Caitlin Moran #2 She’s just insulting everyone’s intelligence now

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is a ghastly article in The Guardian today by her.
How does she get any credence - I don't get it?
One thing, amongst many things, that is so annoying is her assertion that her opinion is fact. She describes women in a totally alien way to most women I know. Apparently we're always discussing our vaginas on the bus, shouting 'Yasss Queeeen' in toilets and on occasion removing our friend's tampons. And the belief all women have such a large group of 'mates' who all behave like this.
No thought that it might just be her. Her assumption is that her very small area of experience is universal.
Feminism is now sorted, by her obviously, and the men need her attention.
Does she ever look at the experience of women in some other countries and how feminism is panning out for them? She sees Muswell Hill and Glastonbury and thinks it is like that everywhere.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Someone told me that her streaks (in her hair) are clip ons. I don't know if that's true or if they were winding me up.
having only one section of your hair bleached like that usually leads to a lot of breakage and difference in length. they probably are.

Reactions: 4
She’s got such narrow life experience, married young, affluent media lifestyle, why is anyone paying her to do this?
If she’d lived a more colourful life maybe this kind of book would fly, or if she’d actually done some proper research…and why is she so invested in making out white middle class men have it so rough?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
If she’d lived a more colourful life maybe this kind of book would fly, or if she’d actually done some proper research…and why is she so invested in making out white middle class men have it so rough?
That is exactly it. Nail on head. Plus women now have it so sorted apparently.
And her wierd obsession with Andrew Tate.

This is the Guardian piece. It is a long read written in her usual turgid yet overwrought style. So many points I was completely infuriated and baffled in equal measure by her absolute disinformation.

Reactions: 11
She’s such a dick. This is her advice to teenage boys...

View attachment 2277985
That interview on Lorraine.
Moran was saying all mothers and daughters discuss their vaginas together with pride, simpleton Lorraine nodding along instead of saying 'do they? How do you know?'
Just because Moran talks about her fanny endlessly does not mean other women do. And nor should they if they don't want to. I just don't see talking about your privates to anyone who will listen as the great feminist liberator she for some reason assumes it is 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I can't believe they had a Bed-In for Pete. Imagine the luxury of both of a couple being able to take their bed for a week when one had (very) high blood pressure. Does Caitlin acknowledge this privilege or perhaps examine how traditional male roles/expectations of men might discourage men from taking time out for their health,, that this might be seen as a weakness or failing if only to themselves so they just carry on especially if they might not be in the material position to be sick if in precarious employment. Nah.

Reactions: 13

She really has stepped on toes with this new book
Yep. A lot of work has gone into campaigns about men’s mental health, opening up discussions etc. Just because she doesn’t personally know any of these guys it doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

Reactions: 18
Could she also not just have let a man write a version of this book. I think even if Pete had put his name to this it would sit better with me. (Not that he would, I hope, at least not without some editing. In fact thinking about this - seeing some of the quotes above - where are the editors in this!)

Reactions: 10
I don't understand what's going on with editors these days. My job involves a lot of formal writing and I've had managers who wouldn't have let me put something on this level of crapness in an email, never mind a publication.

Is the whole industry all nepo babies and vanity publishing now?

Reactions: 20
I just really don’t understand if it’s feigned ignorance to make some kind of point, or if she really is that ignorant?
Like, how can she not have even heard of the charity CALM? David Baddiel, “one of her peers” used to be a patron for them.

Plus so many young men in the public eye have bravely talked about mental health issues including people like Roman Kemp (there are lots more).
But of course according to Gobby no men ever do.
Only she knows about these things.

Plus so many young men in the public eye have bravely talked about mental health issues including people like Roman Kemp (there are lots more).
But of course according to Gobby no men ever do.
Only she knows about these things.
Right! I genuinely don’t understand. Surely it would be a much better book if she acknowledged the work that IS being done, instead of twisting the whole angle to fit her own weird narrative.

Roman Kemp is a great example. Off the top of my head, there’s also Professor Green, Lewis Capaldi, Robbie Williams, even David Beckham was the first celeb I heard talking about OCD and how it affected him.

Its so unsulting to them, and the people who have been working on this, and trying to help.

Also, I’m a woman, but I’ve always cared about men’s mental health as much a women’s, I’m sure that’s the case for a lot of us. Why is she acting like it’s this sudden realisation?

I don’t wish anything bad on her, but it’s interesting that this could be the book that really exposes how limited her thoughts are.

Reactions: 20
I can honestly say I've never discussed my vagina with friends or family.

I don't feel like I've missed out at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
She did a similar thing when she was publicising How to Build a Girl - I remember her saying in an interview that she wrote it because there was no fiction for teenage girls that wasn't about vampires - so just ignoring the whole young adult fiction genre going back decades then.

I think that was when I first noticed how much of what she says was just pure bollocks

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She did a similar thing when she was publicising How to Build a Girl - I remember her saying in an interview that she wrote it because there was no fiction for teenage girls that wasn't about vampires - so just ignoring the whole young adult fiction genre going back decades then.

I think that was when I first noticed how much of what she says was just pure bollocks
It’s mind blowing at this point! I keep saying this, but if she isn’t personally aware of something, it doesn’t exist. Isn’t one of the signs of an intelligent person admitting/acknowledging that there’s so much you don’t know much about? Because then you’re open to learning.

She gets paid SO much for this crap too. And it goes back to what @Hollaaa says, a decent editor would cooperate with her to try and make it better, not just let all these inaccuracies stand?

I remember when she tried to crowdfund another series of ‘raised by wolves’ - and claimed it was the only working class sitcom in existence. 😂

• Haha