Caitlinandleahh #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the difference is that the wedding was Caitlin’s day and he went for that. The funeral wasn’t Caitlin’s funeral and he has no link whatsoever to her mum 20+ years later.

Not to mention if he left her mum like she’s said, what would the rest of her mum’s family think if he turned up?? Surely he wouldn’t be welcome after that.
No link except a whole child?

Reactions: 3
I think the difference is that the wedding was Caitlin’s day and he went for that. The funeral wasn’t Caitlin’s funeral and he has no link whatsoever to her mum 20+ years later.

Not to mention if he left her mum like she’s said, what would the rest of her mum’s family think if he turned up?? Surely he wouldn’t be welcome after that.
This exactly. I can imagine if he is the way she says he is and in and out of her life, neither her Mum nor the rest of her family would be keen on seeing him.

Reactions: 7
No link except a whole child?
No link to the woman he left when she had cancer 20odd years ago, no. It doesn’t sound like they were friends or he really had much to do with her since he left. Loads of divorced parents don’t have any contact or relationship other than custody related matters and Caitlin is a full adult now, there’d be no need for them to be in contact.

Yes, they should obviously be civil with each other at events like the wedding but if the roles were reversed her mum would have had no obligation to attend his funeral and he had no obligation to attend hers.

ETA: and when my mum died my dad didn’t attend her funeral. They’d been split up for ages (not as long as Caitlin’s parents actually) and they’d not spoken in all that time. My sister and I were adults and didn’t expect him to go, why would we? He had no relationship or link to her anymore.

Reactions: 15
Caitlin’s made it very clear her dad was not in the picture.
He parent separated when she was 5 (possible before)
they’ve been spectated for over 20 years i don’t think they have connections think he would be the last person Caitlin’s family want to see.
I also don’t remember seeing him in the wedding videos (also please correct me if I’m wrong on any of the facts :). )

Attachments

Reactions: 9
Caitlin’s made it very clear her dad was not in the picture.
He parent separated when she was 5 (possible before)
they’ve been spectated for over 20 years i don’t think they have connections think he would be the last person Caitlin’s family want to see.
I also don’t remember seeing him in the wedding videos (also please correct me if I’m wrong on any of the facts :). )
It’s all for attention, weirdos

Reactions: 5
The whole setting up a camera to cry and film a Tiktok is so weird
Right?!?! Not even any tears on today's video 🙈 just hands over eyes singly pretend-sobbing!

And what's with doing all these recent videos alone? Anyone would think she's single! Even the video of taking blood to test the gender of the baby, which you'd think Leah would want be be involved in, was 99% her by herself.

She's either doing all alone for attention / sympathy, of things are not well in marriage-land. Or both 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 16
The whole setting up a camera to cry and film a Tiktok is so weird
omg I had to find this thread just to say this! Imagine setting the camera up, sitting for twenty minutes “dry crying”, watching it back, editing it, thinking “yep, that’s the one”, and then posting it… My mind is blown, it’s so so bizarre. Not EVERYTHING has to be a tiktok video 😭

Reactions: 19
No link to the woman he left when she had cancer 20odd years ago, no. It doesn’t sound like they were friends or he really had much to do with her since he left. Loads of divorced parents don’t have any contact or relationship other than custody related matters and Caitlin is a full adult now, there’d be no need for them to be in contact.

Yes, they should obviously be civil with each other at events like the wedding but if the roles were reversed her mum would have had no obligation to attend his funeral and he had no obligation to attend hers.

ETA: and when my mum died my dad didn’t attend her funeral. They’d been split up for ages (not as long as Caitlin’s parents actually) and they’d not spoken in all that time. My sister and I were adults and didn’t expect him to go, why would we? He had no relationship or link to her anymore.
I’m so sorry for your loss but honestly your dad not going is really sad - of course he had a link to your mum through you and your sister. My sisters dad went to our mums funeral even though they’d been divorced for 30+ years. He went to pay respects and to support my sister. She is quite a bit older than me (I’m second marriage baby) and she’s married with kids but I think no matter how old you are, you still want your parents when something awful happens.

Just saying it as it is - It’s really selfish of the surviving parent to not go (or at least offer to go) to the funeral, pay their respects to someone who meant a lot to them at one point and support their child through a terrible time.

Would her mum even want him there? I wouldn't want the man who abandoned me while I was fighting cancer and left my 5 year old daughter with an unimaginable burden. I wouldn't want that man any where near my funeral. I would trust my child's partner and other family members that I did love to be enough of a support system for them

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’m so sorry for your loss but honestly your dad not going is really sad - of course he had a link to your mum through you and your sister. My sisters dad went to our mums funeral even though they’d been divorced for 30+ years. He went to pay respects and to support my sister. She is quite a bit older than me (I’m second marriage baby) and she’s married with kids but I think no matter how old you are, you still want your parents when something awful happens.

Just saying it as it is - It’s really selfish of the surviving parent to not go (or at least offer to go) to the funeral, pay their respects to someone who meant a lot to them at one point and support their child through a terrible time.
i get what you’re saying but if she has said that her & her sister didn’t expect their dad to go and hold no ill will towards him over it i don’t think it’s for any of us to say how sad and selfish it is. all family dynamics are different.

Reactions: 8
Would her mum even want him there? I wouldn't want the man who abandoned me while I was fighting cancer and left my 5 year old daughter with an unimaginable burden. I wouldn't want that man any where near my funeral. I would trust my child's partner and other family members that I did love to be enough of a support system for them
Exactly, I don’t think it was sad or selfish of my dad not to go - my mum would have been LIVID from beyond the grave if he’d rocked up. The rest of her family and friends wouldn’t have been best pleased either, and while acrimonious AF their split was a far less crappy situation than a man leaving a woman with cancer and a five year old.

If it’s a very young child and they actively want the other parent there that’s totally different obviously, but I genuinely don’t think someone has a responsibility to go to someone’s funeral if they’ve not spoken in decades as it sounds like in Caitlin’s case and was in my case.

If they’ve stayed friends or something that’s different and then not turning up would be sad, but I don’t think it helps anyone for the other parent to show up under duress out of some obligation and especially not if it’s likely to cause tension on such a hard day anyway.

Reactions: 9
i get what you’re saying but if she has said that her & her sister didn’t expect their dad to go and hold no ill will towards him over it i don’t think it’s for any of us to say how sad and selfish it is. all family dynamics are different.
Yeah I suppose you are right, I just thought I’d point out there is a link no matter how people like to pretend there isn’t.

clearly Caitlin wanted her dad there from her post, a lot of people seem to be forgetting that her dad ‘allegedly’ said the flights for the holiday were too good to miss implying he booked it last minute and chose to do that rather than support his daughter?

Reactions: 4
Yeah I suppose you are right, I just thought I’d point out there is a link no matter how people like to pretend there isn’t.

clearly Caitlin wanted her dad there from her post, a lot of people seem to be forgetting that her dad ‘allegedly’ said the flights for the holiday were too good to miss implying he booked it last minute and chose to do that rather than support his daughter?
A link does assume it was good terms though which it sounds like it wasn’t. Otherwise if a child is a link, an abusive former partner should be allowed to rock up to their ex’s funeral if they had children because there is a “link”.

In an ideal world she’d have got what she wanted and he sounds like generally a tit dad but it’s not an ideal world and you have to set your expectations according to reality. Plus while she may have wanted him there, all the link people are ignoring that the rest of her mum’s family may well not have, and it certainly doesn’t sound like her mum would have wanted him there - and their wishes should be taken into account also. Caitlin didn’t own her mum and she’s not a child.

She’s definitely angling for a hospital admission for hyperemesis
I’ve never heard of somebody having such extreme symptoms so very early on but I guess every illness has to be dramatic with her

Reactions: 10
I’ve never heard of somebody having such extreme symptoms so very early on but I guess every illness has to be dramatic with her
She’ll get the wheelchair back oot

• Haha
Reactions: 17
To be fair I had hyperemesis with my first and from the day I found out I was sick all day every day couldn't keep anything down and was in hospital on a drip at least once a fortnight throughout.
However don't quite belive hers is this bad if she can manage to get up and do a full face of makeup for tik tok 😅

Reactions: 10
i was really sick & nauseous from
weeks 5-9 but after week 9 it subsided. nowhere near hyperemises level though, i don’t think. she’s so dramatic

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.