Call The Midwife #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No way. It’s only been a crime for twenty years😡😡
I know. I saw 1991 first and was horrified by that, but that was just like the start of the discussions to change the law....which then happened in 2003. Absolute madness that when I was born in the 80s...it was LEGAL still

Reactions: 4
I already knew that about the law when you were married. It was awful that women were treated that way.

my mum was violently physically assaulted by her ex husband when they were still married, but separated and the police would not get involved. This was the 80’s.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Shelagh asking but what about your mental breakdown, just made me choke 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It’s a shame they never kept the woman from the Christmas special as a recurrent character as a friend for Reggie.

Reactions: 9
I thought I was paying attention.
I'm with the disorderly conduct person above, they're not hurting Reggie.
You know who I think they will hurt? Fred.
If we were able to change our usernames on here I’d defo change mine to disorderly conduct person 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My Mum was almost drowned by her first husband in the 60s but she escaped and got help. The police were called and my mum returned to the house to get some clothes, she was soaking wet, clearly traumatised and the policemen were laughing and joking with her husband on the doorstep, one copper laughing as he said, I bet that shook her up. This was one of many incidents.

Very few people actually wanted to help in those days and even fewer people could help. My mum couldn't get a tenancy as a single mum and wasn't allowed to buy anything on HP because businesses didn't like doing trade with divorced women. I'm glad this has been highlighted here, it often annoys me how they show everyone as enlightened back then, when they weren't. Lots of women suffered needlessly

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
I have a feeling Trixie might be leaving after this series.
Good. She's getting on my nerves now. Her little airhead girl personality just doesn't wash anymore.
Nurse crane is just the best isn't she. The woman can do no wrong. Only right things. She is just always right.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think he went to the Matthew McFaddyen school of acting! 😆
Ah yes, the well-known scool of Wooden ( full name Pretty Wooden) where you get by on your good looks annd charm, whilst having the acting range and capabilies of a piece of timber!
I do think the guy playing Trixie’s future husband is pretty easy on the eye, but yeah, not the best at acting!

Reactions: 6
Good. She's getting on my nerves now. Her little airhead girl personality just doesn't wash anymore.
Nurse crane is just the best isn't she. The woman can do no wrong. Only right things. She is just always right.
Nurse Crane is just amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.