Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
Is it because it just has flavourings? So they are just chemicals that artificially taste like strawberries or whatever. It doesn't actually contain any of what it is meant to taste of, so they don't have to list it.
Yeah I think that’s why as well I read someone say it’s just the flavourings so they can cover up the flavour by using them

Reactions: 1

Notworthy

VIP Member
Never thought of that, I've never had one of those before but could be an probably why the taste seemed to go between them

She usually eats those an it was the first thing that come to her but didn't know they were in season, that's intresting
I only know of loganberries because my grandparents used to grow them, not really available commercially, probably my fav fruit.

HoGi

VIP Member
No2 definitely has banana in it 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

No1 defo has a nutty taste.

Husband thinks maybe cherry bakewell.

Rosie glow

VIP Member
Really liked no 2 tastes like raspberry and cream to me, didn't like no1 though hubby thinks that one is hazelnut

Amyx1518

VIP Member
so yeah, 01 is rhubarb and custard sweets and 02 is blue slush puppie. thats what i'm going with lol

ToxicPony

Chatty Member
Just tried bar number 2.. anyone else think it tastes like bubblegum??
This was my guess at first taste. If I was to break down the flavours I got banana and some sweet berry, husband thought cherry, those three are basically what bubblegum flavour is made of.

I think everyone is tasting differently because each flavour is multiple flavours that come together under a 'title', like bubblegum or tutti frutti or whatever.

Snippysnips

VIP Member
When I find them ill probably get two of each bar, am a bit curious to know if maybe each bar has a few different flavours to mix people up so its not obvious as to what it is if everyone is saying strawberry or raspberry etc especially since it seems people are all divided on what they are

chickhicks86

VIP Member
I tried yesterday with my kid. He thought number 1 tasted nutty, I couldn't really taste anything at all. Number 2 we both thought was fruity. He said strawberry, I thought tropical. They weren't horrible, but would be in no rush to buy again.

dorydaryl

Chatty Member
Bought one of each and have only eaten no. 1. It tasted slightly nutty to me- almondy, perhaps. Wasn't impressed. 'Twas bland. Not really looking forward to no. 2, now, from what I've read.
Sorry to quote myself but I've since had a number 2 (pun obviously intended because it was a bit crap).

Slightly flowery, fruity taste. Still bland and didn't actually get my tastebuds rocking. Wouldn't be surprised if they state there's a flower in there, mixed with a fruit. Similarly with number 1, but not a flower, an 'essence' like vanilla to go with the slightly nutty taste.

What an epic fail form Cadburys. Run a competition that should in theory get people going back again and again to buy their chocolate bars but come up with a flavour so awful everyone is like meh keep your £5k, that bar is too shite to endure more than 1:ROFLMAO:

Yep, you've summed it up for me. 😝

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
I tried no 2. Tastes flowery to me, fruity and flowery. I guessed rosewater. Mum guessed Neapolitan icecream.

Cadbury’s emails clues out to you. One of the clues for 02 was, ‘if you’re a child at heart you’ll love this’.

Hmmmm.

Just tried no 1. Tastes like cake. Stumped.

Last edited:

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Thanks, going up the town tomorrow so I'll have another look, if I didn't want to try them then of course I'd be seeing them everywhere 😅
They had them in my local iceland near the self service tills.

I won’t be buying hate, not knowing what i’m supposed to be eating and don’t like surprises 😂.

chickhicks86

VIP Member
I think there are multiple flavours in the mix, not just a straight flavour. No.1 is sickly sweet and tasted like raspberries and then toasted nuts to me, No.2 tasted like acetone. Both are hideous.

To save you the runaround, you could give each store a ring to check if they have them in stock before leaving home. I'm sure in a week's time you'll be seeing them everywhere!
I couldn't taste any fruit in 1 at all, my son said he could taste nuts, but I couldn't really taste anything.

dorydaryl

Chatty Member
Bought one of each and have only eaten no. 1. It tasted slightly nutty to me- almondy, perhaps. Wasn't impressed. 'Twas bland. Not really looking forward to no. 2, now, from what I've read.

• Haha