Caitlin Moran #2 She’s just insulting everyone’s intelligence now

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember when she tried to crowdfund another series of ‘raised by wolves’ - and claimed it was the only working class sitcom in existence. 😂
I laugh reacted, but now that I think about it, this is what’s so crap about The Times, and anyone else who’s given her a platform. I never buy the Times, but there must be so many great writers out there who are genuinely working class, funnier than her, and more intelligent, who would be able to write a much better column every week.

And thinikng more about it, the Times probably think that she’s a “woke” voice, but she’s really not. I criticise Jack Monroe in the same way, as she is also described as “woke”.

But even being very generous and loose about the term, “woke“ means being aware of social issues. This does not apply to Caitlin or Jack, because they are respectively in their own bubble and too narc to care about anyone else.

Reactions: 22
I remember when she tried to crowdfund another series of ‘raised by wolves’ - and claimed it was the only working class sitcom in existence. 😂
Omg you are right - she did. I'd forgotten that.
That was such a dent to her massive ego when it wasn't renewed.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I found Raised By Wolves quite funny, but I'm also not that surprised it was cancelled.

Reactions: 7
I was waiting to see Japanese Breakfast last Sunday at Glastonbury when an announcement came on the screen that they couldn’t make it, 5 mins later the screens lit up saying that they were being replaced by Eaves Wilder, Caitlin’s daughter’s band.

This was the second biggest stage at the festival. This band had never even played a festival before 🙄

They haven’t even released an album. There must have been so many more talented artists on site, people who were playing every single day of the festival too on the small stages.

I left the field in disgust, no one else quite got my anger, just pleased it was before 2pm so the BBC won’t televise it and godmother Lauren can’t gush over her like she does on her radio show.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Yep. A lot of work has gone into campaigns about men’s mental health, opening up discussions etc. Just because she doesn’t personally know any of these guys it doesn’t mean they don’t exist.
Reminds me of the time Eddie Redmayne commented about how "The Danish Girl" really started getting conversation going around trans issues, apparently completely genuinely.

These days he doesn't talk about it because (I assume) he realised he made some rather entitled and ignorant comments, but very much the same vibe.

How is benchmarking/oppo not standard for authors and film stars?

Reactions: 6
Reminds me of the time Eddie Redmayne commented about how "The Danish Girl" really started getting conversation going around trans issues, apparently completely genuinely.

These days he doesn't talk about it because (I assume) he realised he made some rather entitled and ignorant comments, but very much the same vibe.

How is benchmarking/oppo not standard for authors and film stars?
Eddie hasn't written a book on the subject and isn't pretending he's going to be the one to solve everything so that's not really a fair comparison
---
‘Psychologically destroy the cunty five year old’
So edgy 🤪
Jesus. How does she know all this stuff? How arrogant to assume she knows what discussions take place when she's not around?

Reactions: 9
I didn't even make a comparison, just commented on a generally similar vibe of "talking the talk prior to conducting any research" that's relatively common in these industries.

He's a Hollywood actor who appeared in a film for entertainment purposes and made a well meaning comment which he probably thought was the right thing to do given who the film in question was about

She's written a book presenting her narrow worldview as absolute fact and acting as if she's going to be the one to solve everything while ignoring the many men who have made this their niche

Sorry but I don't see where you're coming from with the similar vibes

Reactions: 3
He's a Hollywood actor who appeared in a film for entertainment purposes and made a well meaning comment which he probably thought was the right thing to do given who the film in question was about

She's written a book presenting her narrow worldview as absolute fact and acting as if she's going to be the one to solve everything while ignoring the many men who have made this their niche

Sorry but I don't see where you're coming from with the similar vibes
That's cool, we don't have to agree, and derailing the thread further to try and make my point clearer would be wildly OT as it's about her, not him.
---
So edgy 🤪
Maybe it's because I don't have kids so don't fully understand the depth of feeling, but that comment sounds bleeping sinister!

Reactions: 9
So edgy 🤪
Argh Argh Argh.
I'm starting to dislike her actually.
The way she thinks she knows about men and also makes women feel bad. A lot of women find mothering difficult and not intuitive AT ALL. Reading how they are doing it all wrong is so harmful. Unless you have a big gang of 'mates' who discuss their vaginas at length, and have terribly easy relationships with their children then she doesn't want to know. Oh and are all married to emotionally impotent neanderthals apparently.
I really think this woman is a dangerous idiot tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I really don't recognise the bathroom scenes she describes. Is women throwing around tampons and telling strangers to dump their boyfriends the type of thing she witnesses in coke drenched media haunts?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Wow, just saw her on news night. Apparently she knows how young men feel like. What a harpy

• Haha
  • Wow
Another thread that desperately needs an eye roll react. Sounds like Newsnight was forever-level cringe.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
That Newsnight interview is why I sought this thread out! I find her intensely irritating. Oh my! yes eye roll galore

Reactions: 6
I don't know if my blood pressure could stand watching Newsnight tonight.
But this gem was in a recent GQ article.

Screenshot_20230705_004552.jpg

Is she insane?
Women still face taboos on a regular basis here and around the world. Busting them is not always 'so richly rewarded'. And 'find a taboo'? They are usually unwillingly thrust upon you.
When will she grasp she is only speaking for her own group of women friends? The experiences of her, Lauren Laverne, Sali Hughes and their twitter acolytes are not universal.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 20