Caitlin Moran #2 She’s just insulting everyone’s intelligence now

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pump this review into my veins:https://www.theguardian.com/books/2...agD_pGoScpdjYPn-DG4fsXLnAI#Echobox=1689165846
---
I also don't know if all the menopause talk is actually helping. The Davina stuff is actually making women feel more frightened and anxious about menopause I think
I'm not so sure. There was a lot of damage done about the myth that HRT increases your risk of cancer and I think that has been undone of late.

my mum died of breast cancer when i was 30. I was terrified of going onto HRT but i was absolutely losing my mind because the symptoms were so bad. The increased discourse has really helped me.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Pump this review into my veins:https://www.theguardian.com/books/2...agD_pGoScpdjYPn-DG4fsXLnAI#Echobox=1689165846
---

I'm not so sure. There was a lot of damage done about the myth that HRT increases your risk of cancer and I think that has been undone of late.

my mum died of breast cancer when i was 30. I was terrified of going onto HRT but i was absolutely losing my mind because the symptoms were so bad. The increased discourse has really helped me.
Thanks for sharing xx

I definitely think that it's a good thing to discuss it more, no issues there. At the same time, there is also some fear mongering that menopause is the worst time ever and something to fear. That unspeakable things will happen to womens bodies, mental health, you name it. Equipping and empowering is one thing, I just think there should be more positive messaging in general rather than scaremongering especially as no two women are the same

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Controversial? Really? Interesting way of saying 'has been universally panned'.
And I think the words 'at my gigs' might give a slight clue as to the type of person that agrees with her.

Screenshot_20230713_030011.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
“It’s all just obvious and true”- I think it says a lot about her that she assumed that was a compliment…😬 to me, it sounds much more like they were aligned with the “will-this-do?” observation from the Observer piece above. Caitlin, love, I think they were saying that your writing is trite. Also, why is her audience “Mums, Dads and teachers”? She was just holding forth at parents evening, wasn‘t she? Cringe!

i used to find her funny, I will admit, but she’s been phoning it in for years, and is barely even a one-trick pony now. Half a trick pony maybe?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
She really pissed off fans with that too. There’s like an unspoken agreement between fan-fiction writers and actors that they are not meant to be for their eyes* and everyone respects that.

I know some fanfic can be really cringe, but people really enjoy it and keep it within their fandom. It’s never intended to be read out in public like that.

*some actors don’t mind it though

• Wow
Reactions: 23
It’s all just obvious and true”- I think it says a lot about her that she assumed that was a compliment…😬 to me, it sounds much more like they were aligned with the “will-this-do?” observation from the Observer piece above. Caitlin, love, I think they were saying that your writing is trite. Also, why is her audience “Mums, Dads and teachers”? She was just holding forth at parents evening, wasn‘t she? Cringe!
Bit in bold for thread title! I agree, what a supreme level of confidence in the public’s love for her work she must have to hear that as a compliment. Caitlin you bothered yourself to actually write all this down and now you want people to pay £12:99 or whatever for it. You do realise we now have ChatGPT to tell us trite internet-derived crap now, we don’t need you. “It’s all just obvious“ is the worst thing they could be saying. (Of course it’s also not obvious, it’s white middle class media luvvie bollocks.)

Reactions: 12
“It’s all just obvious and true”- I think it says a lot about her that she assumed that was a compliment…😬 to me, it sounds much more like they were aligned with the “will-this-do?” observation from the Observer piece above. Caitlin, love, I think they were saying that your writing is trite. Also, why is her audience “Mums, Dads and teachers”? She was just holding forth at parents evening, wasn‘t she? Cringe!

i used to find her funny, I will admit, but she’s been phoning it in for years, and is barely even a one-trick pony now. Half a trick pony maybe?
That quote reminds me of the "I've had lots of supportive DMs" type you get on fora... Or Jack Monroe claiming to have her abusive private messages. "My other audience says..."

A few years ago I saw her at Cheltenham litfest and she was amusing. But she made the same joke twice during one hour, about going into a place which looked like the Star Wars bar where a bloke plays his own nose as a flute, and the audience shifted. It all felt like a schtuck she couldn't quite keep together

Reactions: 13