Brummy Mummy #52 IBS - Irritating Bab syndrome

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As a single mum I coslept with my youngest for a long time. It only really stopped when he started secondary school - he used to come in at 3am if he started in his own bed. He still occasionally asks to have a sleepover now and he's Y8, but I steer him away from it. It's only if he's really scared from a nightmare or really ill now.

But I've never had to turf someone out the bed for him to do it

And no one in his real life has ever known.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Not strictly just Babs related, but seeing as a lot of Instahunfluenzer/ Sharenter Brigade also clearly read here 👋, I just found this article which I think, articulates very well some of the concerns that have been aired already on Tattle!

GLAMOUR UK: The Risks Of Sharenting On Social Media.

Cack book selection..........surely your front room has the highbrow classics or reference or coffee table type books...........Marian Keyes???? Give me strength!
I had the same thought 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 7
As a single mum I coslept with my youngest for a long time. It only really stopped when he started secondary school - he used to come in at 3am if he started in his own bed. He still occasionally asks to have a sleepover now and he's Y8, but I steer him away from it. It's only if he's really scared from a nightmare or really ill now.

But I've never had to turf someone out the bed for him to do it

And no one in his real life has ever known.
I think the part that bothers me is that Emma publishes so much of the privacy of her children’s life, and they may one day get teased for some thing, even if they were just being kids

there’s a real issue with Instagram mums and this sort of thing because they don’t understand tht a childdeserves privacy

Not strictly just Babs related, but seeing as a lot of Instahunfluenzer/ Sharenter Brigade also clearly read here 👋, I just found this article which I think, articulates very well some of the concerns that have been aired already on Tattle!

GLAMOUR UK: The Risks Of Sharenting On Social Media.

I had the same thought 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think the part that bothers me is that Emma publishes so much of the privacy of her children’s life, and they may one day get teased for some thing, even if they were just being kids

there’s a real issue with Instagram mums and this sort of thing because they don’t understand tht a childdeserves privacy
This is exactly the issue. They cannot see things from their child's perspective. They do not see consequences. It's all about grabbing the moment for likes/shares/sponsorship. The best interests of their children don't seem to matter.

Oh and whilst we are on the subject, how Pentland is an ambassador for the NSPCC I have no idea! A charity dedicated to protecting children and fighting for the online harms bill to get done. Surely not a charity that would advocate sharing a childhood online to generate an income/ likes and shares to feed parental Ego.

Anyway, soapbox moment over..... as you were...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
She clearly hates sleeping with Kenny. This is the 2nd time in a week she's had a sleepover with one of the kids. Its very odd.
I mean he probably hates sleeping next to that over grown bean bag but like most men, he can probably sleep anywhere without too much fuss 🤷‍♀️
he was literally watching the football downstairs. at 8pm. how is that a reason to kick him out of the bed he *supposedly* sleeps in? it's not like he's gone away overnight, or has chosen to stay up late to watch the football - it's only "late" in regards to babs' sleeping pattern! at this point, she's literally making any excuse to claim the bed as her own. how dare ste kick her off netflix to watch the super manly man sport of football? that definitely warrants a night on the sofa, or curled up on the spare mattress on ethan's floor! he must be punished! plus, y'know, it takes the pressure off babs to show a hint of his arm in the bed next to her if she's already stated that he isn't there. anyt to make her life easier!

at least it's saturday tomorrow, so he'll get his once-a-week chance to sleep in kween babs' bed for a few hours - unless he's ordered out on yet another early morning "essential" shopping trip to buy her more cinnamon rolls!

and bad luck to ethe golden child, who has notably been sleeping in past 7am recently - she'll be woken up unnecessarily early when babs turns in the light to gurn at her phone at 5am. she'll soon be ditching the mommy and me sleepovers!

Reactions: 15
And wasn't part of the plan for the house to extend? I was expecting the garden to be huge thinking they were going to build out into it and have the standard insta kitchen/living space set up.
The garden is much bigger than her pictures suggest, it’s multi split level.

Reactions: 2
She needs to stop saying about remote learning “its okay if you do nothing” “its okay if you just survive” NO IT ISNT!! This toxic mindset means teachers are having huge issues with engagement...While we do our best to make sure nobody is left behind 🤦🏻‍♀️
Agree with this. All the instamums are saying it. If someone has got time to watch her banal stories then surely they can teach their kids. I can’t believe she thinks it’s ok to normalise this.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hope Ethan was actually able to sleep with all the partying going on

Reactions: 7
She needs to see recommendations for her followers "favourite book?" In other words, she hopes they'll say her pamphlet.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Is it just me but she seems even more shifty than usual this morning?
wonder what she’s trying to cover up now?
You can’t go travelling for your walks now babs someone from derby got fined £200 for driving 9 miles to exercise.....you must stay local 😉

Reactions: 21
How can someone so obsessed with Louis Theroux not follow him on Instagram? Her foodie friend does. 🤔
One would think her obsessions & collections are purely for content & there is nothing real about them.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.