020 about it. It's disgusting that the people who are supposed to protect us don't really care about protecting us
Truly deplorable...:(

Reactions: 4
What happened to Sister Monica Joan’s dementia? It’s no longer mentioned or was it a mis-diagnosis?

Reactions: 6
Hi. Just joined. I won't watch CTM till tomorrow on catch up. However please don't say Reggie is poorly 😒

I always wondered when scans came about. I thought it was at least 90s 🙈

Reactions: 4
This could be a false flag, Heidi likes to lull us into a nice episode and hit us with surprise tragedy.

• Wow
Undiagnosed twins. When exactly did they invent scans?
An ex boyfriend of mine was an undiagnosed twin and he is in his 40s now… my mum has a scan picture of me later on in pregnancy I’m 45 so in 1977, so must have been around this time

Undiagnosed twins. When exactly did they invent scans?
The 70’s I think.

My nan had two sets of twins, one set in the late 50’s & one in the early 60’s. Both were confirmed before birth via x ray, although I don’t think X-ray was encouraged.

Reactions: 6
My mum had her babies in the 80s and she had scans but they were basic and they never told you the gender of the baby back then as they couldn't be accurate...

My mum had her babies in the 80s and she had scans but they were basic and they never told you the gender of the baby back then as they couldn't be accurate...
Yeah my brothers were born in the 80’s and my mum said she had scans, but couldn’t find out the sex.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.