Brummy Mummy #41 The tales of Babetha Conway and her smaller (BIGGER) new house

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was thinking this but their old house was a loft conversion so had no loft space did it? And i think it may be slightly bigger with the fact they do now have a dining room and kitchen and living room whereas before they didnt have a dining room space. It seems quite a weird layout to me - and the fact there is no garage is very weird given the sheer amount of shite they own!
That is true. Her old bedroom was in the loft space. They had a small dining room at the end of their kitchen with the table where the kids did homework etc and she did her bizarre hanging over Erin birds eye ad. The new dining room doesn’t look much bigger especially as they need to put a fridge in it. The main (upstairs bathroom) looks about the same size as their en-suite and the downstairs bathroom is smaller than the bathroom at the old house. They’ve traded 2 living rooms for 1 slightly bigger living room and given up all the garden space, the massive garage / office. I’m not sure it makes sense from a space perspective to be honest. They would have been better off extending the house they had rather than buying a new similar sized house

Reactions: 14
That is true. Her old bedroom was in the loft space. They had a small dining room at the end of their kitchen with the table where the kids did homework etc and she did her bizarre hanging over Erin birds eye ad. The new dining room doesn’t look much bigger especially as they need to put a fridge in it. The main (upstairs bathroom) looks about the same size as their en-suite and the downstairs bathroom is smaller than the bathroom at the old house. They’ve traded 2 living rooms for 1 slightly bigger living room and given up all the garden space, the massive garage / office. I’m not sure it makes sense from a space perspective to be honest. They would have been better off extending the house they had rather than buying a new similar sized house
It makes no sense to me either - they’ve gone for less space with a growing family

Reactions: 11
Good Evening incredibly clever crew. I’ve just watched the house tour blog and here are my thoughts:
  • Babs has a long spiel at the start, talking to camera about how happy and thrilled and excited she is about the new house, but her face tells a different story. She looks so miserable. Smile babs, you’re in your new house! Your 19 year old self dreamed of living in a place like this!
  • Throughout the tour the camera is basically pointed at the floor. It was really uncomfortable to watch, like she doesn’t want us to see much of the walls or the ceilings.
  • There’s a weird downstairs bathroom with a strange corner bath that doesn’t look like you could comfortably sit in it.
  • Stephen is keeping his shoes in a cupboard in the downstairs bathroom. Wtf?
  • They’re putting a smeg fridge freezer in the dining room? Classy.
  • The kitchen seems very impractical for a family. The cupboards are so shallow and can’t fit anything in. Why would that be a kitchen of dreams?
  • Princess Favourite Erin has a huge bedroom which has been set up perfectly and is basically done. Although the poor toot was worried about moving to the new house as her bedroom would be smaller. You’re right babs, it must be hard for her to go from an absolutely ginormous bedroom to just a standard ginormous bedroom.
  • Poor old Ethan has the box room that looks like it’s under some stairs. Good job he loves Harry Potter as he’s basically living Harry’s life.
  • Babs doesn’t care about her kids’ privacy at all, showing inside Erin’s cupboard and inside Ethan’s wardrobe. She did tell us that Erin’s wardrobe had her clothes in...phew that mystery has been solved.
  • There are no wardrobes in their bedroom as ‘Stephen only has so much time to make things’. Can Babs not put a couple of flat packs together? Must be another effect of her bad back...no more flat pack? You relax babs, put your feet up and watch another real housewives, don’t worry about PUS with his full time job, he can fit another flat pack in before he sleeps in the Harry Potter room of doom.
  • There are no ceiling slants in babs’ bedroom as they’re not great for Stephen as he’s so tall. I’m not sure why she’s worried about that as he won’t be sleeping in there.
  • There’s a tiny upstairs bathroom that is more the size of an en-suite. That’s their family bathroom? Where will we hear the shrieks of ‘bath bomb bath bomb’? Shower bomb doesn’t have quite the same ring.
  • Babs can’t walk up the stairs from the first floor to the second floor without being out of breath. Seems that whole couch to 5k was a lie.
  • They’re storing their coats on the top floor. That’s handy for when you need to leave the house. Run up two flights, put your coat on, and run back down. At least babs will get a bit fitter anyway.
  • The only actual storage in the house is in the office on the top floor, which babs has said will be ‘Disney storage’. Of course, that’s the priority.
  • She’s setting herself a task a week to show on youtube. One week it might be new carpet, one week it might be sorting the Christmas cupboard. Sounds frantic bab, make sure you manage to find time to relax in between.
  • In summary: There’s no storage, a lot of the rooms seem more badly set up than the previous house (e.g. babs can’t have her dressing table in the bedroom as there’s no space), and I’m wondering why they bought it. Was it purely for the location? I’m not mentioning where it is, but my suspicions are that it’s in quite a sought after area. It seems that she’s sacrificed having a well set up house that has enough storage and a sensible place to put the fridge freezer, for a location that she can brag about at the school gates. Sums our babs up really.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
It makes no sense to me either - they’ve gone for less space with a growing family
She probably needed the move for content and probably hoping she would get some gifted stuff for the renovation hence mentioning 173748494! times about the carpets and such.

Although Emily Norris moved to a beautiful house on the same day as her so I imagine she wasn’t happy about that

Reactions: 14
I do like the new house but I’m wondering if she doesn’t have a garage where the helllll is she going to put all of her stuff 😮 has she said there is no garage or am I making that up? She is going to have to have a massive clear out!

Reactions: 10
Just put the new house your vlog on and holy tit her make up at the beginning is HORRIFIC. Also, she looks a lot older than she is...

• Haha
Well, the new house is very underwhelming. Just had a look at Emily Norris’s and my God it’s amazing! I don’t understand why you’d have a fridge freezer in the dining room? Babs’ house seems completely impractical for her family.

Reactions: 18
Good Evening incredibly clever crew. I’ve just watched the house tour blog and here are my thoughts:
  • Babs has a long spiel at the start, talking to camera about how happy and thrilled and excited she is about the new house, but her face tells a different story. She looks so miserable. Smile babs, you’re in your new house! Your 19 year old self dreamed of living in a place like this!
  • Throughout the tour the camera is basically pointed at the floor. It was really uncomfortable to watch, like she doesn’t want us to see much of the walls or the ceilings.
  • There’s a weird downstairs bathroom with a strange corner bath that doesn’t look like you could comfortably sit in it.
  • Stephen is keeping his shoes in a cupboard in the downstairs bathroom. Wtf?
  • They’re putting a smeg fridge freezer in the dining room? Classy.
  • The kitchen seems very impractical for a family. The cupboards are so shallow and can’t fit anything in. Why would that be a kitchen of dreams?
  • Princess Favourite Erin has a huge bedroom which has been set up perfectly and is basically done. Although the poor toot was worried about moving to the new house as her bedroom would be smaller. You’re right babs, it must be hard for her to go from an absolutely ginormous bedroom to just a standard ginormous bedroom.
  • Poor old Ethan has the box room that looks like it’s under some stairs. Good job he loves Harry Potter as he’s basically living Harry’s life.
  • Babs doesn’t care about her kids’ privacy at all, showing inside Erin’s cupboard and inside Ethan’s wardrobe. She did tell us that Erin’s wardrobe had her clothes in...phew that mystery has been solved.
  • There are no wardrobes in their bedroom as ‘Stephen only has so much time to make things’. Can Babs not put a couple of flat packs together? Must be another effect of her bad back...no more flat pack? You relax babs, put your feet up and watch another real housewives, don’t worry about PUS with his full time job, he can fit another flat pack in before he sleeps in the Harry Potter room of doom.
  • There are no ceiling slants in babs’ bedroom as they’re not great for Stephen as he’s so tall. I’m not sure why she’s worried about that as he won’t be sleeping in there.
  • There’s a tiny upstairs bathroom that is more the size of an en-suite. That’s their family bathroom? Where will we hear the shrieks of ‘bath bomb bath bomb’? Shower bomb doesn’t have quite the same ring.
  • Babs can’t walk up the stairs from the first floor to the second floor without being out of breath. Seems that whole couch to 5k was a lie.
  • They’re storing their coats on the top floor. That’s handy for when you need to leave the house. Run up two flights, put your coat on, and run back down. At least babs will get a bit fitter anyway.
  • The only actual storage in the house is in the office on the top floor, which babs has said will be ‘Disney storage’. Of course, that’s the priority.
  • She’s setting herself a task a week to show on youtube. One week it might be new carpet, one week it might be sorting the Christmas cupboard. Sounds frantic bab, make sure you manage to find time to relax in between.
  • In summary: There’s no storage, a lot of the rooms seem more badly set up than the previous house (e.g. babs can’t have her dressing table in the bedroom as there’s no space), and I’m wondering why they bought it. Was it purely for the location? I’m not mentioning where it is, but my suspicions are that it’s in quite a sought after area. It seems that she’s sacrificed having a well set up house that has enough storage and a sensible place to put the fridge freezer, for a location that she can brag about at the school gates. Sums our babs up really.
Brilliant... except when the other parents see her coming towards them they'll make their excuses and leave, or go off to a proper job or just go home and do things that don't involve shouting into a camera for attention.

I was thinking this but their old house was a loft conversion so had no loft space did it? And i think it may be slightly bigger with the fact they do now have a dining room and kitchen and living room whereas before they didnt have a dining room space. It seems quite a weird layout to me - and the fact there is no garage is very weird given the sheer amount of shite they own!
It's a dining area in the kitchen isn't it? They had a table in the old kitchen

Reactions: 7
I've no idea why on earth they would move into that!
Its absolutely nothing special and quite the mish mash!
The kitchen is the nicest room and is only OK, as she pointed out the storage is awful and that bleeping mug cupboard 🤦‍♀️🤣 looks like it's been left there by accident.
Of course the favourite child has the best room but its not that great, and the way its laid out is odd. And that poor child's headboard backs onto Babs room 😳 lets hope she's a deep sleeper when Emma starts her morning Stories in the pit of doom (or worse 🤢)
Emma's room is awful compared to the "penthouse suite" she had in the old house.
The Utility is a cupboard, and the main bathroom downstairs is just odd 🤷‍♀️
Knowing the area she has 100% moved for the postcode, schools and status she thinks it'll give her!
Stuck up cow!

Reactions: 20
I've no idea why on earth they would move into that!
Its absolutely nothing special and quite the mish mash!
The kitchen is the nicest room and is only OK, as she pointed out the storage is awful and that bleeping mug cupboard 🤦‍♀️🤣 looks like it's been left there by accident.
Of course the favourite child has the best room but its not that great, and the way its laid out is odd. And that poor child's headboard backs onto Babs room 😳 lets hope she's a deep sleeper when Emma starts her morning Stories in the pit of doom (or worse 🤢)
Emma's room is awful compared to the "penthouse suite" she had in the old house.
The Utility is a cupboard, and the main bathroom downstairs is just odd 🤷‍♀️
Knowing the area she has 100% moved for the postcode, schools and status she thinks it'll give her!
Stuck up cow!
The mug cupboard actually ruins the kitchen. The estate agent is right, it needs ripping down. Maybe she would even be able to get a fridge freezer in that space rather than putting it in the dining room

It’s not like we need to be worried about Erin overhearing Emma and PUS making inappropriate noises as we know they don’t sleep together 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
The mug cupboard actually ruins the kitchen. The estate agent is right, it needs ripping down. Maybe she would even be able to get a fridge freezer in that space rather than putting it in the dining room

It’s not like we need to be worried about Erin overhearing Emma and PUS making inappropriate noises as we know they don’t sleep together 😂
TMI
I've had a hard day 🤣🤢
I need not these visions 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 9
TMI
I've had a hard day 🤣🤢
I need not these visions 🤦‍♀️
Everyone lock up your husbands in case Babetha does a special prawn cracker dance for PUS’s birthday 😂 🤢 🤮

#ihashtaglikeatwat #lockupyourhusbandfromtheirresistiblebabetha #PUSisaluckyboy #mightgettosleepinabigbiybedtonight

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
I can hear her now “do you not know who I am? I’m from xxxxx don’t you know” “what do you mean I’m not top of the list?”

I wonder if Pus will sleep in the corner bath?

• Haha
I can hear her now “do you not know who I am? I’m from xxxxx don’t you know” “what do you mean I’m not top of the list?”

I wonder if Pus will sleep in the corner bath?
He’ll either have to sleep in the foetal or, lesser well known, ‘comma’ position.....

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Do you know what, I have come to the conclusion and realisation that I just do not understand her. As a Mom of 1 little boy with additional needs in Birmingham I thought I really could relate to her more than other “influencers”. I relate to my next door neighbours fish more than her. I really do try and understand people from their perception but with her I just simply cannot.
It's a shame really as she started so well. Her meet up things were a fab idea.

Reactions: 9
It's a shame really as she started so well. Her meet up things were a fab idea.
Yes I think over time she’s become a bit of a caricature of herself. I think by giving up her job and becoming an influencer she has lost her authenticity. Also the fact her children are growing so she is no longer the lonely mum at home with a baby.

Reactions: 18
I do like the new house but I’m wondering if she doesn’t have a garage where the helllll is she going to put all of her stuff 😮 has she said there is no garage or am I making that up? She is going to have to have a massive clear out!
I think she mentioned a garagewhen she was in the loft, she said some of the stuff was going into the garage, I'd be very surprised if it's a quarter the size of the last one though as most of the storage seems to be going into the loft room

Reactions: 4
Been reading but not posted recently.

That house is a hot mess. Can't believe she gave up her old house for that.

Not entirely sure of the location but looking at houses on Moor Pool estate it's a similar layout on the 2nd floor to most of the houses there. My guess is it's a mews house on that estate.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.