Brummy Mummy #65 Throughout the pandemic no understanding, just keeps on demanding

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also you need a Ste/ house elf/ the help who will literally do everything & bring you tea of a morning.

Has she mentioned it today? I think she needs to give daily reminders Emma “I’m a size 18” CONway
Imagine if Pus ever went away on a stag weekend or had to work away with his job. She’d be frantic of a morning, how would she cope!! 😮🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Potential TW - mentions self harm

I don’t normally comment on this thread but here’s my take. I’m a lot younger than band but I’m a size 18. I recognise that in some shops I might need a 20 or 22 especially if I want to size up for comfort. Her claim that she is “body confident” is such bullshit, posting pictures of yourself like she does on social media means duck all. Also this thing about “it’s a bit warm so you have to wear your “cossie” in the garden” is bleeping disgusting. I am not body confident at all - I have stretch marks, self harm scars across my thighs and a birthmark across my back. Even in summer I don’t show my legs or stomach so babs making out like body confidence means sharing yourself half naked on social media is so wrong and misleading.

also side note - I bought a bra from tu this week (in the right size) and it fits fine so babs squeezing into a bra that doesn’t fit doesn’t mean she’s body confident

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Potential TW - mentions self harm

I don’t normally comment on this thread but here’s my take. I’m a lot younger than band but I’m a size 18. I recognise that in some shops I might need a 20 or 22 especially if I want to size up for comfort. Her claim that she is “body confident” is such bullshit, posting pictures of yourself like she does on social media means duck all. Also this thing about “it’s a bit warm so you have to wear your “cossie” in the garden” is bleeping disgusting. I am not body confident at all - I have stretch marks, self harm scars across my thighs and a birthmark across my back. Even in summer I don’t show my legs or stomach so babs making out like body confidence means sharing yourself half naked on social media is so wrong and misleading.

also side note - I bought a bra from tu this week (in the right size) and it fits fine so babs squeezing into a bra that doesn’t fit doesn’t mean she’s body confident
I’m a size 18, quite confident in myself although I don’t promote myself as body confident and I will not be wearing a “cossie” in the garden, because it’s bleeping March, and on a Tuesday (as it’s only Tuesday they are saying it’s gonna be 21) like most people I’ll be at bleeping work!

I also think you are amazingly brave @whatshesaid123 to have shared your vulnerabilities. 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I’m a size 18, quite confident in myself although I don’t promote myself as body confident and I will not be wearing a “cossie” in the garden, because it’s bleeping March, and on a Tuesday (as it’s only Tuesday they are saying it’s gonna be 21) like most people I’ll be at bleeping work!

I also think you are amazingly brave @whatshesaid123 to have shared your vulnerabilities. 😘
This just cracked me up!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This just cracked me up!
She’s making out it’s going to be glorious sunshine. Ffs M-17 T-21 W-19 T-12 and dropping the rest of the week, then Easter Monday and Tuesday bleeping snow. She’s no bloody wincy Willis!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
She’s making out it’s going to be glorious sunshine. Ffs M-17 T-21 W-19 T-12 and dropping the rest of the week, then Easter Monday and Tuesday bleeping snow. She’s no bloody wincy Willis!
Wincey Willis 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
If I was Stephen I would be throwing away the manky old cossie and pretending it go ‘lost in the move’!

• Haha
  • Heart

Aww thankyou! 🥰 I just think that babs understanding of “body confident” is fucked up.

Also I don’t really want to comment on what size people are but babs can’t be a size 18 in everything, I’m a lot thinner than her and in a size 18 in most shops😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Aww thankyou! 🥰 I just think that babs understanding of “body confident” is fucked up.

Also I don’t really want to comment on what size people are but babs can’t be a size 18 in everything, I’m a lot thinner than her and in a size 18 in most shops😂
No one is one size in every item of clothing, from every shop. I also know I’m a 16 in jeans & jeggings from M&S as they give. So if those 18s are that tight she shoulda sized up! The porker is lying as per!

oh and I’m calling TINGO on how light it’s going to be tonight

• Haha
Like everyone says, you can't be an 18 in everything. I'm Babs size, maybe a bit smaller, but I'm hourglass shaped so big boobs and bum but have a waist.. which means, depending on the item, I have to wear 16, 18 and 20. Sometimes even 22 if it's a button shirt and I want it to be baggier round the bust. And that's not even thinking about different shops that have different fits. (I mean it's ridiculous that women's clothes can't be sized in cm like men's but that's another story). I know one thing, I can never order just one size if I'm buying online, I tend to order all 3 sizes and send the ones that don't fit back!

No one is one size in every item of clothing, from every shop. I also know I’m a 16 in jeans & jeggings from M&S as they give. So if those 18s are that tight she shoulda sized up! The porker is lying as per!

oh and I’m calling TINGO on how light it’s going to be tonight
Oh god, it's going to be a whole reel isn't it?...

"Is it just me or is it light?
Ste isnt it light out?
Mum, is it light there?
Anyone else keep saying "it's light"
Oh it's so light isn't it
Kids, I know it's light but it's 6pm, time for bed
Light, light, light - is that a real word, did I make light up?"

🙄

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

Ste isnt it light out?
Mum, is it light there?

🙄
[/QUOTE]
100% accurate 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Ste isnt it light out?
Mum, is it light there?

🙄
100% accurate 🤣🤣
[/QUOTE]
I missed you doing a recap for this thread. 😘 Please prep for the next one. X

Reactions: 9

I don’t have perfect skin.
My hair tends to be greasy because it’s fine.
I have acne.
I have huge stretch marks on my stomach.
I have a huge overhang from a lifesaving c-section.
I’m a size 18-20.
I wear clothes that fit my style and shape.
I hate having my photo taken.
I’d gladly play footie in the park or go in the pool on holiday.
I like the clothes I own.
I try and take care of my acne as best I can.

I’m not perfect, I don’t pretend to be. I’m happyish :). I have mental health issues BUT I don’t pretend to be body confident or otherwise. It’s called life. Live it! I’m not determined by the size clothes I wear or what I choose to post on SM. I’m defined by the person I am, how I treat others, how I support others and how I value others.

That’s better than being ‘body confident’

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Well well well,,,,,,

Very quiet in the old end terrace this afternoon isn't it 🤣🤫🤷‍♀️

Who's busy rule breaking AGAIN then Emma!!??? 🤬

• Angry
Reactions: 23
Babs, I'd like to take the opportunity to say, the word is absolutely, STOP SAYING APPSOLUTELY! Todays haul video auto played while I was washing up and couldn't be bothered to dry my hands to skip it. You said it like 5 times! 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 11
100% accurate 🤣🤣
I missed you doing a recap for this thread. 😘 Please prep for the next one. X
[/QUOTE]

Aw thanks, that’s sweet of you to say 😘
I’m afraid I haven’t been keeping track! But I’m guessing “Babs is still a liar. Oh and a size 18” would do?!?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I must admit that when old Wincey Willis announced that it’s going to be hot on Tuesday I went and checked the forecast. I was kind of wondering if I can send my kid to school in shorts, I checked and here it’s going to be hot from about 2-5p.m. Hardly swimming cossie weather!

I’m also wondering which level of the garden they’ll be putting the paddling pool and hose. She won’t be able to fit in all her usual sunny-day garden antics anymore. Can’t wait to see the gazebo, where will it go in that tiny triangular garden?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.