Call The Midwife #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But then you have invested time in it, in the hope it gets better, maybe before the end it will go back to basics
No, it’s over. They’re advertising it on radio 4 with a comforting twee soundtrack. This means a) it’s losing viewers hand over fist and b) they’re positioning it as a cosy Heartbeat drama. The abortions, miscarriages and grim reality of women’s healthcare and housing have been ditched in favour of more feelgood Dr Turner and co

Reactions: 12
I just googled it and the first series got ratings of 10.4 million and the last episode got 6.3 million.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
No, it’s over. They’re advertising it on radio 4 with a comforting twee soundtrack. This means a) it’s losing viewers hand over fist and b) they’re positioning it as a cosy Heartbeat drama. The abortions, miscarriages and grim reality of women’s healthcare and housing have been ditched in favour of more feelgood Dr Turner and co
A shame really it was a brilliant show when it started, no doubt to be replaced by more reality rubbish. No matter how much we fight women are still treated as second class citizens omo.

Reactions: 8
I've not even watched Sunday's ep yet, that's how bothered I am! I was too busy binging The Traitors S1!

Reactions: 1
As someone mentioned previously with the older seasons I would shed a tear most episodes but now nothing. The last episode that I think really got me was back in 2022 when the foot of the homeless man came off with the boot/shoe.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
After I watched the first episode this series I watched the first two from the first series. The difference is stark. I’m 2 episodes in and although we’ve ‘Dr Turner’s been called’ but not been see. Yet. The writing is more real, scenes are grittier and more believable. Sheilagh is still Sister Bernadette and is more bareable. The outdoor set is grimy, dirty and depicts the docks of the EastEnd. Weather is grey and not sunny and sparkly as it is now. It’s strayed so far from its roots that it is unrecognisable. such a shame, it used to be unmissable.

Reactions: 10
As someone mentioned previously with the older seasons I would shed a tear most episodes but now nothing. The last episode that I think really got me was back in 2022 when the foot of the homeless man came off with the boot/shoe.
That episode really got me too, I couldn't stop thinking about it afterwards.
Nancy's reaction was so believable.

Reactions: 3
The thing that annoys me now about CTM is that previous storylines are never mentioned again.
In a much earlier series Fred had an adult daughter who wasn’t happy when he married Violet.
Why wasn’t she shown visiting her critically ill father? She wasn’t even mentioned. Poor writing.
He had two daughters and grandsons that have never been mentioned again, and Violet mentioned her son once and then never again!

I hate what they've done to Trixie. Where is the trixie that performed a c-section (as unrealistic as that was)? who strongly advocated for women's health and abortion rights, even going on the radio to debate it, who fought so hard to be sober..and she's now been reduced to shopping for sofa's and calling herself Lady Aylward.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Stephen mcgann was so good as Sean on emmerdale. I dont know what's happened!

Reactions: 2
I'm missing it. My mother I'm law decided to come round and she won't shut up!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yeah I’m enjoying this episode too.
My grandad had TB and spent months in hospital after he and my grandma got married. ❤ My mum came over from Ireland in 1969 and started her nursing training.
Oooh I wonder where this Matthew storyline is going.

Reactions: 5
Wasn't that one of his multiple brothers?
OMG SHUT NO HE IS NOT ONE IF THOSE MCGANNS 😳 (yes, I’m late to the party with realising this, clearly 🤦‍♀️ but they were being talked about on one of my rugby podcasts the other week and I was like who tf are they 😂😂😂😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.