Caitlin Moran #did not stay at home.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Both names she’s pronouncing in her own quirky way
What I meant was that her family probably pronounce it the English way because they’re not from Ireland, they are of Irish descent.
Edits due to posting too soon

Reactions: 3
Marriage certificates are very old school - don’t they still not have mothers names on? Only fathers 🙄

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Thank god I found this thread, I thought it was only me who thought all this!! How does she still have that Times column, its absolute drivel!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I can’t say I’ve ever read it. I was just bemused by the little girl gang of backscratchers

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The worst thing about her column is that you can tell that she thinks it is truly groundbreaking or something. Her writing (and whole personality, to be fair) is very much stuck in that late 90s “I’m mad, me! Woooo BUM SEX” persona.

She’s so incredibly out of touch, you can see it when she calls herself the first “feminist” to have written about removing pubic hair and eating disorders. She’s started doing this thing now she’s obviously noted she’s a bit out of touch, so she does the whole “oh hahaha I’m SO OLD AND RUBBISH” mixed with the aforementioned soooo zany and rude routine, and the end result is nothing of substance, just a lot of silly, un-funny, un-shocking and unrelatable fluff.

It’s like she cannot let go of the fact she used to be cool (in her own eyes, at least). I just want to give her shake and say “Caitlin, you’re a columnist for THE TIMES and you have been for a while. You are not 19 writing for music magazines and presenting tit late night yoof telly anymore, and you are so far from cool it’s embarrassing. You are a middle class fraud, a well-paid pretend Labour supporter in an expensive London multi-storey house with a huge loft conversion. Nobody is impressed by explicit stories about your maintenance shags or the time those girls stopped you on a train to tell you they have a wank club because of you. STOP IT”.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Had a couple of tweets back and forward with her the other month when she was all about ‘ban these horrible trolls!’ because of her pal Sali’s documentary.

Think she forgets that her early career was based on - or consisted of - writing insulting tit about a lot of acts whilst arselicking the more famous ones. Wonder how she would have felt about ‘ban the trolls!’ then.

Reactions: 13
Had a couple of tweets back and forward with her the other month when she was all about ‘ban these horrible trolls!’ because of her pal Sali’s documentary.

Think she forgets that her early career was based on - or consisted of - writing insulting tit about a lot of acts whilst arselicking the more famous ones. Wonder how she would have felt about ‘ban the trolls!’ then.
Yeah she called Alanis Morrissette "horsey faced". She recently brushed it off as "it was the 90s, everyone was horrible to each other"

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Yeah she called Alanis Morrissette "horsey faced". She recently brushed it off as "it was the 90s, everyone was horrible to each other"
Well, she was quite horrible to people of colour not too long ago when she said "she couldn't give a tit" that Lena Dunham had no black characters in Girls. Short memory a lot of the twitterati have.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Well, she was quite horrible to people of colour not too long ago when she said "she couldn't give a tit" that Lena Dunham had no black characters in Girls. Short memory a lot of the twitterati have.
how the hell does she keep getting away with this?!

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Yes and she was only writing about bands for a couple of years before the Times came along. I suppose. I think the coolest thing about her is that she goes around being herself. This is a double edged sword.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.