Call The Midwife #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing that annoys me now about CTM is that previous storylines are never mentioned again.
In a much earlier series Fred had an adult daughter who wasn’t happy when he married Violet.
Why wasn’t she shown visiting her critically ill father? She wasn’t even mentioned. Poor writing.
Tbf I know he said one lived abroad and the other wasn't local (both been shown in various series - the other one was around series 2 I think? When chummy has her baby)

I remember watching the first episode years ago and I was so excited Minty from eastenders was in it 🤣
I remember first seeing Minty he was a nasty scum landlord then he became a regulator who everyone loved.

Reactions: 4
The whole Fred storyline didn't really do it for me because I knew there was no way they were going to bump him off. A few series ago it would have really tugged on my heartstrings but I haven't cried at CTM for at least the last 2 series. And I used to cry every week!

Reactions: 3
Vanessa Redgrave sounded deranged on the voiceover at the end.

Do they bring her in once a year to make sappy statements I’m intrigued 😂

Reactions: 7
I do feel like we are talk about it less and less on here each week which is telling.
Also hasn't Reggie called Violet and Fred Mum and Dad for years, all of a sudden it switched back to there names tonight!? 🤷‍♀️
I don't like the Reggie character anymore. Up until last season he was a really lovely young man and now he has become an entitled twit - which is just not what would have happened.

Someone really needs a word with the writers on CTM - they are desperately trying to drag the series up to woke 2024 expectations and it just doesn't work.

Reactions: 12
I've given up on it. The first few series were wonderful - my reckoning, they should have stopped when Barbara left, although maybe a couple more episodes with Phyllis's reaction would have been okay. The last two/three series have been soapy.
---
I've given up on it. The first few series were wonderful - my reckoning, they should have stopped when Barbara left, although maybe a couple more episodes with Phyllis's reaction would have been okay. The last two/three series have been soapy.

Reactions: 6
The opportunity for Dr "I know it all" Turner to don his cape on Sunday night was when Violet asked him why Fred was on the ventilator and what its function was. All those doctors and nurses in the hospital ward and it didn't cross Violet's mind to put that question to one of them?!

Reactions: 6
The opportunity for Dr "I know it all" Turner to don his cape on Sunday night was when Violet asked him why Fred was on the ventilator and what its function was. All those doctors and nurses in the hospital ward and it didn't cross Violet's mind to put that question to one of them?!
this absolutely sent me, as if violet wouldn’t understand why he was on that after knowing he was struggling to breathe 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I wish they'd just bump Violet off tbh, can't flippin stand her 🫣😅

I'm getting bored of all the side stories now, I want more focus back on the midwives and the gritty, real events they deal with that aren't just bringing a bonny baby wrapped up with a bow every episode

I agree about Violet but, as a previous poster said, she was really typical of that era - a bulky judgmental woman.

Reactions: 8
I agree about Violet but, as a previous poster said, she was really typical of that era - a bulky judgmental woman.
I also agree she reminds me a bit of Sister Evangelina played by Pam Ferris in earlier episodes she used to annoy me but she was true to the time period.
When Violet said the flats where the best in poplar while covered in damp it felt like something that would been said of the time.
The show does have glimpses of what it was but I had how every episode has to end with a pretty bow around it.

I’m just catching up with the first episode of this series and can’t believe how bad it is. It’s nothing like it was. The acting and storylines and toe curling. Does it get better?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.