Brummy Mummy #66 Easter decor verging on obscene, did you know she’s a size 18?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it just me or does her being back seem so unnatural? Like there’s an awkwardness about her and her stories today.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
I am so gutted she's back as normal. I knew it was too much to hope that she might have had some good content planned.

BTW though, I know this is a gossip forum, but I think that we should concentrate on the person's public socials that they present to us and not snoop on her private profile or her sister's profile for goss. That made me a bit uncomfortable tbh.

Reactions: 23
I am so gutted she's back as normal. I knew it was too much to hope that she might have had some good content planned.

BTW though, I know this is a gossip forum, but I think that we should concentrate on the person's public socials that they present to us and not snoop on her private profile or her sister's profile for goss. That made me a bit uncomfortable tbh.
I think personally if there’s behaviour you don’t like or that makes you uncomfortable then you should report it.

Also as far as I’m aware her sister goes to her meet ups and has an open Instagram and replied to comments calling Emma out on an ad. So she’s hardly some secret sister who’s all about privacy.

Reactions: 20
14 Stories in 6 hours and nothing new! Nothing of any interest! She is one sad, desperate woman.
How can she be on a week (6 days) off and keep going to pick up her phone to post.
I liken it to when I'm lying on the beach and I keep jumping up and thinking 'ooh I must check on that patient I saw the other day' 🤦‍♀️🙄 (**this never happened btw**) 🤣🤣
Is it something the therapist may have challenged her to do? Take a week off social media, we'll discuss it at your next session. It may just be me, but I find it weird that she took a week Wednesday-Wednesday otherwise (also one of the reasons I thought she might be isolating, randomly announcing a week off mid week!).

Reactions: 13
that vlog though! literally HOW would the babettes get through their lives without babs' guidance?! as if anyone needs to watch a YT video to work out how to whack a few coats of paint on a chest of drawers - except babs, obvs, who watched a "beginner's guide to chalk paint" YT vid TWICE, prior to filming her own guide! like seriously, if you were that desperate for guidance, i don't think emma conway would be your top choice of DIY teacher when there's actual professional guides on YT! 🤦🏻‍♀️

there is a lot of repetition - yeah emma, you ordered paint from a website, WE GET IT! the clarification that she bought a small tin of paint, but IF she decides to paint the "bugger" chest of drawers, she may have to buy a big tin! riveting content, as always! definitely a vlog to tune into as we are even treated to a close up of babs' sloppy painting skills! 🤣

babs literally states that the first coat is very patchy, and needs a second coat, but then moans that erin came outside to say she liked the colour, but that it needed a second coat - "yeah i know! thanks for your expert advice!" *eye roll* sarcasm aimed at the golden child - babs must have been in a bad mood! also the fact that she wants the babettes to advise her on which colour to paint the larger chest of drawers, because duck erin's opinion! it's not like it's in her room or anything!

a little debate with herself about whether she is going to store her paint tins in the shed or upstairs - because how will the babettes sleep not knowing where babs stores her paint?!

oh, and if you were planning on making over a chest of drawers, you won't be able to do. it without the assistance of a MANLY MAN, to remove the drawer handles, fill in the holes, and then attach the new handles. a woman's DIY skills must be limited to painting. i imagine ste was told to open the paint tin for her, because - y'know - effort. babs needs to save her energy, hence the snack break inbetween coats! oh,a and if she does decide to paint the big chest of drawers, she will obviously need ste's help with the painting, because they're BIG, and she's just a woman. trying her best.

and, as predicted, the outcome of the finished chest of drawers? babs thinks they turned out really, really well, she did a great job, erin is super pleased etc etc. classic babs, never one to blow her own trumpet!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
This is probably a bit random point to make but that spring coat she bought is clearly too big so why didn’t she send it back and get a different size? I actually like the coat and I ordered it in a stone colour a few weeks ago (not using her affiliate link). I’m normally a size 12 so I ordered a 10 as it looked oversized and it was huge. I think a size 8 still would’ve been too big. Why wear something that doesn’t fit you properly?? I guess cos she has to be a size 18 at all times.

Also, heart shaped sunglasses and clashing spotty headband to her jumpsuit, she looks ridiculous!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Had to screenshot it🤣. I wonder if she’ll confirm? 🤔
probably good that you screenshot it, because i'm sure that'll be the first comment to be deleted - wouldn't want anyone revealing that she was lying about her week revolving around painting drawers and sniffing children. i don't doubt that babs went on a trip to drayton manor, but i also guarantee that she won't reply to that comment because she won't want to admit that she's been out galavanting the minute lockdown rules were slightly relaxed. not that anyone wod be surprised, the amount of garden visits she had managed to cram in before she took her six day break. also, thomas land? really? i bet she was FUMING she couldn't post such perfect toddler mum content on IG! surely her kids are way too old for thomas? it kinda feels like the time she took erin on a peter rabbit walk for her tenth birthday - except this time it was entirely pointless, because she couldn't use it to up her engagement!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
probably good that you screenshot it, because i'm sure that'll be the first comment to be deleted - wouldn't want anyone revealing that she was lying about her week revolving around painting drawers and sniffing children. i don't doubt that babs went on a trip to drayton manor, but i also guarantee that she won't reply to that comment because she won't want to admit that she's been out galavanting the minute lockdown rules were slightly relaxed. not that anyone wod be surprised, the amount of garden visits she had managed to cram in before she took her six day break. also, thomas land? really? i bet she was FUMING she couldn't post such perfect toddler mum content on IG! surely her kids are way too old for thomas? it kinda feels like the time she took erin on a peter rabbit walk for her tenth birthday - except this time it was entirely pointless, because she couldn't use it to up her engagement!
She’s also outside today, moaning about hay fever/dribbly eyes or whatever she’s on about, and I highly doubt she’d be sitting watching her kids play out there on her own so she must have company again!

• Wow
Reactions: 10
260 comments on her grid post all telling her how wonderful she is and how much they’ve missed her! She will never give up this ‘job’ while blind sheep blow smoke up her arse and make her feel like she is the celebrity she thinks she is.
I despair- the woman is a moron and ther are over 200 people telling her she’s marvellous for scratching her face and picking her eyes at 6.30 am and spouting utter shite.

**shakes head in disbelief**

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
This is probably a bit random point to make but that spring coat she bought is clearly too big so why didn’t she send it back and get a different size? I actually like the coat and I ordered it in a stone colour a few weeks ago (not using her affiliate link). I’m normally a size 12 so I ordered a 10 as it looked oversized and it was huge. I think a size 8 still would’ve been too big. Why wear something that doesn’t fit you properly?? I guess cos she has to be a size 18 at all times.
anything to cling onto that #size18style hashtag - regardless of whether that means cramming herself into clothes that are far too small, or refusing to return clothes that are too big and size down. she's so obsessed with the idea of promoting body confidence - despite the fact that she's quite clearly lacking confidence in her appearance, hence the fake waist pose - and has become so attached to size 18 as a way of doing this, that she probably thinks people would ditch her if she dared to announce that she was wearing a size 16 because she just wouldn't be relatable, wearing clothes in the average size for a UK woman!

she seems to have fixated on size 18 as being large enough to push the body confidence bandwagon, whilst still being a totally socially acceptable clothes size. size 18 is barely plus size, ffs! implying that she is a size 18 in literally every item of clothing - regardless of style, brand etc etc - just highlights the fact that she is NOT confident in her body, other wise she'd pay no attention to size and just buy clothes that fit her, regardless of numbers. she's obviously very attached to size 18; it seems to represent to her a size when can accept, yet anything above it is totally unacceptable to her. she clearly attaches a lot of her worth to her size, which is exactly the opposite of body confident!

if i were one of her followers who was above a size 18, i'd be very put off by the fact that she refuses ever to buy a size larger than an 18, because it implies that there's something wrong with that. if she was truly confident in her own skin, she'd wear clothes that fit her - regardless of whether they were a size 16,18, 20 or 22 - and simply change her hashtag to #plussizestyle. but no, babs has herself trapped between actually admitting she's gained weight - because it affects her self esteem - and wearing a size 16 - because she thinks that sizing down will alienate followers as she's a specifically #size18style role model. she is forever doomed to wear clothes that don't fit her properly, and feel uncomfortable! she fails to realise that she'd probably actually appeal to more people - and certainly gain people's respect - if she was just honest about her size and how she feels about her body, instead of desperately clinging to promoting a bandwagon that doesn't apply to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
No Bab. Antihistamines work within 20-30 mins, usually better after a couple of hours. Sure it's not dry eyes you have from too much screen time?
I feel like she’s posted this A) for sympathy for hay fever which literally so many people have a it’s not special or generally hard to manage and B) to show her rings that she is still #married #inlove and she didn’t go off grid because Ste finally had enough!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
the awkward moment when you're desperately trying to show off your upcycling skills, and Annie Sloan comments, subtly slating your knowledge, and implying that you know duck all about chalk paint! BOOM.

Screenshot_20210414_160713.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Is it something the therapist may have challenged her to do? Take a week off social media, we'll discuss it at your next session. It may just be me, but I find it weird that she took a week Wednesday-Wednesday otherwise (also one of the reasons I thought she might be isolating, randomly announcing a week off mid week!).
Possibly yes!
I'm still in two minds about if I even believe she's having therapy or not tbh.
But, IF she is then it'll be CBT or talk therapy (or both) and a way of addressing her addiction to this online world (which let's face it she is) will be to have long planned breaks from it. But her problems start with her addiction to the attention and adoration she gets and that won't be helped by breaks and then coming back as full on as she is 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 10
260 comments on her grid post all telling her how wonderful she is and how much they’ve missed her! She will never give up this ‘job’ while blind sheep blow smoke up her arse and make her feel like she is the celebrity she thinks she is.
I despair- the woman is a moron and ther are over 200 people telling her she’s marvellous for scratching her face and picking her eyes at 6.30 am and spouting utter shite.

**shakes head in disbelief**
I've made this point before, but this is ultimately what it comes down to. We can criticise Emma as much as we want, but the reality is that she is able to make a very good living doing this so why would she change? Brands continue to work with her. Her followers remain - or any that are lost are replaced with newcomers. She doesn't need to change, because there are no real life consequences. Anyone that thinks or hopes that she will change in the foreseeable future is just setting themselves up for disappointment.

Reactions: 23
I've made this point before, but this is ultimately what it comes down to. We can criticise Emma as much as we want, but the reality is that she is able to make a very good living doing this so why would she change? Brands continue to work with her. Her followers remain - or any that are lost are replaced with newcomers. She doesn't need to change, because there are no real life consequences. Anyone that thinks or hopes that she will change in the foreseeable future is just setting themselves up for disappointment.
Agreed! I think when people first arrive on here they are generally Babettes who are in the process of having their eyes opened about what she’s really like - myself included. Because you’ve just realised she’s a mess, you think it can’t be long, surely, before she realises, or someone close to her realises, and stops her. But there wouldn’t be 60-odd threads on her if she’d stopped! Clearly she loves the adoration and the money more than she loves her privacy, dignity or future career. So here we are, stuck with her just the way she is!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
duck me! such a fuss over Ste having to take off handles and put them on again! Wtf is wrong with her that she can fling her cracking rack and delicious thighs around the kitchen for a past time but can't lift a tiny set of drawers onto the kitchen counter without involving Ste!?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.